PDA

View Full Version : GeForce4 with Softimage 3D | 3.9 (and 4.0)

rusky
07-23-2002, 02:24 PM
i'm using a Ge Force 4 ... with Xsi everything is ok.
with Softimage 3D (3.9 or 4.0) when i switch to one window full frame the my videocard starts to redraw all the objects !! step by step... and it's really hard. I'm using the detonator XP driver.
After this redraw the graphic is realy fast (wireframe and shading).

my system is:
P4 2 GigaHz
1 Giga Ram
Visiontek GeForce 4 64MB
Windows XP
Does anyone knows how to fix this problem ?
thanks

Atyss
07-23-2002, 02:49 PM
Most GeForce cards do that. I have a GeForce 2 and it does, and almost all people I know that use GeForce card (wathever serie) along with SI3D have this problem.

Softimage technical support once told me that Nvidia don't care about this problem. Maybe it is fixed in SI3D v4.

Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

rusky
07-23-2002, 03:48 PM
THEY DIDNT FIX IT .. :((
WITH SI 3D 4.0 always the same problem...
i dont know why they called 4.0 and not 3.9.3 !!!!
not so different between 3.9.2 and 4.0

by the way ... thanks

HapZungLam
07-25-2002, 01:38 AM
nonono, My TNT does that too.

HapZungLam
07-25-2002, 01:38 AM
nonono, My TNT does that too.

thomaspecht
07-25-2002, 09:28 AM
yes, i have encountered that too when running TNT2 and Geforce 3 cards. In general that SI port does not seem to really fit well on Windows. The only box I really enjoy SI3D on is it's native environment: SGI
thank god these machines are relatively affordable nowadays... :)

HapZungLam
07-25-2002, 07:47 PM
lol, aggree

rusky
07-25-2002, 10:10 PM
yep softimage 3D G.U.I. with Windows (nt, 2k, Xp) has serious problem !! with Irix and Indigo 2 i remember it was GREAT !!
if someone gave me 10 bucks each time i pressed SHIFT + R
to refresh the graphics... now i'll be millionaire !!
bye guys..

Paul L. Ming
07-25-2002, 11:48 PM
Hiya.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but maybe you should pay more attention to that little system requierment under the title of "Graphics Cards". It's there for a reasonl. It would be nice if SI3D could make use of any card. But it doesn't. It's custom interface is built around OpenGL implimentation (my guess anyway). A "game card" has different priorities and shortcuts built into it so that video games run fast and clean...but this frequently comes at a cost in other areas.

If you manage to get a "game card" running SI3D...more power to you! I had my ATI Radeon7200 running it just fine for a while...then, after upgrading the drivers and/or Windows2000 it doesn't work so well. ;) Hence, to finish the work I had to buy a new card that was certified and "not a game card" (I chose a 3DLabs Oxygen GVX1 Pro, btw). This card works like a charm!

rusky
07-26-2002, 10:07 AM
YES SIR !! :-)
that's is "sad but true" (like metallica song.. :p )
by the way... yep..
professional video cards are strongly suggested if you want
to use s.i.3d . but that g.u.i. problems still remain.. (SHIFT + R foreve !! ) i used softimage in many post production companies with many graphics cards.. A Wildcat 3000 too in win 2000.... and still some problems too...
i really miss my old indigo 2
:p

bye bye

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.