PDA

View Full Version : Image - Stone Bust

BgDM
06-19-2004, 12:05 AM
I made this head mesh a while ago for the CG Talk Machine Flesh challenge and never finished it. So I figured I would resurect it and use it for an artistic piece.

The mouth is not the best and kind of throws it off. I should probably fix that.

http://gallery.mudpuddle.co.nz/albums/public/bust.sized.png

Modelled and rendered in Blender 2.33.

Heavily post processed in Photoshop 7. I deleted the original render, so don't ask to see for comparison, sorry. :-|

Tell me what you think.

BgDM

KevinCCAD
06-19-2004, 02:26 AM
I'd pull the jaw up some, I think it's a little large, and maybe pull the forehead out above the outside of the eyes, it looks to be curving around too early.

sculpter21
06-20-2004, 10:26 PM
What did you use for textures

Alex

klingspor
06-20-2004, 10:57 PM
The material looks quite realistic overall, but I think it lacks detail in the chin area - it's almost as if it's a completely different material in that area. Maybe it's too glossy, I don't think stone or marble would have that kind of specular highlight unless it's wet.

But the render is good!

BgDM
06-21-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the replies!

KevinCCAD: I agree about the chin/jaw area, but it was more of a stylized/hero type face I was going for and thuis, the larger jaw. I agree about the forehead as well. I should fix that area.

sculpter21: I used a stone image texture I made myself in Photoshop. Also a couple of layers of cloud procedural texture within Blender.

stefanminning: Thanks. The polished stone look was what I was aiming for to contrast the regular stone. To bring out the face more. Maybe I did make it too glossy though.

Thanks again guys.

BgDM

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.