PDA

View Full Version : Search Engine issue, Keywords

TheEdge
06-17-2004, 02:03 PM
I love the search engine, its great....it kills another site I check occasionally. I get alot of the results I need and the option are useful. However I do have one issue, and maybe its something that was discussed earlier.

Under the length of keyword terms you have a minimum length of a 3 letter word. Normally thats fine but I find myself having issues searching for terms like 3d studio max, or cinema 4d, or for instance I was trying to find Maya 6 and Mental Ray to see if Maya 6 has a better translation now. Is it possible to allow a one/two letter word if its a key element like mentioned above? Maybe only allow it if the # of keywords is 2 or greater and at least one keyword is greater/= the length of 3?

leigh
06-18-2004, 12:42 AM
If you use an asterisk it works :)

TheEdge
06-22-2004, 10:38 PM
It sorta works but it doesnt because 3d* studio max considers 3d* three characters. If you type Maya 6* you'll error out.

Leonard
06-23-2004, 09:32 AM
I love the search engine, its great....it kills another site I check occasionally. I get alot of the results I need and the option are useful. However I do have one issue, and maybe its something that was discussed earlier.

Under the length of keyword terms you have a minimum length of a 3 letter word. Normally thats fine but I find myself having issues searching for terms like 3d studio max, or cinema 4d, or for instance I was trying to find Maya 6 and Mental Ray to see if Maya 6 has a better translation now. Is it possible to allow a one/two letter word if its a key element like mentioned above? Maybe only allow it if the # of keywords is 2 or greater and at least one keyword is greater/= the length of 3?
Just letting you know that I will look into this in due course, but may be unable to over the next couple of weeks as will be away.

Leo

0utlander
07-01-2004, 02:10 PM
hey im having similar issues ... i try to find information on "fur" and it wont let me casue of word limit... id be great if this feature could be dropped... even having 2 letter word limit could have issues...

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.