PDA

View Full Version : Concept Robot

pedromt
06-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Created him for my Concept Design class. Please let me know what you all think, any comments/crits would be appreciated.

http://www.rstavares.com/pedro/2D/joyreq800.jpg

PS. How can I display an image rather than link to it?

Kevin Albers
06-20-2004, 10:00 PM
I think the vibe you have going is quite good, but it could use more detail, depending on what this piece would be turned into. As a game artist, I would want a bit more detail, and if what intended for a movie or some such, it would benefit from an even greater level of detail.

As a modeller/texturer, I want a concept piece to have a good overall vibe, and numerous examples of possible details. I do NOT require concept sketches that are extremely well rendered, in terms of shading etc. Basically, I want ideas and inspiration, not a book-cover.

Keep up the good work, and have fun. :)

pedromt
06-22-2004, 02:53 AM
thanks for the reply. Just curious... for concept sketches you take to 3D, do you usually get Orthographic drawings of them as well?

I really appreciate your input.

ghopper
06-22-2004, 03:34 AM
PS. How can I display an image rather than link to it?
Just use the insert image button ( the button left from the # sign ) and paste your link to the image in the dialogbox.

thephalinx
06-22-2004, 05:45 AM
looks cool, but that cloak is ripe for getting caught in those treads.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.