I would love to know the way to upload my final art,
using FTP. It´s almost ready, but I need to know what
to do, ok?
Thanks

ALVARO
Valencia Venezuela.

Mibus
06-10-2004, 12:02 AM
Cartesius: Yeah, re-visit the final image upload page, log in again. You'll see a thumbnail if it worked :)

You "can't see" it because we've stopped anyone from being able to see what's in the directory... a little more confusing but a little more practical given how many people we're going to have uploading stuff..

Cartesius
06-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Mibus
Cartesius: Yeah, re-visit the final image upload page, log in again. You'll see a thumbnail if it worked :)

Yep, there it was, thanks! :thumbsup:

/Anders

duddlebug
06-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Riddick, if that is the size it rendered, then so be it. The guidelines on the instructions page were a common example, as it turns out. So submit that. If you have problems, contact Robert.

Hi Leigh

I just wanted to double check on this. Up until now i've been working on tha assumption that 2657x3636 (or 3636x2657) is the set size for the finished image. No deviations.

Does this post mean that we can actually produce images of a different size to these dimensions. As long as they are high resolution and close to the stated example?

I'm drawing up my final image this weekend and hopefully getting a good chunk of work done, so a quick response would be much appreciated.

I don't want to be disqualified from judging for something daft like producing the wrong size image...

Thanks!!

Alice
06-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Hi there!
When I log into my machinefleshentry Theres an older, no longer used, emailadress in my profile (whilst I have changed the email in my cgtalk profile) How do I change this?

Nemik
06-12-2004, 04:33 AM
Hello I ahve a question concerning rendering

My computer is not capable of rendering an image any higher than 1024x 768 pixels for this scene and I can't figure out why, Anyway, so I was wondering if it is ok to have the scene rendered on a friends computer? :) :) :)

leigh
06-12-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by duddlebug
Does this post mean that we can actually produce images of a different size to these dimensions. As long as they are high resolution and close to the stated example?

Yup :)

When I log into my machinefleshentry Theres an older, no longer used, emailadress in my profile (whilst I have changed the email in my cgtalk profile) How do I change this?

Email Robert.

Anyway, so I was wondering if it is ok to have the scene rendered on a friends computer?

As long as you submit a rendered image, we don't care where you rendered it!

KurtBoutilier
06-14-2004, 02:07 AM
Question about submitting file name... I'm about to upload my final image. Am I correct in assuming I need to send the zip as the FTP number given in the final upload section once I log in (i.e. 19061_42555.zip.) instead of something like KurtFinalCgTalkImage.zip?

Also does the final image inside the zip need to have my file number too?

Thanks

Kurt

martu
06-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Hi everybody ...

I think, I read the instructions carefully and uploaded my final image today.
Will there be any response to proof a successful transmission ???
After uploading, my zip file disappeared on the server side ... :(

Mibus
06-15-2004, 01:06 AM
Alice: Email me, robert@ballisticmedia.net, with the old and new email addresses. (And your CGTalk username, incase I forget who I'm changing it for ;) ).

Kurt B: Yup. Use the filename you're given or your entry can't be processed by the system.

martu: Yes, it will seem to "disappear". Go back to:
http://cgnetworks.com/challenge/machineflesh/final_image.php

and if the upload worked, you'll see a thumbnail of your image :)

Snotblow
06-15-2004, 01:39 AM
I've uploaded everything except for my Final zipped Tiff file. I'm getting very frustrated 'cause every time I get to the Final Image submission page I can't FTP my file. I've tried typing in ftp://challenge.cgblabal.bla....that doesn't take me anywhere...there's nothing to click to upload...I don't know what to do. I'm running Windows XP and Internet Explorer as my web browser. I just can't get access to your alls FTP site. Please help me get my final 300 dpi file to its destination...thanx

-- Snotblow

Mibus
06-15-2004, 01:51 AM
Snotblow: If you want to use IE instead of a proper FTP client, you'll have to enter the FTP URL (ftp://challenge4:machine2d@whatever it is.com/). You'll get a blank white page - drag your ZIP file onto it, it should start uploading.

If you have trouble using IE, you'll have to use a dedicated FTP client, like WS_FTP or LeechFTP or any number of other clients.

Snotblow
06-15-2004, 04:48 AM
Snotblow: If you want to use IE instead of a proper FTP client, you'll have to enter the FTP URL (ftp://challenge4:machine2d@whatever it is.com/). You'll get a blank white page - drag your ZIP file onto it, it should start uploading.

If you have trouble using IE, you'll have to use a dedicated FTP client, like WS_FTP or LeechFTP or any number of other clients.

Thank you very much...I apologize...I'm not well versed in FTP.:thumbsup:

duddlebug
06-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Erm... daft question... kinda embarrassed asking it... the deadline is midnight on friday, isn't it? Midnight GMT? End of friday 18th? So us europeans technically have all of friday to finsh off? Am i right? Huh? Huh?

(i have been looking for a page i remember reading about deadlines and uploading images, but i can't find it!!?)

And i've noticed that a lot of people are having problems with the FTP... how much time am i likely to need to get the final image uploaded...?

Not that i intend to run it to the wire... honest :)

snarl
06-15-2004, 05:17 PM
Dear Admin ...

how can I be sure that my zip arrived and is ok on your server ?
after the transfer I couldn`t see anything on the server ...

Thanks
Ingo

snarl
06-15-2004, 08:34 PM
sorry ..... I figured out how to verify if my zip arrived ....
it worked fine ...

thanks
Ingo

Mibus
06-16-2004, 12:16 AM
duddlebug: Yeah that's how it should work, I think. Check at the top of this page:

http://cgnetworks.com/challenge/machineflesh/submit_entry.php

There's a countdown timer - currently at just under 3 days. You final WIP must have been accepted by the system by the time that hits 0.

As for FTP, nobody has really had "problems" that I've seen - most people have either wanted confirmation that their image has made it fine (which you can check yourself by refreshing the "Final Image" page after you've uploaded the ZIP).

Allow yourself as long as it will take on your connection to upload it ;) . Like last time, we're going to allow FTP uploads to continue after the WIP submission has stopped ( 'cos we're nice ;) ). It'll probably be 36 hours after the WIP deadline, but that is yet to be decided for certain. I'd suggest that you have enough time for a couple of upload attempts, just in case your upload fails or whatever.

(Anybody that is having any trouble with either WIPs or TIFF uploads should let us know ASAP - don't leave it until the last minute!).

VinceFX
06-16-2004, 10:55 AM
just to be sur:
For the final image, just I select Final image and I put a tif? or I select upload WIP Images than final image milestone? Maybe both? In tif too?
But tif will not display in my post? no? We receive a confirm mail?

thanks:thumbsup: Normally I will post my final image tonight.

eupee
06-16-2004, 01:16 PM
probably a stupid question, but you dont want layers included in the final .TIFF file do you? cos it makes the file HUGE

Tremoside
06-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone,

Just a few questions about voting:

Am i able to vote both 3D\2D categories?

How many votes can I submit?

Thanks for your attention and your amazing job behind the scenes!!!
Cya,
Tremo

VinceFX
06-16-2004, 10:16 PM
hello,
Ive just upload my final image Tiff. When I look at the result, I have a picture in 800/600 instead of my original 1024/768, is it normal?

Thanks

Mibus
06-17-2004, 01:10 AM
VinceFX: You have to post a smaller JPEG version of your final image as a "WIP" (1024x768 or whatever), just as you have for the past WIP milestones. Then you *also* FTP us a copy of the image as a TIFF file. (at print res, which is huge - Leigh has posted the resolution in this thread before, I believe)

Don't forget to name the file properly! If you don't use the right name, it won't be seen by the upload system.

When you check that it uploaded, it will be resized down for the preview page - that is perfectly normal, we don't want to send print-res images back to you over the web!

eupee: No layers :)

Tremoside: Voting hasn't started yet, and (if the last challenge is anything to go by) won't for a week or so after the challenge ends. How we combine the 2D/3D stuff isn't decided yet, but you'll be able to cast as many votes as you like - a vote for an images is a sign that you like the image, not that it is neccessarily "the best" but at least "a very good one".

angel
06-17-2004, 01:32 AM
you know, today I was thinking that there is so much material in this challenge that would make one killer art book! how about it guys?

A machineflesh book would totalty rock!

just an idea.

Mibus
06-17-2004, 01:44 AM
SNoWs: I don't know about a book just on machineflesh, but you can always enter for EXPOSE' 3 later this year ;)

cabertevon
06-17-2004, 03:43 AM
Help

I already accessed my FTP page(to upload my final image)...and it's blank, no button or anything...All white.

Anyone with kind heart can help me?

Thanks in advance.

cabertevon
06-17-2004, 04:20 AM
Good. I found an answer to my question.

Hope these works...

Thanks.:thumbsup:

GoldenGrifon
06-17-2004, 06:20 AM
Good day!

How can I find out is download of final image ZIP successfull?

I try to send a file but not sure I did all right :(

I`ll be pleased if answer will be ASAP: here is not too mush time to challenge end :(

thanking you

GoldenGrifon
06-17-2004, 06:23 AM
O! I see the image. Download is successfull. I hope it mean all atributes of file is correct

Tremoside
06-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Thank you Mibus!!!!

Cartesius
06-17-2004, 10:53 AM
Ooops, it just hit me -- when I uploaded my final hi-rez TIFF to the FTP I just named the zipped archive to the "special" name, not the actual TIFF inside. Would this cause any trouble? The archive got recognized by the system and the image inside is now displayed as final milestone, but what about the namning?

/Anders

Cartesius
06-17-2004, 11:04 AM
Double post...

VinceFX
06-17-2004, 12:14 PM
ok so I think its good:) before I send my tif, I send the jpg (at the same size 1024/768) on the final image upload, than i do the ftp for the tiff. So its normal that after the preview was smaller than my original tif;)
Thanks

adrianis
06-17-2004, 02:46 PM
The clock is ticking and have read just the last three pages of this thread...:cry:

I have one silly question, just to be sure :blush:

"A guideline is 2657 pixels wide and/or 3636 high, 300 DPI.
DO NOT upsample your images to achieve higher resolution. If you cannot reach the desired full-page resolution, just send in what you have."

I'm not good understanding english.. but I understand this:
I'm working on a 2657x3636 image, but "200 dpi" (my computer can't handle more than that :cry: )
So, the rules say "DO NOT upsample", ", just send in what you have", that means I can upload the tiff with 200 dpi???

thanks

snarl
06-17-2004, 03:14 PM
can I update my already send zip tif ?

urgent !:wip:

Thanks
Ingo

VinceFX
06-17-2004, 03:22 PM
oups...me I am only 1024/768 300dpi for my tiff...is it ok? I cant render higher, because my computer crash if its higher..:cry:

snarl
06-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Dear Admin ....

ahh ... I forgot to change something in my tiff which is already uploaded .... is there a way to "update" my zip ? ( overwrite / send it again or whatever ?? )

Ingo

leigh
06-18-2004, 12:25 AM
Ooops, it just hit me -- when I uploaded my final hi-rez TIFF to the FTP I just named the zipped archive to the "special" name, not the actual TIFF inside. Would this cause any trouble? The archive got recognized by the system and the image inside is now displayed as final milestone, but what about the namning?

Contact Robert or reupload the file.

ok so I think its good before I send my tif, I send the jpg (at the same size 1024/768) on the final image upload, than i do the ftp for the tiff. So its normal that after the preview was smaller than my original tif
Thanks

Err yes, that's because thumbnails are always small ;)

I'm not good understanding english.. but I understand this:
I'm working on a 2657x3636 image, but "200 dpi" (my computer can't handle more than that )
So, the rules say "DO NOT upsample", ", just send in what you have", that means I can upload the tiff with 200 dpi???

Yes, as the rules say just send in what you have.

oups...me I am only 1024/768 300dpi for my tiff...is it ok? I cant render higher, because my computer crash if its higher

That is fine. The higher res renders are because renders are always at 72dpi so you have to render large resolutions to get the higher dpi. If you image is already 300dpi at that res, then that is fine.

Dear Admin ....

ahh ... I forgot to change something in my tiff which is already uploaded .... is there a way to "update" my zip ? ( overwrite / send it again or whatever ?? )

Ingo

Yes you can reupload it.

leigh
06-18-2004, 12:51 AM
Hey guys, please note that we are keeping the FTP open over the weekend so that people can continue uploading their final high res TIFF files. The regular uploader for milestones will close as scheduled, but we are giving extra time for those big uploads.

Ionized
06-18-2004, 06:53 AM
Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting to the FTP site. I'm using FTP explorer but have also tried cute FTP and had a similar result

Here are my settings. Am I doing anything wrong?

http://www.ionization.net/ftp_prob

I'm also getting these errors on my final image page??? Anyone know what this jargon means?

Warning: file_get_contents(): php_hostconnect: connect failed in /home/httpd/vhosts/cgnetworks.com/httpdocs/challenge/machineflesh/final_image.php on line 5

Warning: file_get_contents(http://server5.cgnetworks.com/challenge/get_info.php?cid=5&file=27949_42723.zip): failed to open stream: Connection timed out in /home/httpd/vhosts/cgnetworks.com/httpdocs/challenge/machineflesh/final_image.php on line 5

I would grateful for any help =)

Thanks

Mibus
06-18-2004, 07:09 AM
FTP uploads were off for maintenance.

They're back up now, try again :)

Cartesius
06-18-2004, 04:46 PM
Contact Robert or reupload the file.

Since I'm a nervous guy I've reuploaded the file and contacted Robert :)

Thanks!

/Anders

Versiden
06-18-2004, 07:21 PM
hi

dunno if this question has been asked:

are we allowed to sign or put logo's in our final image..

thx

Kanga
06-18-2004, 10:38 PM
Hello!

Just uploaded my image, appears to have gone fine.
When I visit the final image section on the Machine flesh site I get a message that I still have to submit and see no thumbnail. Is there a time lag for conformation?

Thanx in advance

Greetings Kanga

Kanga
06-19-2004, 12:50 AM
So!

Read all the posts on confirmation:)
Loaded twice now, the last file should replace the first.
Did it hours ago still no confirm on the site final image section. I saw in my WS_pro that you made the server blind so nobody can haul stuff off which is logical, however you asked us to inform as soon as possible and it would be nice to know if the last part worked.

Again thanx in advance
Kanga

Kanga
06-19-2004, 01:59 AM
Damn!

I think I know what went wrong!
I completed and posted all the milestones up to and including rendering, I was so concerned about the FTP proceedure that I uploaded the zip with the code name as a last action.

Hope I am wrong but it seems you had to post a final TWICE!
Once in the wip section, then as a high res zip in the final section. I put heaps of work into this one and finnished 5 hours before the deadline. It would however explain why no cofirmation.

Should I post the moderator on this?
Greetings Kanga

Leonard
06-20-2004, 12:10 AM
Guys, please don't panic.

As long as you completed the web-phase of the contest and got your low-res entries onto the system before the deadline, you're clear. FTP is the final part and we're flexible about it.

We've extended the final FTP deadline due to the problems that people have been having uploading their entry. The high majority of these problems are because people didn't read the instructions, or English is their second language and they didn't understand the instructions clearly enough, or some people simply have never used an FTP client before.

So, final FTP entries are extended until midnight the night of Thursday 24 June (0000hrs Friday).

Notes.

1. This only applies to contestants who completed the Challenge and are now to upload their final high resolution entries via FTP.

2. Some common problems that people have had:

- I've completed uploading my entry but I can't see it!?
The Challenge FTP is a blind FTP so you need to upload it first, then one of our staff will manually check through to make sure there are no errors. This can only happen on a weekday. If you submit over a weekend, staff will check it on Monday.

- How do I know if I submitted correctly?
On a working-daily basis, our staff will check the FTP site and send out confirmation mails. We will also do a tally where people who have completed the challenge but have not uploaded their final entry via FTP yet will be contacted.

If there are any further questions regarding FTP'ing the final entry, please contact Robert Mibus: robert@ballisticmedia.net as he will be doing the final entry checks. I'll do my best to answer any questions in the meantime, but please also realize that it's the weekend and many people have been getting panicky when not being responded to.

L.

dunkel
06-20-2004, 04:09 AM
extra time means extra time to add some details to the final image?, or the final image submited by FTP have to be exactly the same final image submited before the deadline? :shrug:

Leonard
06-20-2004, 04:40 AM
extra time means extra time to add some details to the final image?, or the final image submited by FTP have to be exactly the same final image submited before the deadline? :shrug:
If you need to tweak the final image slightly to make it look better at high res, then do it. However, if you miss this deadline, that's it. we cannot accept late entries beyond this. We've already extended the deadline and gave everyone three months to prepare.

L.

Deadlyforce
06-20-2004, 10:10 AM
Dear admin,

My question is coming along with Versiden's one :

Is it absolutely necessary to sign (and eventually put a logo) in the TIFF picture ?

I didn't do it because it seemed useless to me.
It seems that everyone has already been given a personal number...
Am I correct ?

Leonard
06-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Is it absolutely necessary to sign (and eventually put a logo) in the TIFF picture ?

It seems that everyone has already been given a personal number...
Am I correct ?
No it is not necessary to sign the TIFF image.

A personal number? Do you mean a unique filename? Then yes. You need to use the filename given to you in the final upload.

Leo

GoldenGrifon
06-20-2004, 06:58 PM
I see the rating stars in forum near few works. Has the voting starting already? Where can I put the vote?

Leonard
06-20-2004, 11:07 PM
I see the rating stars in forum near few works. Has the voting starting already? Where can I put the vote?
I believe this is due to invalid permission settings in the upgrade from VB2 to VB3. Official voting has not begun. The thread ratings will not be considered when doing the final judging. But if you want to go add a star rating, go ahead. You can use the Rate Thread drop down to the top right of the thread.

Leo

Tremoside
06-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Dear Admin,

Please let me know, when will the voting starts? After the FTP deadline?
Am just curious because of my holiday plans and I don't want to miss the voting section.

Have a nice day,
Mark

martu
06-21-2004, 12:35 AM
Hi folks,

correcting the deadline to some later time - for me - is not correct.
Deadline and file transfer had been part of the challenge - including full res rendering and composition.
It's absolutely unfair to those early transmitters - that tried to be aware of the last minute rush. How much more could these guys have been done???

Will there be anybody comparing the final WIP submission to the final FTP upload?
Could anyone be sure, that those final WIP images are a downsampled version of the final compositing ...?

Cheers
Martin

mosconariz
06-21-2004, 02:28 AM
Yeah man! I'm with you... It's not fair... But, people know almost every polygon of our 3D models, so you can't change anything, all you can do is improve the use of the same elements; elements created before June 18th deadline... maybe a little color correction. For me the challenge is about the 3D, the 3D is done, the rest is just a little "touch".

rept0r
06-21-2004, 04:03 AM
I have to agree :| if i knew it before i could have render a low res version for a day before the comp finishes and the high res later but i lost that time rendering a highres for finish until the time if knew it before ... :| but thats ok is just sad that it was really unfair with some artists :|.

Ravendsg
06-21-2004, 06:27 AM
If you need to tweak the final image slightly to make it look better at high res, then do it. However, if you miss this deadline, that's it. we cannot accept late entries beyond this. We've already extended the deadline and gave everyone three months to prepare.

L.
Hiya, does this mean that the composition and stuffs can be different? Sorry but i just wanted to make sure before i do anything stupid...:)

martu
06-21-2004, 07:33 AM
That's the point reptOr!

Rendertime was part of the planing.
To get the upload done was to be calculated as well - I planed 4 days safty for this to be done, because of possible technical issues and slow connection.
There are some important improofments, that I could/would have done to my scene, if I wouldn't have taken care for the uploadtime.

Ravendsg
06-21-2004, 07:49 AM
Guess it won't be fair to the others who missed the deadline due to rendering if i changed the final composition. So i guess i won't change much. Juz add a logo i guess. Cheers :beer:

Leonard
06-21-2004, 07:59 AM
Hi all,

Hiya, does this mean that the composition and stuffs can be different? Sorry but i just wanted to make sure before i do anything stupid...:)
No you cannot change the composition. You can tweak the image slightly. For example, if you render at high res and find that your textures are not holding up or your models have polygons visible, you should go back and rectify these. However, the overall compositions should not be modified. We gave everyone ample time (3 months) to work on this already.

Please let me know, when will the voting starts? After the FTP deadline? Am just curious because of my holiday plans and I don't want to miss the voting section.
The public voting can only start over a week after the FTP deadline as we have to download and collate all the entries. This takes time and human resources. You can safely expect the public voting to only begin on or after the week of 5th July.

Leo

Skywatcher
06-21-2004, 09:57 AM
HI,

I'm with you guys...

As Martu said:

" Will there be anybody comparing the final WIP submission to the final FTP upload? Could anyone be sure, that those final WIP images are a downsampled version of the final compositing ...? ".

I can understand that there could be problems with the uploading and that there's given more time for that. But that's technical....NO PROBLEMO..

But taking this extra days for adding stuff is not fair I would think.. to everybody who did all in time...

Anyway, good luck to all and think positive...!!!http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

My challenge http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=146551

snarl
06-21-2004, 11:27 AM
dito ....

I see it very unfair for those which thought that they will not be able
to render the highres pic in time and they gave up their Project ...
I know of two which have been almost ready but their problem was to
optimize their scene for the big render in time so they gave it all up...

I had really a lot of problems with the size ... I made it at the end because
I thought of it from the beginning but anyway .... its unfair to give more time
for adjustments in the final zip even I could have spend more time refining then worrying about the final highres render .... ( this is all well documented
in my thread ... )

Greetings
Ingo

duddlebug
06-21-2004, 01:08 PM
Just a quickie...

If we can see a thumbnail of the final image on the 'submit final image' page, does that mean we've successfully uploadaed our image to the ftp...?

Thanks...

Jonny:D

Dutchman
06-21-2004, 01:09 PM
So if I understand it right, it will not get better if I upload my final on FTP (I've not been able to upload the last 2 wip images... :sad: )?

Is there otherwise no ability to re-open the 'upload WIP images' section (; maybe for just an houre?)?

You all great ( :thumbsup: ) staff would really pleasure allot people, because in allot threads there are people who have not been able to upload all WIP's...

Tnx for your time... :bounce:

VinceFX
06-21-2004, 01:22 PM
me i cant do bigger render...my computer was not strong enought...and now Im in vacation so I cant even try to optimize my scene:sad:

Newke
06-21-2004, 02:45 PM
Hello,

I've just see that i have submitted all the WIP step, but not the final colouring one :sad: . I don't see it in my entries, so i think i've forgotten to submit this WIP step.
Can i repair this error, because i have submit all the other steps and the High res image...

Please, can i send this step by any other way?

Newke.

EDIT : OOPS, i'm sorry, i've posted the final coloring wip, but this is an error, i've posted an early coloring wip instead of the final image. SOrry. That's OK :)

mosconariz
06-21-2004, 03:27 PM
Well, I'm a living documented proof of what you're talking about, and I concerned... I post a Final Image, and I made color corrections and some little "photoshoping" to fit my flovour... Since I did that, my rating vote felt from the 11th to the 25 and almost no one have posted replies. I want to know if what I did is "legal". Please some moderator or CGTalk people could give us feedback about all this.:shrug:

snarl
06-21-2004, 04:20 PM
Dear Admin ...

please deactivate the Star rating system in this forum !

It`s just confusing the people regarding the voting and it might
even manipulate opinions ....

I would even suggest that the voting results are just shown at
the end of the voting for the same above mentioned reasons ...

Greetings
Ingo

martu
06-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Yeah ...

statement of a moderator ... or better one of the organizers ... would be nice to be read ...

Nishka
06-21-2004, 05:08 PM
I want to ask how may I vote? I don't see any link to do that operation. and, how many time I have to do it?Nishka

mosconariz
06-21-2004, 09:29 PM
:rolleyes: No answers... Well... This is so strange... I consider myself a little bit purist in this matters of 3D... I don't like compositing and retouching and "post" stuff... but CG Talk admits it... With it, sometimes is difficult to distinguish the 3D from the "photoshoping"... Now that it is admitted, artists like us are watching one and a thousand times their work to find mistakes... I think it's worse to use this time to rectify those mystakes than to change the colors like I did... However, lets have some fun and talk about weather till a moderator replies this...

Tremoside
06-21-2004, 09:50 PM
For first: Thank you Leonard!

Second: I agree with Snarl. Maybe hidden rates and averages should work better for final voting....

Thanks again and have a nice day,
Mark

leigh
06-21-2004, 10:10 PM
Hi folks,

correcting the deadline to some later time - for me - is not correct.
The FTP deadline was extended because many of our users (even myself!) have slow internet connections. Because of this, we allowed for an small extension solely for uploading the high resolution renders.

The milestones uploading was shut down on the deadline, and we will be checking to ensure that everyones high resolution images match their regular final image milestones. The final image must simply be a larger resolution, higher quality render - no additional post production should be done on the high resolution one that was not done to the lower resolution one.

VinceFX
06-21-2004, 10:28 PM
me Im not sur to understand those stars...If I have two stars, that mean everybodies put me "bad"
Or is it with the total of vote? can we know how many "bad" or "average" or else we have?

Me too I think its would be better to hide the vote. But except for our own machineflesh...is it possible?:)

Leonard
06-21-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi all,

Thread ratings are off
I've turned off Thread Ratings in the forum. The reason why it was on is because the forums were imported from VBulletin 2 during the upgrade and the permissions had the thread ratings turned on inadvertantly.

Late entries
We had a vote by the mods and 2/3'rds majority voted against all late entries.

- Ample time and notice was given to all challengers (three months)
- Challengers were emailed to remind them of the deadline
- There was a Countdown timer on the website telling how many days, hours, minutes, seconds to the deadline
- There was a checklist when you uploaded your material that told you which WIP's you were still missing
- The GMT timezone was very clear in times stated

In our stats, we found that the vast majority of people that uploaded final images had complied with all the rules and had submitted all WIP milestones as instructed. Only a handful did not submit their WIP's and there is a checklist in the submissions process that tells you clearly what you did and did not submit. As we gave everyone lot's of notice, and as the prizes for the challenge are so substantial, we cannot accept any late WIP milestones or entries.

We did, however, extend the FTP final uploads so that people having trouble FTP'ing their works can do so. Judging will only consider completed entries that have all WIP's and final image.

Comments that were out of line
I also want to note that the entry system is automated. It closed at exactly midnight on 18th June. None of the moderators or admins personally rejected any works. I don't appreciate some of the comments in various threads hinting that we personally rejected them, calling us "criminal" or such - this is out of line. The rules were stated clearly, we gave everyone three months to do this challenge, with ample email notices, countdown timers, checklists and such. Many challengers completed in full, on time. A handful did not. It's unfortunate, and some great works will not be considered. Due to the prizes, and the vast majority of people who did manage to get everything in on time, we cannot allow for late entries.

Leo

Leonard
06-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Hi,

1. We extended the FTP deadline because people were having connectivity and technical issues with the server. This gives ample time for people to go to different places - friend's houses, etc. to have the final image uploaded correctly.

2. Yes, we will be checking for consistency. We are only allowing for tweaks and touch-ups such as adding increasing subdivisions on meshes, higher resolution textures, etc.

3. We're not accepting any late entries - ANY late entries.

4. We've been VERY fair in our rules, regulations and upholding them. I don't appreciate the complaints or the accusations.

Leo

Sandpiper
06-22-2004, 12:16 AM
Thank you. I feel MUCH better now. The star rating thing was a very scary moment to witness. I knew crazy stuff would stir up with that. I think the deadline resolution is also very fair because everyone who got theirs turned in on time made sure they planned their submissions intelligently.

Should be a great competition in the end.....thanks go to the mods for putting in the time to figure out what's fair and what's not.......

choptider
06-22-2004, 01:47 AM
i have one tiny question!!!
why didn't you send a mail to confirm to people that we have done all clear?
i meen that we have given the final image, and it is ok for us....
i am a bit scare to have give everything.

Leonard
06-22-2004, 01:52 AM
i have one tiny question!!!
why didn't you send a mail to confirm to people that we have done all clear?
i meen that we have given the final image, and it is ok for us....
i am a bit scare to have give everything.
I already addressed this issue above.

1. There is a checklist on the system when you login, that tells you if you've successfully submitted everything.

2. We are emailing people to confirm that their final FTP entries are in. We only started this yesterday because it's a working weekday (the challenge finished near a weekend for Australia).

Leo

airworks
06-22-2004, 02:48 AM
Hmmm, i almost think that you should be real careful as posting entries as of yet on the main CG Talk page, since it could sway voting or give false premise to entrants and people.

Leonard
06-22-2004, 03:22 AM
Hmmm, i almost think that you should be real careful as posting entries as of yet on the main CG Talk page, since it could sway voting or give false premise to entrants and people.

We didn't post entries on the front page of CGTalk. The Legionary by Fausto DeMartini missed the deadline and will not be considered in the final judging. It's a fantastic image, and everyone loves it. But we have to stick to the rules as we gave everyone ample time and notice.

Leo

yeoj3d
06-22-2004, 11:22 AM
I do agree about sticking to the rules, but geez Fausto's entry would have probably won first place. Sadly whatever wins this contest now will be considered second behind fausto's image in the minds of many people. Even his w.i.p. images were better than most of the final entries.

snarl
06-22-2004, 01:23 PM
To be honest ....

He was late ... and that he was just 10 minutes late..
if only he would have said .. "ahhh I missed the deadline" ..but that he had
to mention "just by ten minutes" lets me think what "t.. f..." was so important
to do in the last ten minutes not to send his image ?!@ ... he can`t send his
image ten minutes earlier .... ???? it would have been still the winner imho.
Its his own really fault .... if there is not another reason which I don`t
know about ....

there was even one
who had a superb model and because he could`nt start texturing ( maybe there was no UV map .. ;) )
he took just just one "steel/ chrome" texture and he made another render with an "ehm.. flesh like " texture and photoshopped them together not
bothering about accuracy at all ....but .... he made it until the deadline even
with a crappy texture .. still better than a lot of the finished entries imho.

I asked Fausto what was so important but he didn`t answer ... maybe
he didn`t see my message ....

ingo

chrislomaka
06-22-2004, 01:37 PM
phew, 21 pages of post is a lot to read through!

I know similar questions have been asked, and it seems like the faq is fairly difinitive on this, but bear with me as i ask, and forgive me if the answer obvious and i need to simply stop fussing over it.

size guidline:
i know you say to submit what you got, no matter the size, but i'm worried mine may be too small (640x480). i would rather people not have to squint to see details, but you say to not resample...

would i be encouraged to resize, or have i simply shot myself in the foot right at the start of this race?

Sandpiper
06-22-2004, 01:37 PM
I'll agree with snarl on this one.....

It's pretty punkish to think that everyone thinks that Fausto's entry would have won this competition hands down, like it's some unanynomous decision and agreement amongst all of us here. There are some really great entries that I think we all know about that definitely would have contended with the The Great de Martini's should-have-been entry.

Believe me, I was just as sad to see his entry not make the deadline as anyone, but he did start REALLY late in the contest and didn't start texturing till 1 or 2 days before the end of the contest (he mentioned he did the textures in 10 hours!).....

With that said, I respect and deeply admire his work and efforts and encourage him to finish his piece as a great work for the digital art books that come around once or twice a year.

I'm sure the mods are getting annoyed with the "Fausto Conspiracy".....I also think Fausto has been very cool about the whole thing. :applause:

Leonard
06-22-2004, 02:23 PM
phew, 21 pages of post is a lot to read through!

I know similar questions have been asked, and it seems like the faq is fairly difinitive on this, but bear with me as i ask, and forgive me if the answer obvious and i need to simply stop fussing over it.

size guidline:
i know you say to submit what you got, no matter the size, but i'm worried mine may be too small (640x480). i would rather people not have to squint to see details, but you say to not resample...

would i be encouraged to resize, or have i simply shot myself in the foot right at the start of this race?
We're judging on the final image submitted by FTP - this is the high resolution TIFF. The rest are milestones for the Web and 640 is fine.

Leo

snarl
06-22-2004, 02:33 PM
Dear Leonard
I noticed that you removed something :)
sorry ! .... I did`nt mean him ... I meant the fault ....
english is not my native language and in German it would have been
understood ....

sorry again
and thanks for removing it ...

Ingo

Leonard
06-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Dear Leonard
I noticed that you removed something :)
sorry ! .... I did`nt mean him ... I meant the fault ....
english is not my native language and in German it would have been
understood ....

sorry again
and thanks for removing it ...

Ingo
No probs. I know what you meant....it just could have been taken the wrong way and caused you some trouble.

Take it easy. :thumbsup:

Leo

DimitrisLiatsos
06-22-2004, 04:16 PM
I don't know if can get in this conversation...but ....everybody relax ...we are all here to have fun and be better to what we do...make new friends ...and have fun ( i mentioned that , didn't i?..lol)....just my 2 cents.

snarl
06-22-2004, 04:54 PM
yes yes .... I am just sad that he missed the finish line ...

no comments anymore from my side ...

Ingo

airworks
06-22-2004, 06:32 PM
ohhh, darnit, i thought he did make it.... :hmm: we ll that sucks, its a great model, but yes, i feel its a tad undertextured(ran out of time....), but darn, he didnt make it....that sucks, well sorry for the confusion.

Kylebrn
06-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Yah right Snarl and Airworks you guys are just so very sad over this.:rolleyes:
Sandpiper:I agree,well said.:thumbsup:
Snarl get off of the whole harnelbe texture thing too,it's way too obvious where you are coming from!LOL you are quite transparent.:rolleyes:

mosconariz
06-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Dear Leonard,

Thanks a lot for the help here, you're a great person and CGTalk is just too cool to use the correct words to describe it.

Another question... Yeah, about the same subject :rolleyes:

I've submited a image in zip format and everything ok, but as I said before is not exactly the same as my final WIP image... I read: Minor tweaking of your final image is allowed, but nothing major. Only tweaks necessary to display at a higher resolution will be allowed, anything else will probably disqualify you.
But I checked out my mail today and:
Dear Entrant,

Your Machineflesh entry (______.zip) has been
successfully uploaded and
processed.

I was thinking in replacing my uploaded zip, but after reading this mail I don't know if my final image has been accepted and I can't be disqualified or not.

And, Thanks to the system for that birthday congratulation :beer: :D

snarl
06-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Yah right Snarl and Airworks you guys are just so very sad over this.:rolleyes:
Sandpiper:I agree,well said.:thumbsup:
Snarl get off of the whole harnelbe texture thing too,it's way too obvious where you are coming from!LOL you are quite transparent.:rolleyes:
Its so obvious ? :) ... why ? ( please answer to me in my thread ... its the wrong place here to go on ...... ) you`re invited :) or you can find me in MSN
Messenger as poweranimator@hotmail.com .

Greetings
Ingo

essencedesign
06-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Dear Admin.

I am about to post My Final TIFF....I's it accepteble to change to background color from white to black in the image...I don't want to add a different layer...just change the coloring ....the white is so harsh when the image is sized up to higher res and makes it impossible to see the image properly....would that fall under the same categorie as "higher res texures or models ????" both those options are to make the image look better at larger size...changing the background color (not adding a whole new layer or anything) be OK...please let me know....

ThankxZ
Jer

Leonard
06-23-2004, 12:56 AM
Dear Leonard,

Thanks a lot for the help here, you're a great person and CGTalk is just too cool to use the correct words to describe it.

Another question... Yeah, about the same subject :rolleyes:

I've submited a image in zip format and everything ok, but as I said before is not exactly the same as my final WIP image... I read:
But I checked out my mail today and:

I was thinking in replacing my uploaded zip, but after reading this mail I don't know if my final image has been accepted and I can't be disqualified or not.

And, Thanks to the system for that birthday congratulation :beer: :D
Can you show me your WIP and your final TIFF image? I want to see how different they are. I don't have access to the TIFF as the email was an automated response from the server.

As we said in the FTP upload guidelines, the image has to be the same. If we sample down the TIFF to the same size as the JPG uploaded via the web system, it should look identical. You're only allowed to do minor tweaks such as touching up textures for high resolution increasing subdivisions on meshes, etc.

Leo

Leonard
06-23-2004, 01:02 AM
Dear Admin.

I am about to post My Final TIFF....I's it accepteble to change to background color from white to black in the image...I don't want to add a different layer...just change the coloring ....the white is so harsh when the image is sized up to higher res and makes it impossible to see the image properly....would that fall under the same categorie as "higher res texures or models ????" both those options are to make the image look better at larger size...changing the background color (not adding a whole new layer or anything) be OK...please let me know....

ThankxZ
Jer
No you cannot change color. As mentioned, the final TIF should be identical to the JPG web upload when compared. What you can tweak is restricted to tweaking stuff that looks bad at high resolution - eg. texture resolution/details and mesh subdivisions, fixes.

---

We ask for a print resolution TIF because we want people to start thinking of high resolution output when creating their works. We see so much good stuff submitted for EXPOSE' that looks CRAP at print resolution - it's appalling! We want to push artists to produce work for print output, and think about the issues associated with it - this makes you a better and more marketable artist as your works will be print ready at any time.

Best,

Leo

essencedesign
06-23-2004, 01:12 AM
Admin.

Thanks for the quick response, I respect and understand these rules and thank you for the explination...

~J

the DevistatoR))

http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/machineflesh/view_entries.php?challenger=2989

mosconariz
06-23-2004, 01:21 AM
Leo,

My Final WIP: http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/2494/2494_1087602542_large.jpg

My Final uploaded for print:
http://moscoanimaciones.50megs.com/wallpaper.jpg

I'm anticipating your answer... Yeah! There are TOO different :rolleyes:.

Leonard
06-23-2004, 01:42 AM
Leo,

My Final WIP: http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/5/2494/2494_1087602542_large.jpg

My Final uploaded for print:
http://moscoanimaciones.50megs.com/wallpaper.jpg

I'm anticipating your answer... Yeah! There are TOO different :rolleyes:.
Hey that's a bit too different. You'll need to re upload - use the same filename and upload to overwrite the previous file. To confirm, please email robert@ballisticmedia.net - Rob will check it and make sure that it's ok.

Best,

Leo

adrianis
06-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Leonard
2. We are emailing people to confirm that their final FTP entries are in...

Maybe this is a silly question, I apologize first...:blush:
In this moment it's June 23.. and I haven't received that email..
But in the Submit Final Entry there is a little pic of my tiff...
So, shall I not be worried about the email?

Leonard
06-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Maybe this is a silly question, I apologize first...:blush:
In this moment it's June 23.. and I haven't received that email..
But in the Submit Final Entry there is a little pic of my tiff...
So, shall I not be worried about the email?
I think it should be fine. But it you want to double check, please contact Robert Mibus, our Technical Officer who is in charge of the Machineflesh Challenge entries. You can email him at robert@ballisticmedia.net

Thanks

Leo

essencedesign
06-24-2004, 08:45 PM
Just tryed uploading my TIFF, everything seemed fine with the transfer but I'm not seeing the small thumbnail I've heard you are suposed to see?

Should I Upload again?

Leonard
06-24-2004, 11:27 PM
Just tryed uploading my TIFF, everything seemed fine with the transfer but I'm not seeing the small thumbnail I've heard you are suposed to see?

Should I Upload again?
As per previous post:

If you want to double check, please contact Robert Mibus, our Technical Officer who is in charge of the Machineflesh Challenge entries. You can email him at robert@ballisticmedia.net

Versiden
07-05-2004, 11:05 AM
has the voting started? I'm sure every1 is anxious for the announcement ;p

Pufferfish
07-05-2004, 11:17 AM
There will be an announcement when it has started.

Pyke
07-05-2004, 11:28 AM
Kindof a 'Itll Be Finished When Its Done' thing? :)

JamesMK
07-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Kindof a 'Itll Be Finished When Its Done' thing? :)
Yes! Let the pre-voting anticipation begin! :D

Later on we'll do the "where's the final results?" thing too! :bounce:

Kylebrn
07-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Speaking of voting I think that there should be a visible vote.Perhaps people interested in voting should write 10,15 or 20 of there top picks not in any praticular order,all in a vote thread,where everyone can see.This way all that should get to the final jury will get there.Otherwise some of the main contenders might get ignored by many due to competition purposes,that would be a shame,but could very well happen in such a case as this.Some of the best just may not get in the top 50% of the vote.
By the way who are the judges,I know a select group,that's fine,but exactly who are they?Why cant it be known who they are. I mean in boxing matches we all know the three judges,in the Olympics they are shown and known,in beauty contests as well.I think it would be only fair to know who exactly is deciding on three months worth of work.Just one guys thoughts,not trying to step on any "Royal toes" or anything.:)

mosconariz
07-06-2004, 01:15 AM
:banghead: voting:banghead: voting:banghead: voting:banghead: voting :banghead:

Skywatcher
07-06-2004, 11:58 AM
No voting yet?http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon9.gif Waiting....waiting................!!!

Yann1ck
07-07-2004, 01:36 AM
We can now vote!!!

Good luck everyone!

KurtBoutilier
07-07-2004, 01:39 AM
Yes good luck everyone... Really nice work to vote on...

leigh
07-07-2004, 01:40 AM
Voting has started, guys.

The internal jury that will be judging after the public have voted is simply a jury made of 6 professional artists and 6 representatives from each sponsor.

Yann1ck
07-07-2004, 01:42 AM
How does the vote works?
Can we have more details?
Are there limitations? (number of votes per person, per works...)

Thanks

adrianis
07-07-2004, 01:54 AM
How does the vote works?
Can we have more details?
Are there limitations? (number of votes per person, per works...)

Thanks

http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/machineflesh/entries.php
it says : Voting is for CGTalk members only. One vote per image :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

VinceFX
07-07-2004, 11:15 AM
where are the bouton for voting?

JamesMK
07-07-2004, 11:44 AM
where are the bouton for voting?
Click the thumbnail to view the larger image, and you will find a vote button in the lower right corner beneath the image.

celmar
07-07-2004, 11:46 AM
help! my enrty, as 2d challenger, under the name of celmar, has been changed for a detail of the picture, which is noithing else than a close up of parts pf the finishing work! anyway to change that?... thank you for help... Celmar

Skywatcher
07-07-2004, 03:14 PM
I know voting has just started but does anyone have a clue on how long it will/may take ? Just curious about it...

btw good luck to all !!!!!!http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

BloodTaster
07-07-2004, 04:46 PM
sorry guys, i'm participating on 2d challenge, but can't see ...how can i vote?
someone could explain me:banghead:

thanks

adrianis
07-07-2004, 04:52 PM
sorry guys, i'm participating on 2d challenge, but can't see ...how can i vote?
someone could explain me:banghead:

thanks

go here:
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/machineflesh/entries.php
It seems you can vote in the 2d/3d sections..

then.... :
Click the thumbnail to view the larger image, and you will find a vote button in the lower right corner beneath the image.

near the button it says: Voting is for CGTalk members only. One vote per image

good luck!

Karlapet
07-07-2004, 07:06 PM
Would it be possible to see what top 20 are,maybe to be fair show them in random order.Add a sort button for top 20 or something,that would be great.
I think I read that vote from people will be for next two weeks,and then turned to private jury for your question adrixwha.:cool:

techart
07-08-2004, 12:13 PM
I don't know if it helps...to show a top20...I think some details about the voting will help...not how you should press a button that saying vote! but how many challengers will go ahead,how much from the final note will be taken by concept or how much from the wips...stuff like that....didn't see any threed about the voting(official I mean)

good luck to everyone...great work...allready voted

Pufferfish
07-09-2004, 09:14 AM
....didn't see any threed about the voting(official I mean)

How can anyone miss the PLUG on front page?
Checking NEWS forum sometimes may help also.

-PFish

techart
07-09-2004, 10:42 AM
I refer at a threed in the forum my friend.....most of us check just the threeds..because of the little time....I personaly have only few minutes at the day too check the news.....my job is killing me...so..a notice will always help :deal:

Mibus
07-14-2004, 12:07 AM
Would it be possible to see what top 20 are,maybe to be fair show them in random order.Add a sort button for top 20 or something,that would be great.
We're not going to let people directly see the results of the public voting... we tried that before (with the last Challenge) and it didn't work so well at the time. (People were concerned that others might just look at the top few, vote for the ones there that they liked, and leave it at that).

Much like the last challenge though, after the private jury voting we'll show everyone the winners, as well as a smallish shortlist.

Vote vote vote! Voting will close sometime next Monday (Australian CST time).

3D-Cloud
07-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Hi there i just went to the voting page where u can see all the final images and i saw that my final image is not the image i put on your in Tff format ftp ... the final image i did is there but only once u click on my thread its the second last one.
I was wondering if that could be the image on display rather then the last the one that is there now as it has toatlly different camera angle and lighting.

Sorry for the screw up.

cloud

Mibus
07-20-2004, 01:33 AM
3D-Cloud: Oh dear.

For voting images, we just used the most recent "Final Image" milestone posted. Since voting has just closed, I'm afraid there isn't much point switching the images around now :sad:

If your image makes the shortlist (that is being sent to the judges soonish) then I'll swap the images around... else there doesn't seem to be much reason.

FWIW I actually prefer the one that did end up being displayed anyway! :)

Good luck all;

Yann1ck
07-20-2004, 02:20 AM
So now that the voting are closed, when are getting the results of the first round???
The wait is killing me!

Thanks

Mirage

Mibus
07-20-2004, 02:23 AM
Heh, you won't :curious:

What's going to happen is that we're going to take the top publicly-voted images, hand them over to a private jury, and have them pick the winners.

Once that's done (should start this week, no idea how long it'll last) we'll come up with the winners and a short-list and stuff, and let eeeeeverybody know :)

Yann1ck
07-20-2004, 02:26 AM
So that's at least another week to wait... you're killing me!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Mirage

nsnaveen
07-20-2004, 04:16 AM
Oh! my god this waiting is killing me too.
who will be the winner i want the winner to be my guy whome i voted.

Tremoside
07-20-2004, 07:29 AM
Oh yes, this long time spent with waiting is makes lot of people softly nervous...although am absolutely sure the invisible voting and the serious judgin period are honest and reliable instruments of the fair play.

Mibus
07-20-2004, 07:33 AM
Oh yes, this long time spent with waiting is makes lot of people softly nervous...although am absolutely sure the invisible voting and the serious judgin period are honest and reliable instruments of the fair play.
We tried doing visible public voting with the last challenge... it didn't really work, alot of people were unhappy (since many people would potentially just vote for the top few images, some artists were worried about skewed results).

The private jury voting should start within the next day, I've prepared a copy of the shortlist s and Leigh is arranging all of the judges. Once final judging is done you just have to wait for us to whip up some announcements :)

I know it sucks waiting, but you shouldn't have toooo much longer to wait!

Kylebrn
07-20-2004, 08:43 AM
Mibus: Hi :wavey:

Will you guys be sending out private E-mails to the top 40 or so shortlisted people?

Also besides the top 4 spots for each category will you also be mentioning the next 10 or so besides the 4 winners, in other words an Honorable mention list? I think that would be great and fair to many,due to the fact that there are about 15 or so really special entries.
Thanks for your time and answer ahead of time.:) :)

Mibus
07-21-2004, 12:59 AM
Will you guys be sending out private E-mails to the top 40 or so shortlisted people?
I wouldn't expect so...

Also besides the top 4 spots for each category will you also be mentioning the next 10 or so besides the 4 winners, in other words an Honorable mention list? I think that would be great and fair to many,due to the fact that there are about 15 or so really special entries.
Yup, we'll be showing a selection of honourable mentions along with the final winners.

This is what we did for the last challenge:
http://cgnetworks.com/alienware/

It'll be somewhat similar to that, I'd imagine :)

Squibbit
07-26-2004, 09:11 AM
ok . ... we allowed to get worried about nothing yet happening ?

cause i'd really like to :)

Skywatcher
07-26-2004, 09:45 AM
:scream: Anybody home ???!!!!!!!!

techart
07-26-2004, 01:23 PM
maaaaaaaaaaaaaan...that's a long waiting...... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ilasolomon
07-26-2004, 09:36 PM
I think cgnetworks should do some thing about the process! ;- ) why? because:

Challenge ended on june 18, now is july 27, almost 40 days passed and probably it will go for 2 months, add this to challenge time itself and you got 5 months. I think we will have only TWO challenges every year! I know that is time consuming, but one in every 6 months...!? oh man! no. ;-) atleast one in every season.

mosconariz
07-26-2004, 10:01 PM
I prefer slow than unfair or unaccurate results.

mikepolizos
07-27-2004, 04:00 AM
<<ila_solomon>>
Man I hope you are wrong :sad: :sad:
BTW you don't have to worry either way :) :p

MrFreeman
07-27-2004, 07:19 AM
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh the suspense is killing me......

Still must be patient as I'm sure judging the shortlisted entries is not an easy job...there was some great work in both 2D and 3D competitions....good luck everyone and lets hope we see the results soon :bounce: :bounce: :)

mikedisa
07-28-2004, 01:54 PM
Waiting is surely killing.

Hope we atleast know the shortlisted entries which have been forwarded for judging.

All the best for the final countdown.

Mike

Leonard
07-28-2004, 02:10 PM
Hi everyone,

I understand that everyone is anxious for the results.

I don't want to raise any false expectations, so I'll just give it to you guys straight - this point in time is a really, really, REALLY busy and challenging time for everyone involved in the MachineFlesh Challenge - CGNetworks, all the sponsors, staff, etc. as SIGGRAPH is a week away and the entire industry is focused on the event. With the number of entries, amount of administration required to go through the entries, getting judging all sorted out, all in the midst of preparations for SIGGRAPH, it is all a very hard slog at this point in time.

We're currently awaiting the final results from the judging panel (which has been delaying us as everyone in the industry is busy with SIGGRAPH), then we have to put together the final winning pages, all associated administration, etc. and announce it. Although we had aimed for next week, I am not ruling out the possibility that SIGGRAPH issues may get in the way and we will have to be pushed back till after the event (mid-August)

The bottom line is:
We haven't forgotten about the MachineFlesh Challenge, we're pushing as hard as we can given the current situation. Please, if we do not make the announcement this week, we can only do it after SIGGRAPH - it's not the end of the world.

We understand that everyone is anxious for the final judging, but please also understand why we do the challenge - it's for fun - we don't get a single cent of renumeration for all the setup costs, administration costs, dealing with all the issues (i.e. CRAP) associated with it. We do it because it's cool and we know it helps the community.

So there's the straight answer. We're working on it as hard as we can, but please also understand the current situation, have some patience and empathy.

Render on,

Leonard

Squibbit
07-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Thanks Leonard .

This is what I wanted , regular news about where everything
is at the moment. :) Now you all take your time to get everything
sorted out and thanks for the post , it isn't nice to stay in the
dark for too long :)

peace

ilasolomon
07-28-2004, 05:57 PM
I do understand Leo :-) & good luck to cgn staff.

Antropus
07-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Hi Leonard,

Thanks a lot for the news!
I'm going to SIGGRAPH too, but just in the first day (Sunday). Someone else? Maybe we can have a good meeting there :)

Bye and see you later,
Kris

JamesMK
07-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the update, Yoda. :thumbsup:

Better to know the deal than to be flapping around aimlessly in a dusty closet with lots of weird things on the floor you can't see because it's too dark

DimitrisLiatsos
07-28-2004, 11:34 PM
I got an idea.....why don't we do an unofficial challenge while waiting the results of the official one!!!....har..har :bounce: :bounce: ...i am not kidding...i just had too much coffee again... :bounce:

melkao
07-29-2004, 12:29 AM
ok everyone is the end of the contest and is my first time in one contest of this kind i just want to all of you that win the best...:)

mosconariz
07-29-2004, 12:30 AM
I got an idea.....why don't we do an unofficial challenge while waiting the results of the official one!!!.... Would be cool! Our voting is over, so it will not affect the official results :D

Lets put our 5 favourites in our threads (or here)! -which place did U prefer?

KurtBoutilier
07-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Good luck everyone... some really awesome work...

eupee
07-29-2004, 07:00 AM
heya, just wondering why there are only three pages of threads in each of the 3d and 2d machineflesh forums, where have they gone? sorry if this has already been answered, i havnt kept up to date lately cos of irritating slow internet.

JamesMK
07-29-2004, 07:17 AM
eupee: The number of threads actually displayed is filtered according to their last update (whenever the last post was made).... Look in the lower left corner in the forum, and you'll see a combobox saying "show threads from [last month]" or something similar. Change that to something else and you'll find more threads.

mikepolizos
07-29-2004, 07:42 AM
Thanks Leonard for the update!
You have all the support from Greece! Good luck with the event, too bad I can't go, maybe next year!

Rock on!

DimitrisLiatsos
07-29-2004, 09:03 AM
Would be cool! Our voting is over, so it will not affect the official results :D

Lets put our 5 favourites in our threads (or here)! -which place did U prefer?

No..no..forget voting and who is voted and that stuff...i mean let's make a speed challenge ...a 1-2 weeks theme...just to have fun and stop giving Leonard and Mibus headaches about the results...
So ....is anyone liking the idea......

OR

2nd idea....

Lets find a server and gather all cgtalkers to play Unreal Tournament 2004 ...heheheh :bounce:
(i like this better....hehehehe)

Tremoside
07-29-2004, 10:25 AM
UT2004....What an xcellent idea!

Between two challenges, UT could be an official time eater.

You have the point Dimitris :wavey:

JamesMK
07-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Speed challenge!

Theme suggestion:
Waiting for Godot

Starting posting your sketches in this thread, ladies and gentlemen!

DimitrisLiatsos
07-29-2004, 10:46 AM
OLE !!! :bounce: :bounce:

Waiting for Moderators to give a go??? :deal:

JamesMK
07-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Waiting for Moderators to give a go??? :deal:
They're too busy with SIGGRAPH preparations to moderate this thread :D

Damn I'm funny! Sorry, no harm intended guys...

DimitrisLiatsos
07-29-2004, 11:03 AM
So nobody likes my second idea about an Unreal Tournament 2004 date on a specific server which i would gladly look up tonight? :twisted: :scream: :twisted: ...ehhh????

har har....

NUTYS!!!

ilasolomon
07-29-2004, 01:33 PM
I beat ya all, antz!

JamesMK
07-29-2004, 01:34 PM
Anybody know what framerate to expect when running UT on a Celeron 466? :D

DimitrisLiatsos
07-29-2004, 01:51 PM
I beat ya all, antz!

That's it...that does it ....FIGHT !!! :twisted:

i will post tonight (in about 6 hours ) a server for Onslaught ....probably one othe official Atari servers......I come under the Name LIATSWAGEN.....kill kill kill !!:bounce:
weeeeeeeeeee

Hey JamesMK ..i think it will play just fine...just don't go over 800x600 res...!

I 'll be back ...with the server info tonight!!!.....:twisted:

mikepolizos
07-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Count me in Dimi!
Great idea!
Too sad that YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LAST TOO LONG MY FRIENDS! :scream: :scream:

Waiting the server info!

<<JamesMK>>
Yeap You are going to be fine! Don't put this one on the computer my friend.
You are going down tonight! :) :wip:

DimitrisLiatsos
07-29-2004, 09:59 PM
ut2004://69.161.217.199:7777

i will be waiting in about 45 minutes from now...current status 0/16 players...

CURRENT MAP... ONS - DRIA

GET IN THERE CGTALKERS...LETS FIGHT !!!

DimitrisLiatsos
07-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Now It's Ons -severance....going

The match starts now .... although i am alone in there .....

ilasolomon
07-29-2004, 11:46 PM
If I had a DSL or T1, I'd beat ya, but with my 56k connection, well I am already beaten! :-)

DimitrisLiatsos
07-30-2004, 12:04 AM
I just got my ars kicked by a guy named Azrael....Ila don't worry i am on an ISDN 64k...so it's ok...lol...someone will come?...

ut2004://69.161.217.199:7777...add it to favorites of the game...again tomorrow...(someone will come ...eventually)

eupee
07-30-2004, 07:59 AM
cheers james for clearing that up.

mikepolizos
07-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Dimi, well I got inside 50 minutes after your post , i found the server/map but noone was inside!
If you can name the exact time for tonight!
I'll be there!

<<Ila>>
I was inside yesterday and I playied a few maps with other guys with my 56K modem!
No problem, it's cool!

Be there!

DimitrisLiatsos
07-30-2004, 09:17 AM
roger roger....i will announce the time of the confict tonight...i hope someone will be inside ...
In any case try everyone to see where the server is and add it to favourites...just think that when we 'll stop playing the results of the challenge will be already anounced!

RELOAD,REV UP, RIDE OUT ...or something like that ...har har

P.S : I hope we are not doing something wrong by organizing this in here MODS!...at least we will stop wining about challenge results..hehehe!

Cheers
Dimitris

JamesMK
07-30-2004, 09:59 AM
P.S : I hope we are not doing something wrong by organizing this in here MODS!...at least we will stop wining about challenge results..hehehe!

Since I don't have UT, we could arrange things so that I handle the whining, and you guys can continue fragging eachother - that way we cover all bases! :D

wildekyote
07-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Heres a question. Since the voting and final results are running longer than expected due to circumstances, will the next challenge be pushed off? I vaguely remember reading somewhere (Still can't remember where) that the next challenge was going to be posted late August. Since they were expecting issues with SIGGRAPH getting in the way.

Now I could be wrong here, but I would think since they have the necessary backend to put up a challenge completed and working well then putting up the next aside from challenge title and content shouldn't be to difficult. At least it would appear that way. Is this something that will cause the following challenge to be pushed off as well?

cabertevon
07-31-2004, 11:29 AM
[QUOTEI was inside yesterday and I playied a few maps with other guys with my 56K modem!No problem, it's cool! QUOTE]

Lucky you!!! Been there but nobody is around.

Did i read organizing a team for UT2004 mod? That's cool, i support the idea...Who will take the lead?

cabertevon

Visit My 2D Machineflesh Thread:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131262&perpage=15&pagenumber=8 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131262&perpage=15&pagenumber=8)
Concept Vehicle
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=156168 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=156168)
Concept Environment
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=157296 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=157296)

DimitrisLiatsos
08-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Me definitely playing tonight...i will be in the server of UT2k4 in half an hour from now (11.25PM now GMT +2)

Server ip is on top of this page !!!

A3DLover
08-02-2004, 03:07 AM
Well Dimitri I'd give your challenge a go if I could find the site.
But besides that i'm puzzled to heck as to where my thread for the MacFlesh challenge went especially since I had at least 250 more views and 4 more posts than the least viewed entrants.
And since the pertinent threads to this query are all now locked I can't ask administration what gives?
The webmaster@ sent an auto response that says this issue not an issue that they deal with.
Guess I'm SOL.

Mibus
08-02-2004, 03:14 AM
Hi folks!

As Leo said, everybody (not just here at Ballistic / CGTalk / CGNetworks, but the whole industry) is busy working towards SIGGRAPH. It probably didn't help any that I just got married and took a week off for the honeymoon either ;). I got married to my beautiful wife on the 24th

A quick update though - we've got at least most of the votes from the judges (I think we're missing a few still, but they shouldn't be long I hope). Tallying should take place soonish, then we've still got the prep work and announcements and stuff to do, but after that we can let you know who actually won the darn thing already ;)

I've had a quick look at the disappearing thread thing, it's not that they're disappearing, only that the forum will (by default) hide any thread that's been inactive for a month.

Check out this:
http://www.cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125

Down the bottom is a "Show threads" box. Choose the "From the" option "Beginning". (ie. show threads from the beginning). Click the "Show threads" button next to it.

See this:
http://www.cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125&daysprune=-1

:)

A3DLover
08-02-2004, 04:25 AM
Sorry for being a pest.

Tremoside
08-02-2004, 08:03 AM
Hi Robert,

Congratulations to you and your wife!!!!!! Wish you all the bests!

Thanks for the info about the work behind the scenes,

Tremo

mikepolizos
08-02-2004, 09:03 AM
Congratulations Mibus for you marriage!

.... and live happily ever after!! ;) ;) :)

Thanks for the updates!

DimitrisLiatsos
08-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Mibus said ...
...It probably didn't help any that I just got married and took a week off for the honeymoon either . I got married to my beautiful wife on the 24th

CONGRATS Mibus....now you will able to discover the real nature of women...heheheehe
....i am joking !!!...hehe ...it's worse!!!....lol....no i mean it's cool and i really wish for you and your wife the very best.

P.S : i don't suppose i did something wrong by trying to make everyone go play UT2K4 with me in this thread ? ...did i :)

Cheers
Dimitris

JamesMK
08-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Yeah - good luck now Mibus, you're definitely going to need it :D Soon enough you'll notice that tricksy servers that refuse to do what they're supposed to do is NOTHING in terms of general tricksiness....

Nah, congrats man!

DimitrisLiatsos
08-02-2004, 10:57 AM
Yeah - good luck now Mibus, you're definitely going to need it :D Soon enough you'll notice that tricksy servers that refuse to do what they're supposed to do is NOTHING in terms of general tricksiness....

Nah, congrats man!

..couldn't said it better JamesMK !!!!!! U DA MAN!

JamesMK
08-02-2004, 11:22 AM
No no no, Dimitris - YOU da man! :D

MrFreeman
08-02-2004, 10:22 PM
:applause: Congratulations on getting married Mibus.......seems like a good reason for taking time off......

Hoped to see you guys at Siggraph, but a big job has come in...so can't make it...still, have fun (at home and at Siggraph) and I look forward to seeing the voting results soonish :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mibus
08-03-2004, 01:24 AM
Thanks guys :) :)

As it happens, I'm pretty lucky with the girl I've snatched up... she's very cool, even if she has a shocking sense of direction and hates computers ;).

I've been with those "tricky" girls before... I actually thought I wouldn't date again for about two years after the last one! Buy my now-wife and I get on so well (everyone always said we were a "cute couple", even when we weren't dating!) that I couldn't pass her up :)

My wife is (thankfully) extremely accepting of the fact that I like computers and often want to do stuff with them, she takes care of me (makes my lunch! yay! ;)). We had a really nice peaceful honeymoon in Sydney - don't let anyone tell you otherwise, honeymoons are to relax from the wedding planning, and get away from annoying family members ;)

I won't be at SIGGRAPH, but I think most of the Ballistic staff will be. I'm going to be working peacefully here looking after EXPOSE3 call-for-entries (did I just say that? ;)) and enjoying not having Leo or Mark wandering past asking "Hey can you get $THING done today?"! ;)

(Once I get my wedding photos back, I should be able to zoom/crop one of them so you guys get to see Leo in a Tux, trying to hide in the background of a group photo :))

roctavian
08-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Congratulations Robert for you marriage!
It`s a turning point in everybody`s life, and I wish you and your family a "House of Stone"!!!
It`s a romanian wish.

Radu

mikeesparza
08-05-2004, 08:02 PM
When u will announce the winner!!!

:banghead:

Mibus
08-06-2004, 02:14 AM
Soon! We promise!

We have the final judging in, votes are mostly tallied, but the weighting (public/private voting) and stuff is still yet to be done.

Then we have the big announcement to make up and stuff, but everyone's so busy with SIGGRAPH!

Not to mention, half of our team is going to be flying to LA this weekend, using up more valuable time... ;)

It'll be done... and soonish too. Not exactly sure when, but it'll hopefully be next week or the week after.

Sorry guys, we're doing it as fast as we can!

mosconariz
08-06-2004, 02:23 AM
I'm very excited with this, the announcement of EXPOSÉ 3 and your marriage!

Congrats! :buttrock:

snarl
08-06-2004, 12:52 PM
Congrats from me too Leo ... :thumbsup:

btw I am getting married on the 27th August :) ... some few days more ......:)

Greetings
Ingo

leigh
08-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Thanks to everyone for their admirable patience... I know who the winners are ;)

We're just preparing the announcement... I need to notify the winners first though. We're moving as fast as we can with this, so just sit tight and all will be revealed soon!

JamesMK
08-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Oh wow! So, not too long to go then, Leigh? Awesome -

- -- gjpetch, start checking your seatbelts :D

KurtBoutilier
08-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Great news looking forward to seeing the results... Best of luck to everyone.....

techart
08-10-2004, 06:40 AM
that's great news after this time waiting....can't wait to see who's the winners....good luck everyone :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

claudiojordao
08-10-2004, 09:01 AM
Patience??? What patience? What winners? Is there any contest? Tell me... come on! I wanna enter.
The last one I remember had something to do with Machines... and Flesh... I think!... something like that.
But I think it was cancelled... or forgotten! We didn't get to know who won!!!
Some say that all the members of the jury were taken to... "nooneknowsreallywhere", and have been forced to never speak again about this subject!!! I dont believe that!
I just hope they're ok.
Is there any new contest now? :bounce:

thoughtcriminal
08-10-2004, 07:59 PM
What will be out first - the results of the Machine-Flesh Challange or HL2 ???

Just kidding... Yeah after such hard and long work in which I've done better then I've ever done before, the fact that I've almost forgotten compeletely about the challage is both amaizing and alarming... Sure I don't expect to win, but I do want to know who won.
My commanders (in the Army) are certain that I lied about the reason I took those days off, it's been long since they stopped asking me weather I won or not...

Anyway, No hard feelings... we're all patient... it comes with the profession... :shrug:

leigh
08-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Yeah sorry about the delay guys. There is just a little confusion about the lists of winners and since our tech guy is in Australia and I am in South Africa, co-ordinating communication is a little tricky. I'm hoping that within the next few hours, I can sort out the confusion and move along as planned :)

JamesMK
08-10-2004, 10:02 PM
There's enough cool SIGGRAPH info around to keep us busy another day or two anyway.... Take your time, crew.

DimitrisLiatsos
08-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Yes ....take your time..i am calm....:banghead::banghead: ....:p :p

just kidding

Tremoside
08-11-2004, 12:15 AM
Hey is the time comin? Days or hours are left... It's an other part of the game... I'm lucky with the doom3. If you're nervous about waiting try yourselves with this stuff..useful...honestly

:beer::beer:

mikepolizos
08-11-2004, 07:30 AM
There's enough cool SIGGRAPH info around to keep us busy another day or two anyway.... Take your time, crew.

He he he!
Exactly that! Awesome stuff just don't stop coming!

JamesMK
08-11-2004, 07:38 AM
He he he!
Exactly that! Awesome stuff just don't stop coming!
Combined with waiting for the dreaded challenge results, we basically get Dickens:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

flyingP
08-11-2004, 08:06 AM
at any rate the suspense is getting deadly :scream:

JamesMK
08-11-2004, 08:16 AM
at any rate the suspense is getting deadly :scream:
If it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger :wise:

Oh, I hate that quote.....

flyingP
08-11-2004, 09:22 AM
Oh, I hate that quote.....

That makes 2 of us :)

JamesMK
08-11-2004, 10:16 AM
That makes 2 of us :)
As I suffer from a multiple personality disorder, it actually makes 4 of us.

Squibbit
08-11-2004, 10:26 AM
.............. 5 .............

DimitrisLiatsos
08-11-2004, 10:39 AM
--- 6 ----

mikepolizos
08-11-2004, 10:42 AM
-----7------

MrFreeman
08-11-2004, 10:57 AM
-------8---------

techart
08-11-2004, 11:18 AM
jesus maaaaaaaaaan...that's a cool waiting ...I'm learning to number too :thumbsup:

soon I'll start with the black sheeps if something will not happenin' soon....at my job office I've made such a big portofolio waitin'...we finished the game allready a mounth ago and we have nothing to do......

I've made even an image after the one in the contest but I believe I can't post it until the winners are shown :(... do I?

still numbering...9...

SergioSantos
08-11-2004, 11:24 AM
--- 10 ---

Machineflesh contest or Neverending contest...

GoldenGrifon
08-11-2004, 11:51 AM
--- 10 and one more ---

mosconariz
08-11-2004, 02:09 PM
I heard someone commit suicide, this waiting is just too much; we are getting old...

10-1=

adrianis
08-11-2004, 02:10 PM
9+4

_.·´¯`·>0xD<·´¯`·._

:bounce:

techart
08-11-2004, 03:15 PM
maaaan 9 is my number..I didn't suicide like I'm writeing :))))))))))

give me back my place.......I tell you to my mother :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think we are all crazy wright now........did you look at yourself?????....look into the mirror people......what this contest make of you....craaaaaaaazyyyy peeeeeeeeoples

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :buttrock: :buttrock:

mosconariz
08-11-2004, 03:22 PM
NOOOOOOO!!!, I want the number 9!, I'm not crazy!, I'll go for you to Romania for the number 9!, I could kill for the number 9!, I could conquer the world for the number 9!, I'M NOT CRAZY!, I'm not mad!, I'm not a bag, I'm not a freak, I'm not at SIGGRAPH, I'm not alife, I'm the one that have commited suicide! :curious:

mosconariz
08-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Adrixwha, R U available? :D

adrianis
08-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Yep. here I am..
And my number is 13 in hexadecimal :D

KurtBoutilier
08-11-2004, 03:45 PM
My obsessive complusive disorder is in over drive.. checking Cgtalk every 5 mins..... PLZ let it end soon=).....

mosconariz
08-11-2004, 03:47 PM
Adrixwha, "D" nice number for a beautiful girl, do U want to have a online-date here in CG talk with a hansom mosquito? :D

EDIT: (I'm joking) yeah, I'm joking, I'm not crazy, yeah, I'm not crazy, don't you believe me? I'm not a human, but I'm not crazy, yeah, it sounds crazy but it is not, I'm not, or I am?

adrianis
08-11-2004, 04:19 PM
:rolleyes: chispas! este..

Sorry, very busy here coding classes and JSPs, compiling, rebuilding, running Jboss, debugging...

Just reading cgtalk each five minutes too, wondering for news..
Here a puzzle game, Pentamino, to let time fly
http://www.skakalka.ru/game/online/

And by the way, some news about the next challenge? will be 2D and 3D?

Antropus
08-11-2004, 06:15 PM
:scream: :scream: :scream:
Tomorrow is the last day of SIGGRAPH. I think is natural if the results are announced just after tomorrow (maybe between Friday and Saturday?).
But for some reason, I started to check this thread 5-5 minutes also, LOL

ps.: Dimi, I HATE YOU!!!!

Tremoside
08-11-2004, 06:29 PM
Hey mates let me own the number 9. that was may birthday's date...monday. So machineflesh announcement is not one of my gifts...am sad..hup. I have a deadline this evening but it's quite hard to work with crashed brain. Waiting is fun.

Next CGTalk challenge topic: wasted time....:buttrock:
Happy hours to you....
Tremo

Siladar
08-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Not in the contet myself. But am anxious to see who wins.....

Trem....You know....That actually sounds like a good subject for a contest. While we wait. What would your concept for this contest be. come on! Fess up folks....

By the way. Since we're snagging numbers I'll take 6^2 (6 squared)!

Sil

leigh
08-11-2004, 09:36 PM
Okay guys, I've emailed all the winners and runner-ups. We'll be making a public announcement in the next day (hopefully! With Leonard at Siggraph things are a little chaotic here in the inner-workings of CGTalk and CGNetworks...)

lulaassassina
08-11-2004, 09:44 PM
Hurray!!! Can't wait to know who won!!!

Thanx Leigh!

mosconariz
08-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Another day of crazyness, madness, suicides, and impossible dates????? :buttrock:

DimitrisLiatsos
08-11-2004, 10:13 PM
:scream: :scream: :scream:
Tomorrow is the last day of SIGGRAPH. I think is natural if the results are announced just after tomorrow (maybe between Friday and Saturday?).
But for some reason, I started to check this thread 5-5 minutes also, LOL

ps.: Dimi, I HATE YOU!!!!

I definitely hate u more NUTS!!!....how is L.A? . Have u settled down in your new work?
We want pics ....have fun !!!!:bounce:

Versiden
08-12-2004, 07:43 AM
argh, this is nerve recking... so distracting I can't even work.. refresh, refresh, refresh ;p

I have my suspects.. let's see if I'm close

JamesMK
08-12-2004, 07:53 AM
*tap tap tap*

:D

Kylebrn
08-12-2004, 08:16 AM
argh, this is nerve recking... so distracting I can't even work.. refresh, refresh, refresh ;p

I have my suspects.. let's see if I'm close

Ok who are they? Let's see if they match mine!Pick your top 10,not in any praticular order of course.Anybody up for that?:) Who ever goes first,I'll follow.:)

Versiden
08-12-2004, 08:37 AM
hope this isn't against the rules to speculate ...
ok my top 10... there's so many good entries, but here goes

in alphabetical order:

Krishnamurti M. Costa (Antropus)
Norman Rosenstech (Deadly Force)
jermy j hampton (essencedesign)
jason butler(flinder)
Greg Petchkovsky (gjpetch)
Ila Soleimani (ila_solomon)
James Kaufeldt (JamesMK)
Jorge Lescale (rattlesnake)
Jesse Sandifer (Sandpiper)
Michael Madic' (Virtuoso)

and my top 4 are in there somewhere, tho it's obvious who's no.1

techart
08-12-2004, 08:42 AM
another day of suicides :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: who's next......

and I still wannt the number 9 ..... :argh: :argh: :argh:

I think is better to follow the element of surprise....but the number of hard attacks will grow that way.....extreme sport folcks :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

flyingP
08-12-2004, 02:49 PM
awwwwwhh c'mon spill the beans already already :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
08-12-2004, 03:20 PM
:bounce: OK /..i know how u can cool down.....read this

"Hello, and welcome to the Mental Institute Hotline.

Please listen carefully to the menu selections, because they change every hour.

If you are Obsessive Compulsive, press 1 - - - repeatedly.

If you are Codependent, please ask someone to press 2 for you.

If you have Multiple Personalities, press 3, 4, 5 and 6.

If you are Paranoid, we know who you are and what you want. Stay on the line so we can trace your call.

If you are Delusional, press 7 and your call will be transferred to the Mothership.

If you are Schizophrenic, listen carefully, and a small voice will tell you which number to press.

If you are Manic-depressive, it doesn't matter what number you press - - - no-one will answer.

If you are Dyslexic, press 969696969696.

If you have a Nervous Disorder, please fidget with the Asterisk Key until a representative comes on the line.

If you have Amnesia, press 8 and then state your Name, Address, Phone Number, Date of Birth, Social Security
Number and your Mother's & Grandmother's maiden names.

If you have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, slowly and very carefully press 000.

If you have Bipolar Disorder, please leave a message after the beep, or before the beep, or after the beep, Please wait
for the beep.

If you have Short-term Memory Loss, please try to call again, later.

If you have Low Self-esteem, please hang up. Our operators are far too busy to talk to you

If none of the above apply, you have the wrong number.

Thank you. Have a good day."

HAR HAR HAR

OLE!:bounce:

mikepolizos
08-12-2004, 03:33 PM
HA HA!
You are nuts Dimi!
Cool text!
:thumbsup: :scream: :scream: :thumbsup:

flyingP
08-12-2004, 03:37 PM
ROFL :applause:

Russell-Nash
08-12-2004, 03:41 PM
If you are waiting for the winners of the machineflesh challenge to be announced, press the F5 key on your keyboard until someone (Leigh) tells you that waiting is over. :D

techart
08-12-2004, 03:56 PM
:) :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :) :)

lot of fun on this thread guys...I might not walk off again until the winners are announced... I might sleep on the table.......oh no..the guys from the office will kick me out......maybe if I tell them I got crazy they leave me alone.....what number should I press Dimitris?

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

DimitrisLiatsos
08-12-2004, 04:03 PM
:) :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :) :)

lot of fun on this thread guys...I might not walk off again until the winners are announced... I might sleep on the table.......oh no..the guys from the office will kick me out......maybe if I tell them I got crazy they leave me alone.....what number should I press Dimitris?

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
For MachineFlesh Results Disorder ....press

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 ....ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:scream:

flyingP
08-12-2004, 04:12 PM
hmmm....maybe they could post a list of those who didn't win in the meantime :D

DimitrisLiatsos
08-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Hmmm...i must continue ..i think...and i quote ;

A good deal of the early literature concerning the origins of anxiety is attributed
to early separation experiences from the mother (or primary care). However,
the cause of anxiety disorders is still a matter of controversial discussion.
Recent research has demonstrated that traumatic events ( Machine Flesh Results) and separation experiences during childhood were more often described in people with panic disorder.

Lesson : leave away from your pc ....for just 5 minutes....:bounce: :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
08-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Then come back and press F5....ROFLAMO:scream:

leigh
08-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Just a little longer.... ;)

JamesMK
08-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Huge ROTFLMAO @ Dimitris!

Seems that maybe the heat in Athens makes things even worse than they are up north :D