PDA

View Full Version : Class Project

FlexGiddy
06-17-2004, 03:46 AM
Well I think I'm finished....so here it is. Let me know what you think.
IMAGE (http://www.angelfire.com/art2/gonzalez/index.html)

Ed

elam
06-17-2004, 04:46 AM
That's pretty slick. Looks like a church.

You should texture it if you get a chance.

FlexGiddy
06-17-2004, 04:55 AM
Yeah it's a model of a church here in Pittsburgh. I'm going to when I get the chance but this class was 3d max modeling one.... So I kept my textures to a minimum because I wanted to concentrate on modeling. Eventually I plan to do the inside of it as well.

Ed

Digitals
06-17-2004, 07:08 AM
well what can i say its butiful very detailed :beer: heh but texturing will be a pain in the ass oh well good luck i would give you an A if i was your teacher :thumbsup:

gdimmrt
06-17-2004, 07:18 AM
that's a pretty nice model. Clean. I like clean.

FlexGiddy
06-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Thanks very much. I was wondering if there was anything that looked wrong with it or anything that I may be able to improve on. Like I said I think I done (for now) but I'm not sure.

Thanks again,
Ed

myklee
06-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Great work, man. The thing that really struck me about the image is that it really looks like a clay model sitting on a desk in your room or something. I kind of see it like it is really realistic, but at the same time, a model in the sense of something an architect would make or something like that. But all in all, good work. The only other thing I was wondering about is whether the foundation of the building is really completely flat or not.

Hansybear
06-17-2004, 03:11 PM
nice model
good luck with the texturing:thumbsup:

FlexGiddy
06-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Well I was thinking of using the 3d printers at my school so that I really do have a model... So I guess you could say that the image is a little foreshadowing of what my room will look like...lol I don't know. Anyway the foundation of that church really is flat the landscape around it was flatten when the church was built. There is though a little part on the other side of the church that is raised a little. I thought it looked a little strange but I just kept to the reference images that I had.

I'm expecting the texturing part to be a not so easy task but slowly but surely I'll get it done.

Ed

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.