PDA

View Full Version : Challenge closing soon!

Mibus
06-18-2004, 06:25 AM
OK Everyone,

Time is rapidly running out for the Fifteenth CG Challenge, "Machineflesh".

Due dates:
* WIPs - Midnight end-of 18th June
All JPEG images are due (including a "Final Image" JPEG)
* TIFFs - Midnight end-of 20th June
Zipped TIFFs must have been uploaded via FTP.

In order to complete the challenge, you *must* have submitted a JPEG image for every milestone (including "Final Image"), through the online entry form here:

http://cgnetworks.com/challenge/machineflesh/submit_entry.php

WIP entries will close at the end of the 18th of June, GMT. (So if you live in the US, it's earlier than midnight!).

You must also submit a print-resolution (eg. at 2657x3636) TIFF according to the instructions here:

http://cgnetworks.com/challenge/machineflesh/final_image.php

Print-resolution images can be submitted until midnight at the end of the 20th of June, GMT. (That's 48 hours after the challenge itself ends!).

If you're unsure as to when a component of the challenge is due, there is a countdown timer on the relevant page. Be careful not to run too close to the end, or you might not make it!

Thanks;

beta-studios
06-19-2004, 12:59 AM
Hey,
I didnt realize that it was GMT time...i thought i had another 5 hours..

You guys should have made it more clear (for us nubies). :blush:

i didnt submit any of my coloring WIPs.

I guess this is a stupid question but can there be an extention, or some kind of grace period? A few hours wouldnt change much...

Also, should I submit my final TIF if i dont have all the milestone WIPs uploaded?

Thnx.

johncarlucci
06-19-2004, 03:01 AM
I completly missed the GMT bit myself. Oh well.

idreamin3d
06-19-2004, 04:56 AM
I have my final color and final image to post. I thought i had a half hour in the clear. What time did it actually close?

Frustrating after working late to get it done. Is there any chance of submitting?

rebecca wiley

ET
06-21-2004, 12:19 AM
i had problems about my final image. this is not good corped and darkened, which i wanted to post it like that, version of my work. after all its frustrating to have a work which is not fine tuned at the end.

Mibus
06-22-2004, 12:38 AM
The challenge closed at midnight, the end of Friday the 18th of June, 2004, GMT-time.

No late entries, the reasons are given in another thread:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showpost.php?p=1403109&postcount=325

Minor tweaking of your final image is allowed, but nothing major. Only tweaks necessary to display at a higher resolution will be allowed, anything else will probably disqualify you.

(Basically, if you resize your TIFF down to the size of your Final Image WIP, they should be pretty much identical).

Voting will be done on the Final Image WIP JPEG uploaded, so you aren't getting any sort of extension anyway :)

Good luck everyone!

JTD
06-22-2004, 04:04 PM
When does voting take place? I'll be out on vacation from June 25th through July 5th. Can I give you my top 1000 artists now? :)

Mibus
06-23-2004, 03:05 AM
JTD: It's likely to start about when you get back, and run for more than long enough for you to vote (I imagine it'll run for a week or two? Yet to be decided :)).

Stay tuned!

Shinwa
07-06-2004, 02:53 PM
OMG ! Did voting start already? I am seeing people with like, 20 some-od replies now and some say 'vote' in white letters at the top.....I figured we would somehow be notified when the voting started! Can I vote for more than one person? And how do I vote officially?

Sorry if I sound kinda anxious....I had some friends who I told I would notify when voting started!

RLyons
07-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Voting.

I have been trying to find out about the judging. I am confused, is voting done by a panel of judges or the competitors?

I was hoping that the judging would be done by a panel put together by cgtalk. With all the great artist the site has dealt with over time surely they could put together some of our inspirations to give an opinion.

The other option seems less agreeable, but if itís the case when does it start? And how do you vote?

Mibus
07-07-2004, 12:56 AM
Whoah calm down! :)

Voting started about an hour ago, no need to panic!

Go to the Machineflesh Voting Page (http://cgnetworks.com/challenge/machineflesh/entries.php). Just click on the image you want to vote for (to see the full set of entries in that thread) and then there's a "Vote" button just below the first (larger)) image.

There is both public voting and panel voting, it's mentioned elsewhere.

(So go vote already! ;) )

MITRICH
07-07-2004, 07:37 AM
Good afternoon. Why have not placed my picture?

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=131511&page=4

I have made all correctly. All has finished and has placed a tif-file on your ftp-server.
Why? Why?... :-(

Mibus
07-07-2004, 08:04 AM
MITRICH,

There was a small flaw in our processing system that only affected the very small number of people who had entered both the 2D and 3D challenges. I've fixed the problem and your image should now appear.

Anyone else who thinks their image should appear, don't post here; either PM me or email me (robert@ballisticmedia.net).

MITRICH
07-07-2004, 08:12 AM
oh! Thanks.
Excuse me for creation of a panic.