PDA

View Full Version : Game Art Challenge #8 - Anubus

wowbaggin
06-17-2004, 04:33 PM
I'm going to try to model Anubus... I'll post stuff here when I can. Keen.

Lekku
06-17-2004, 09:25 PM
You forgot to say what he's from, in the thread title.

JaMo
06-18-2004, 03:31 PM
is that like an egyptian god or something?

AndyH
06-18-2004, 03:46 PM
Correct me if im wrong, but isnt it "Anubis"?

Gamoron
06-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Andy is correct.

but maybe its an egyptian god "bus".

:beer:

LordDubu
06-18-2004, 07:21 PM
Anubus is the lesser known egyptian god of heavy napping.

wowbaggin
06-29-2004, 01:45 AM
Yes, my spelling is atrocious... but not as bad as my modeling. Sheild your eyes!

http://www-scf.usc.edu/~sarnold/anubus01.jpg

Anyway, I've yet to add fingers, toes, or facial features... And I'm not really happy with any of it. I may start over. Man... I really should have started sooner. Anyway, this is my second character model, so any suggestions as far as where to start and how many sides the limbs should be composed of? (Hexagons? Octagons? I guess it depends on what kind of final poly count you're going for.)

Ah well. I finished my other thing so I'll probably put some good time into this over the next few days (especially since the end is approaching)

Johny
07-02-2004, 12:00 AM
i would remove meshsmooth right away :D

Dargon
07-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Anyway, I've yet to add fingers, toes, or facial features... And I'm not really happy with any of it. I may start over. Man... I really should have started sooner. Anyway, this is my second character model, so any suggestions as far as where to start and how many sides the limbs should be composed of? (Hexagons? Octagons? I guess it depends on what kind of final poly count you're going for.)

I usually go for Pentagons, or hexagons. Five sides is just barely enough to make it look round. Start with that, and split the polys to add definition from there. It's always better to be in a position to add, rather than have to take away.

Lekku
07-02-2004, 05:58 PM
Don't get discouraged. We've all been there. Are you using a reference image(s)? Try putting your reference on a plane behind the model, and cutting the mesh where you find folds and creases. Everyone has a different opinion, or a way they like to work, but I've always found it's easier for me to model low, then add polies in to raise the count, instead of starting high and optimizing way down. But, you just have to keep working at it, until you find your groove.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.