PDA

View Full Version : character: Soldier

speedhorse
06-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Hi all !
This is my new work about a soldier . Modeling and texturing with 3ds max 6.0 and Photoshop cs.
Hope you like it !
:)

speedhorse
06-20-2004, 05:53 PM
the wire
http://www.chinadv.com/forum/Web/UpFiles/2004/6/20/77412165.jpg

graffb
06-20-2004, 06:06 PM
very good!

speedhorse
06-21-2004, 12:06 PM
:deal: Here is my work.
I'm sorry my pool english....:shrug:

http://www.chinadv.com/forum/Web/UpFiles/2004/6/21/83853146.jpg

xjgd4321
06-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Good model》An ancient warrior?Support!!!
The background is not very good,The quantity is small。
Good work:bounce:

Kurtzar
06-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Nice work.But yah the BG should be replaced.:)

abgrafx3d
06-21-2004, 09:39 PM
Very nice model :applause:

dru
06-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Good Character!!!

The texture of armor is simply perfect!!!

ciao

slackjaw10
06-21-2004, 10:27 PM
The background looks like the part in The Return of the King where it shows the big crowd of Rohirrim (sic?) on the hill. Nice textures on the armor though.

speedhorse
06-22-2004, 03:30 AM
yeh,It's an ancient warrior !:)
The BG of The Return of the King,Quite right !:buttrock:

I think the background not good too,It would be better but so long as set off the Character .
Have so little always , I continue making great efforts! :bounce:
Thx all !

speedhorse
06-23-2004, 07:20 PM
update
http://www.chinadv.com/forum/Web/UpFiles/2004/6/24/40149195.jpg

ranjan
06-23-2004, 09:33 PM
the tatoo map on the hand looks a like a wood carving i think there applied some bump map and goes in but A fantastic work,

Arcs
06-24-2004, 02:32 AM
Hi speedhorse,

first off, this shouldn't be in the finished gallery, you have a long way to go.

That metal.... is horrible. I've never seen armour with a texture like that.
Why is the grain hozontal on the side of his helmut and the front is all vertical?
Everything looks like painted treebark and cookie dough thats been scraped with a fork. I really can't figure out what kind of material you were aiming for. It's a good thing that this is a still image because any attempt at using this in an animation would be a disaster. That flickering effect would never go away.

So for the face, I don't know what happened, but humans should have eyelashes and not black dots around their eyes. The skin is way off. It's as smooth as a baby's bottom. What's up with the shinyness? Is he covered in oil or butter? You must have realized this.

Where the eye meets the eyelid, you're getting some weird whitestuff, no idea what that is, it should not be there.

You definitely need to modify the colour/bumpmap on the lips, they are way too crispy and the pattern is just that, a uniform pattern on the lips.... bad.

Another this is the lighting, it's so wrong. You should really seek help with this.

There is a setting sun behind him.... why is his face bright? Did someone take his picture with a flash camera? Why is his front so bright? Towards the rear of his body it becomes darker... that is where the sun is...

You have obviously placed a light above and to his left.... if you want your render to make sense... just change everything and start over.

The silhouette of the chin and nose are very bad due to the black line that's appearing. It's like you drew around it with a pen. You have to fix that.

For this to be a solid, impressive 3d piece (for all to see), you'd have to fix all of those things and much more. If you're content with being middle of the road, that's fine, but at least be aware of it.

I posted this because everyone was telling you how great this was. You'll NEVER improve if you keep hearing that. Always push yourself and compare yourself to those that are greater.
Anyway, hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears.

dARCKLOWN
06-24-2004, 03:22 AM
Nice model very nice but I cant say I like the metal tex, as he said it looks wood carved. Maybe bit more smoothed, more large bumps than those ridges

:)

arona
06-24-2004, 10:31 AM
great. for me its great. nice emotion in his eyes, and i like this type of warriors. the metal looks good to me. all metal materials must not be like each other. very well done. :thumbsup:

speedhorse
06-24-2004, 03:24 PM
Hi Arcs
Thank you very much for your such careful reply ,I do not mind at all, instead very glad! :)

These suggestions of yours are just what I want hard,thank you!!! And still the first piece of yours ,I am very honoured !

I want say the texture only.I do not admit I did carefully enough,but thinks that I hope to make different material feels , just like arona said.I am making great efforts to make different results.

Hope to improve to some extent next time.:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.