PDA

View Full Version : Game Art Comp 8: Blue Meanie - Yellow Submarine

Alpha_Hale
06-20-2004, 06:41 PM
I dont know if i'll finish this guy in time, but I'll give it a shot. This'll be my first time entering one of these comps.
here he is. Blue Meanie:

http://www.adamhale.com/IMAGES/ARTWORK/temp/bluemeanie.jpg

Alpha_Hale
06-24-2004, 12:47 AM
here is some progress for Blue Meanie. I'm still trying to get a good looking set of porportions. Since the movie is rather abstract, he appears in very different porportions in different parts. Also, In one part of the movie he uses a machine gun. I think I'm going to save some poly's to model that too.

http://www.adamhale.com/IMAGES/ARTWORK/temp/bluewip1.jpg

DaemonMagus
06-24-2004, 12:58 AM
He looks like the teacher from the Nickelodeon show "AHHH Real Monsters!" He looks like he'd have the voice of Him from Powerpuff girls or something, another character who's gender is obvious at first glance. How are you going to handle the textures? Are you going to leave it cartoony or go a little more realistic?

Gamoron
06-24-2004, 02:20 AM
This came out of left field. Good character choice. I never watched the Yellow Submarine but I know the Beatles. Interested to see how you'll bring it together.

Alpha_Hale
06-24-2004, 04:03 AM
I may try a cell shader just to see how it looks. Most likely I will have the final model be shaded regularly, with a fairly flat colored, simplistic texture map.

Steyn
06-28-2004, 02:15 AM
I think you forgot to add his legs, according to your ref pic he's got legs.
that's the only thing I can see that's wrong, nice job so far.

edit: sorry me stoopid, I didn't even see you weren't finished modelling, sorry again, ramblings of a sleep deprived soul,

Lekku
06-28-2004, 06:33 PM
This place freaks me out, sometimes. Two words on that reference - camel toe.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.