PDA

View Full Version : New New Alien vs Predator Trailer Makes The Movie Look Pretty Good

macqdor
06-20-2004, 03:25 AM
New Alien vs Predator Trailer looks Awesome. Movie I believe will defy odds and skeptics alike.

--Keith

remember my prediction last year about "Pirates of the Carribeon"
:buttrock:
Enjoy

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avp/trailer/

Yen3D
06-20-2004, 04:30 AM
Super!!!

If the movie gets as cool as tha comic book Im on it!!!

will they make Alien VS Predator VS Terminator? :D

BiTMAP
06-20-2004, 05:43 AM
ohh looks nice :)

Renzsu
06-20-2004, 10:33 AM
Yeah I hope it'll be great, the new trailer sure made things a little big more clear for me, though I always prefer watching a movie without knowing anything about it..

brudney
06-20-2004, 10:42 AM
alas, this movie is going to be a huge disaster:/

what's next? harry potter vs. frodo?

edit: i agree that this trailer looks really nice; i thought we were talking about the previous one... anyway, i just hope the movie will turn out to be great (still doubt about it though)

mummey
06-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Shit. It looks better than that last trailer....:twisted:

macqdor
06-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Yeah the last trailer the music made it seem corny. Im glad they killed that one. This trailer makes it look like a real fight between aliens and predators. With humans being caught up in the middle.

Keith

Feagond
06-20-2004, 03:58 PM
hey

i agree that the new trailer looks great!! !:applause:
i've been looking forward to this movie since they announced it and will surely watch it. we'll see then if it lives up to the expectations. i hope so :).

bentllama
06-20-2004, 05:37 PM
yeah. the latest trailer redeemed the movie for me too...though I still hate Aliens...I think they are dumb. I never liked the Aliens franchise, but the Predator spoke to me ages ago, and did so again with this trailer.

I am going to see the predator and no other character in this film.

Predator rocks.

lestdog
06-20-2004, 05:53 PM
what's next? harry potter vs. frodo?

ha!

Well anyway, nothing wrong with a good popcorn movie like this. I was wondering, did anyone see freedy vs. Jason? Was it bad?

brudney
06-20-2004, 06:03 PM
I was wondering, did anyone see freedy vs. Jason? Was it bad?
actually i've seen it some time ago... and didn't like it at all. but maybe i've just grown out of this kind of movies... anyway, it wasn't scary, it wasn't surprising, it wasn't entertaining. hell, it wasn't even bloody!

noisewar
06-20-2004, 10:28 PM
oh man sweet! This is a sakuraba vs. gracie match, cept with acid blood and cloaking! Woot!

erilaz
06-21-2004, 12:07 AM
They should do more vs. films. Just imagine the combinations you could do!

Mary Poppins vs. Hannibal :D

allseeingi
06-21-2004, 12:19 AM
A spoon full of sugar helps the fava beans go down, the fava beans go da-own, fava beans go down...

- allseeingi

mummey
06-21-2004, 12:28 AM
oh man sweet! This is a sakuraba vs. gracie match, cept with acid blood and cloaking! Woot!
Yeah, but which gracie??? :D

-B

mummey
06-21-2004, 12:30 AM
They should do more vs. films. Just imagine the combinations you could do!

Mary Poppins vs. Hannibal :D
No, Its definitely gotta be My Little Pony vs. Care Bears... :wise:

erilaz
06-21-2004, 12:49 AM
Heh... this could be a whole thread by itself! :D

SheepFactory
06-21-2004, 01:45 AM
This movie looks horrible :(

I really hope this makes a killing in the box office so they make another predator film.

bentllama
06-21-2004, 06:25 AM
This movie looks horrible :(

I really hope this makes a killing in the box office so they make another predator film.
I am only going to see the Predator...I will turn my brain off and enjoy the character for the cool icon that it is...

Andymdk
06-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Thanks.Looks pretty cool to me.:buttrock:

Pyke
06-21-2004, 07:02 PM
I said it looked cool from the begining-and now Im just getting all giddy! :)

Im really looking forward to this. Good action-popcorn movie, complete with dreadlocks.

Pyke
06-21-2004, 07:14 PM
Erm..anybody else notice that the main scientist is the same guy who created Bishop in ALIENS and wanted the queen in Alien III? Possible plot point?

Cobra1979
06-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Looks great!

mummey
06-21-2004, 08:03 PM
Erm..anybody else notice that the main scientist is the same guy who created Bishop in ALIENS and wanted the queen in Alien III? Possible plot point?
Lance Henrickson is the actor's name.

Kurtzar
06-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Lovin it.:eek:

allseeingi
06-21-2004, 09:45 PM
What ever happened to Lance Henriksen?

- allseeingi

TheLostVertex
06-21-2004, 09:54 PM
I hope they tie in Lance in some way....as long it isnt some really cheesy way tho. No matter what, this movie will be cool....how could a movie with the predator ripping people up not be cool?

Ahhh, cult icons :love:

-Steven

DOOMNINJA
06-21-2004, 10:17 PM
No way, Superman vs. Batman! Wait...

lestdog
06-21-2004, 10:51 PM
I got it! Emanula lewis (webster) vs. Gary coleman.. am I dating myself?

THX
06-22-2004, 06:26 AM
i want to see more cg aliens, they looked cool in ressurection

playmesumch00ns
06-22-2004, 08:14 AM
They look much, much better in this one

heiyuu
06-22-2004, 09:24 AM
X-Men Vs Street Fighter!!!

Imagine Hugh Jackman vs Van Damme!

Yes I know I am a bastard for comparing the X men and Street Fighter movies...

lestdog
06-22-2004, 10:36 AM
the only thing bugging me about the trailer is the humans and thier stupid dialog, I bet we all could have guessed there was going to be a guy saying " you ugly blah blah blah " to the preditor. Could we just take out the humans and maybe put something else in there? Something that we can actually feel sorry for? Like a puppy?

Maxx
06-22-2004, 10:46 AM
I was wondering, did anyone see freedy vs. Jason? Was it bad? Saw it for my birthday last year - loved it! It's inane, pointless, poorly acted, and absolutely the funniest movie of the year! My wife and I literally guffawed throughout the vast majority of it.

Of course, I also thought Bride of Chucky was way too much fun, and love watching Deep Blue Sea just for the badness and the obvious mistakes that litter the film. When the producers don't care, we all win! :p

And I am so looking forward to this potential steaming pile of AVP badness that I'm all a-shiver right now! :bounce:

freeDNA
06-22-2004, 10:49 AM
I want Ash (from the Evil Dead series) vs Kooger +Jason +Aliens +Predators.

Imagine Ash laughs aloud HISTERICALLY while cutting predators into 2 halves with his chainsaw and blasting the heads off of the aliens with his double-barreled shotgun.

samartin
06-22-2004, 11:14 AM
the only thing bugging me about the trailer is the humans and thier stupid dialog, I bet we all could have guessed there was going to be a guy saying " you ugly blah blah blah " to the preditor. Could we just take out the humans and maybe put something else in there? Something that we can actually feel sorry for? Like a puppy?
Yeah I know how you feel regarding the dialogue, "what room is this again ???", "ermmm it's the sacrificial chamber !!!". Like who would care when in a room like that with eggs hatching !!!

I do love a bit of cheese in a film and I think that's the purpose of the humans, and the tagline at the end is class, whoever wins, we lose...

Hmmmm are you sure we lose ???

lestdog
06-22-2004, 12:28 PM
point well takin samartin, I already hate the humans in the trailer so now I take no issue in paying 9 bucks just see them die. Wow great marketing they pulled off there.

TheLostVertex
06-22-2004, 07:33 PM
For some reason, I think there is going to be one or 2 humans that are the "heros" and they dont die and live at the end of the movie. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope those human scum die. Wait...Im human...

Who is doing the SFX in this film?

Steven

DB3D
06-22-2004, 08:22 PM
lance henriksen is playing the scientist that created bishop in AVP. just to let you know. im waiting for paul anderson so prove me wrong, i absolutely hate his movies, resident evil was horrible. looks like he actually researched this movie though so maybe he will come through.

Annuostivix
06-22-2004, 09:37 PM
wayyy too many shots of the predator getting rooped. I'd rather see the aliens get ass kicked :D

Yen3D
06-22-2004, 11:15 PM
I want Ash (from the Evil Dead series) vs Kooger +Freddy +Aliens +Predators.

Imagine Ash laughs aloud HISTERICALLY while cutting predators into 2 halves with his chainsaw and blasting the heads off of the aliens with his double-barreled shotgun.
I think there was an Ash vs some thing movie on the line some time ago...

Maxsmackage
06-22-2004, 11:46 PM
i want to see more cg aliens, they looked cool in ressurection

They looked terrible! I giggled at them haha

DOOMNINJA
06-23-2004, 08:07 AM
Anyone notice, the part near the start where the predator "leaps" from the ledge to avoid being hit by gunfire, and then cloaks in mid air...

...IS he FLOATING or WHAT?! Sorry, looked awful. Maybe it was the perspective...

Oh, and the "video game sequence" near the end, depicting the aliens attacking the Predators en' mass atop that temple? Not sure how that's gona look...

Aside from that, I must say - AVP will "0wnz0rz j00 4LL!!1!!"

Can't wait!

Q_B
06-23-2004, 11:24 AM
Well well, this trailler sure put my hopes back up again.

Lets see how it turns out.

As for all the ppl talkin bout the vs. thing, well, i know it can be a stupid and bad deal, take Jason vs. Freddy for instance, but there is a HUGE difference.

Aliens vs. Predator already has a solid comics background, and was not a stupid vs. story made up just for a film. Its a complete background entangling all three races, and with some preety great storys already layed down in comics. It has all to be sucessfull.

blacknoise
06-23-2004, 12:12 PM
avp... think ill score this movie even if i already see that it's not funny/entertaining for me at all. why? because i am fx phreak ;)

the only thing i can say for sure is that americans know very well how to make money ;)

bn

mummey
06-23-2004, 03:23 PM
X-Men Vs Street Fighter!!!

Imagine Hugh Jackman vs Van Damme!
No, Van Damme wouldn't sign on unless he won and given the opportunity to kick really high in slow-motion at least three times during the fight.:wise:

Yes I know I am a bastard for comparing the X men and Street Fighter movies...
Yes you are, now go back to the dark crevice from which you came... :twisted:

mummey
06-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Aliens vs. Predator already has a solid comics background, and was not a stupid vs. story made up just for a film.
Unless the writers and director completely ignores it and makes up a Hollywood script instead. This is what I'm afraid of. :sad:

-B

disdathit
06-24-2004, 02:11 AM
looks like it might actually be fairly watchable. as long as the humans are definately dying. theyll probably be annoying anyway. should make for an interesting twist, just hope the cheese doesnt get in the way. Ill watch it, im thinking aliens will win.

ambas
06-24-2004, 02:17 AM
cool

i hope this movies turns out to be a good one

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.