PDA

View Full Version : Bmw 323i, Chrissisco (3D)

chrissisco
07-23-2002, 04:04 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/6667/bmw_323i_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/6667/bmw_323i.jpg)

Hello All,
This is my first post on CGtalk, just wanted some feed back on my BMW.

Thanks.

skyracer
07-23-2002, 04:56 PM
Cool stuff, I like it really:)

aor
07-23-2002, 04:59 PM
wow, that's great.. my fav car too.. more pics? stats? thanks!

WAVK
07-23-2002, 05:01 PM
wow, That's one fine piece of modeling! I think the car is very nice.

To the crits:

The wheels, I don't like the material, maybe chrome it up, it's too white.

And the background scene bothers me a bit, use depth of field to blur it. Also the bricks on the ground are to bumpy and to large, I would scale them down about 3 times.

Also I think the render is a bit grey, brighten it up.

Great work, keep us posted! Your modeling skills are very good!

Have fun,

Wybren van Keulen

winberg
07-23-2002, 06:08 PM
Good work..
Can we see some wireframes..?

-Tom

chrissisco
07-23-2002, 06:33 PM
Here are the wire frames.

chrissisco
07-23-2002, 06:38 PM
Wire frame rear.

Bjolletts
07-23-2002, 07:20 PM
Sweet, the mesh looks very clean nice.

Good work on materials too, maybe the rims can be tuned as mentioned.

Otherwise a very impressive piece of craftmanship !! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

alanMao
07-24-2002, 11:41 AM
man, you a good ! Great work!:applause:

Pegasus
07-24-2002, 03:11 PM
WOW. This looks real to me.

Shure - one of the best car renders I have ever seen!

Perfect Job! :thumbsup:

Well done :wavey:

Pegasus
07-24-2002, 03:14 PM
What kind of software do you use?

in fact the mesh looks beautifull

Pegasus

ToddD
07-24-2002, 03:17 PM
I like everything except the black windows. Superbly modeled.:)

illOgic
07-24-2002, 03:19 PM
wow....its really nice.

seppomatik
07-24-2002, 03:30 PM
wohoo!:buttrock:

bavarian engineering at itīs best! really nice model, but i have some crits. the tire-rim looks not original, too smooth.
also, the headlights should have a more reflevtive look. last but not least, the black windows look a little too "knight rider"-style, but i guess you didnīt model the interior, so thatīs ok for me ;)

overall, nice model!

:beer:

Synthetic Form
07-24-2002, 03:42 PM
Excellent. The mesh looks very nice and clean as said. ++ for you!

I dislike the windows however. Too dark. A subtle tint I think would look better (though seemingly with no interior I dont know how that'd look). I love the 323i so I really dig this model. :applause:

gfx
07-24-2002, 09:12 PM
I think your "kidney grilles" are too small - from what I see in the render, but in the wireframe it looks normal...???

Another thing are the tail lights, they look too bubbly and maybe slightly too big.

good work though :thumbsup:

Dr.Smart
07-25-2002, 10:32 AM
Cool work ..

WoWoW ..
It seems to be real !

chrissisco
07-25-2002, 04:02 PM
Hello All,

Thanks for all the input! Seeing from the responses I have received, I think I need to model the interior of the car!

I’m also going to put different rims on it as well. I was trying to build an exact replica of my car, but I put new rims on the vehicle and need to change the 3D model to reflect the real one. Hopefully I will have some time in the near future to put all your suggestions to good use and model the inside.

The soft ware I used was “3D Studio Max 4” and the hard ware “Pentium III 550 with 256 Megs of Ram”. The challenge I set forth was to create a realistic car in Max with out the use of any plugins and without using Photoshop for touch ups.

Thanks once again,

Chris Sisco

lildragon
02-07-2003, 12:55 AM
Digging up some of the classics, please send me a higher res image for the gallery ;)

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Keep it up amazing work bud!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_feb03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the .psd file

salud

xeno
02-07-2003, 12:56 AM
is this a photo or what! its looking pretty damn sweet!

chrissisco
02-10-2003, 06:16 PM
Thank you very much lildragon. I will be sending you some high res images soon.

xeno: thanks for the compliment.

Thanks once again!!!!!!!

Chris Sisco

nose
02-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Great work! Next step a 760i? ;) :p

chrissisco
03-10-2003, 04:06 AM
Nose: Thanks allot for the compliment, but I have to say you have one of the best images I have ever seen right below the words "lingerie salesman"!!!

Thanks Again!!!

Unwanted_Pain
03-10-2003, 06:32 AM
This is the same car you have on highend3d, no?

I know making an accurate car cn be a difficult, time consuming task.

I would like to mention some of the flaws in the modeling.
The car looks like it was made using the polygon smoothing technique, and as a result appears slightly "soft" and malformed.

The headlights are the wrong shape, as well as the kidney grills.

The body looks like it has dents in it.

This may sound harsh, but there are many positives about your model as well, I thouroughly enjoyed the tires, and the wheel arches.

Keep up the good work, and newxt time say it is a 330 so people
think you have more money.

ToddD
03-10-2003, 07:17 PM
Puulease. First off this is an old thread I forgot I even posted it's been soo long. Second, the car is well modeled! I love when someone new gives a harsh crit, let us see an example of what you can do, maybe then your crit would hold a little more water if you showed us an amazing car model of your own. Anyone can crit, but until you have the skill and knowledge of what it takes to create a model of this level, you come off sounding bitter, maybe jealous.:thumbsdow :annoyed:

nose
03-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by chrissisco
Nose: Thanks allot for the compliment, but I have to say you have one of the best images I have ever seen right below the words "lingerie salesman"!!!

Hahaha, yeah I heard that before, thanks! It was a advertisement in a local newspaper from a company looking for Java programmers. That's why the text "GetStringFromOjb()" is over it. I also liked it very much and that's why I made it as an avatar ;)

chrissisco
03-10-2003, 08:06 PM
Nose: don't ever change that picture!!!!!

Tbonz816: Thanks for the complements, and you took the words right out of my mouth. However if I had given a reply such as the one you gave I would have come off as one cocky son of a "###$#$" Thanks again!!!!!!!

Unwanted_Pain: Yes, it is the same car as the one on Highend 3d. You can also rip that one apart to if you would like!!!!!!! He He!!!!!

Duffman
03-10-2003, 09:08 PM
actually, I have to agree with Unwanted_Pain. :hmm:

The curved area below the headlights are just slightly off.
There's a bumpy area right around the taillights there, in fact the whole rear area around the license plate is a little off.
The door handles looks a little weak also.. too round, and no key holes!

But the one thing that really bugs me, is that you didn't make an interior! Opaque tinted windows can only go so far...

But hey, I know cars aren't easy to do right, I've been working on a BMW for the past few months. Oh well, nice job overall, good luck on your next projects.

ToddD
03-11-2003, 01:45 AM
Chrissisco, no problem man I know what it takes to make something like that that's why I replied. I'm not saying it's a perfect model, but come on guys seems like you're giving a harsh crit just to establish that you have the knowledge to create such a thing, and that you can do it better. Let's see what you've got. Thank you Siskel and Ebert!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

Duffman
03-11-2003, 02:34 AM
Well, I give critisism because it's helpful. I appreciate it when people tear my art pieces apart and let me know all the things I could improve on. It's much more helpful than "I like it"

And of course it doesn't mean the piece is bad at all. Didn't think it was such a touchy subject though. :shrug:

chrissisco
03-11-2003, 03:00 AM
To All,
I just want you guys to know that I do appreciate all the Crit's, whether good or bad. After all these posts are put here to help all of us to become better at whatever style of art we produce. However some of these crit's are inaccurate. I think it has to do with people comparing this model to an early BMW. Rather than the actual year, make and model I was reproducing. Like I said before Thanks for all your comments. I guess I will just have to build another car and see what type of responses I get then. Thanks again.

safout
08-12-2004, 04:34 PM
NIce man gO oN,,, :applause: :applause:

safout
08-12-2004, 11:44 PM
:eek: Very nice........:thumbsup:

cwikdahl
08-13-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm not very impressed by this... The model is not at all accurate, and it's very dented and blobby all over... Seems CG people are having hard times judging car models ;) Rating: Average.

JehutyVer2
09-19-2004, 07:10 AM
A few neg. points, I think you should move the actual headlamp lenses a bit further forward, and the kidney grille needs to be a bit bigger.

TETRAGRAMMATON
07-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Great work,great object,good external.
How long the rendering?

CGTalk Moderation
07-21-2005, 12:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.