PDA

View Full Version : Icons!

wolver1ne
06-20-2004, 10:22 AM
What's with the huge ass icons on the new board. They look like from some kind of kids board or something. Are they gonna be changed to either old ones or something decent?

/signed Angry cgtlker.. well not really

:D

Tottebias
06-20-2004, 10:27 AM
yes I agree. All the icons really makes my head spin. Bright colors and big arse icons everywhere. The overall looks is much messier than earlier and another thing that i hate is that I can no longer change the text size with ctr-mmb :(

Carina
06-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Let's just hope it's still in the tweaking stages eh...

I would say CGTalk went from looking quite professional to looking not very professional at all.. the feel of the start page especially looks quite bad with the top (splash, ad, plugs and "login") taking up almost half the screen!

Don't like it at all.

Oh and what's up with the black/grey gradients everywhere..

Leonard
06-20-2004, 10:42 AM
Guys, read the CGTalk Upgraded thread in the General Discussions forum. I already said that I'm fixing up the icons but it's Sunday night here and I've been at it all weekend.

Please calm down. I don't appreciate the "CGTalk went from professional to unprofessional" comment. You could have made your post constructive and instead you went straight to inflammatory. That's unprofessional.

Thanks,

Leo

kryoboy
06-20-2004, 10:52 AM
i like alot of the changes, really. If you need any pixelartist for icons let me know. the new post script is nice. :buttrock:

Carina
06-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Considering I pointed out exactly what I thought didn't look good, I don't think it was "straight to inflammatory".

I apologise if I came across as offensive, that wasn't my intention.

I appreciate CGTalk as a forum, but I do think that the new look, as it is now (again I did note that it might still be in tweaking stages) looks a lot worse than the old one.

Leonard
06-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Considering I pointed out exactly what I thought didn't look good, I don't think it was "straight to inflammatory".

I apologise if I came across as offensive, that wasn't my intention.

I appreciate CGTalk as a forum, but I do think that the new look, as it is now (again I did note that it might still be in tweaking stages) looks a lot worse than the old one.
That's fine, apology accepted.

I've updated the icons for now. You may need to hit CTRL+F5 to force the refresh. I'll get my designer onto this over the next few weeks. For now it should be more like the old CGTalk.

Cheers,

Leo

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.