PDA

View Full Version : animation: Do you know what this means...?

posetopose
06-17-2004, 06:56 PM
www.greglemon.com/doYouKnow_v4.mov (http://www.greglemon.com/doYouKnow_v4.mov)

to do:

- make final adjustments to overall timing of body and face controls.

- animate fingers

- animate tongue

- massage head/neck animation (seems a bit floaty in parts, maybe just needs a few more breakdowns)

- smooth character

- render

Critiques and comments are heavily encouraged.

Enjoy!

Greg

Game-boi
06-18-2004, 03:56 PM
Hey Greg!

Great stuff! I love the sound bite. The only thing that you didn't mention on your to do list that I would tweak would be to have him crouch a little bit more on frame 183 and maybe bring up his left hand a little bit on 192. This way it give that motion a little bit more of a curve. The speed is there, but it looks a little too close to straight.

Granted, it's not on the animation side, but you should think about adding some sound effects to the clipboard hitting the floor.

Other than that, it's great. The throw down (early 200 frames) is especially fantastic! Don't touch it!

-Chris

rony
06-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Very nice especially the second part. The first part when he sais "do you know what this means" doesn't look as good on the lip sync part. It seems the lips are floating and he loses articulation and when he sais "means" I feel the mouth is opened more than it needs to. Also his left hand and fingers don't move at all. And correct me if I'm wrong, but around frame 260, there's a twitch in his left hand, possibly a switch from FK to IK?
I'm being very picky but it's a very good animation. Good job :applause:

kramer3d
06-28-2004, 02:08 AM
i have seen this happen in many animations....
At the end of the animation, remmember to give a nice face expression (as in keep the expressions exaggerated as they were before) and keep the level of body expressions the same as well.
If this doesnt happen, it will look like as if you were starting to get lazy at the end of the animation and the final product wont look very nice.
All other crits have already been posted :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.