PDA

View Full Version : bevelling a single polygon

Funkyjuice
07-23-2002, 10:58 AM
I must be being totally thick... but (the immortal but)....

I cant seem to bevel from a single polygon (creating using pen)

Why? Ive reloaded the program incase im doing something wrong (LW 7.5)

Any thoughts or rants to tell me why im stupid appreciated
:surprised

Thanks

Cman
07-23-2002, 11:50 AM
Well, I hate to ask this, but did you use the bevel tool?

Or maybe I don't understand what you mean by bevel?

Funkyjuice
07-23-2002, 12:02 PM
certainly did... im stupid... but not quite that stupid 8)

Eugeny
07-23-2002, 12:02 PM
If your poly have more then 4 points, try to convert to tris (Shift+t) and use Smuth Shift for beveling.

Cgkoko
07-23-2002, 12:51 PM
:hmm: but it doesn't matter if it has more than 4 points....does it?:shrug: you mean that you press b and dragg to the viewport and nothing happens.....that sounds like a nightmare to me!!!

Cman
07-23-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Funkyjuice
certainly did... im stupid... but not quite that stupid 8)

Well then I certainly can't imagine what it could be. Does your mouse change into the bevel tool?

Post a few pics. :)

Eugeny
07-23-2002, 01:24 PM
Cgkoko- u are right, its dosen't metter for bevel tool how meny points in polygone, but some times (if u have lot of points) the polygone appear OK in wire and distorted in GL, in cases like this convert to tris will halp...

Funkyjuice - maybe try numeric tub of bevel... Also poste some pic of this.

Steve Warner
07-23-2002, 03:54 PM
Be sure to try Eugeny's comment on Smooth Shifting. Select your poly, press Shift-F, then right click making sure you don't move your mouse in the process. Press 't' and move the poly out. Then press 'H' to scale the new poly down. If Smooth Shift doesn't work, you've got a bigger problem than just the bevel tool.

Steve

tpe
07-24-2002, 11:48 AM
It sounds as if it is not a closed poly, select all the points individually and if one of them is actually 2 then weld (w) them. It could also be a curve not a poly in which case convert to a poly by using p.

tpe

Funkyjuice
07-26-2002, 06:44 PM
Sorry for the delay in response... but my connection has been down 3 days.... the problem i found out was for some unknown reason the software had said i had selected a single polygon (the one i wanted) but wasnt registering it for a bevel...

I cold started my machine and software and it finally worked..,.

Thanks for all the help tho...!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.