PDA

View Full Version : Screen shot, c/c please...

idiot box
06-17-2004, 01:49 AM
Update:

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v297/idiot12345/screenshot2.jpg

I have updated it a little bit so far, added the 3 columns on the right to make it more fuller with a little texture and fire on the rooftops. Im still working on a way to make the face blen with the background and for the top left to be smoother.

Thanks.

C/C more then welcomed!

This is a screen shot of a website im working on.....

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v297/idiot12345/screenshot.jpg

tell me what you think, Thanks!

Ra1Der
06-17-2004, 07:07 AM
cant view page :(

idiot box
06-17-2004, 08:54 AM
I fixed it.

Ilikesoup
06-18-2004, 05:08 AM
Can you tell me what the website is for? The rooftop items look clear, but most other items, including the face with the red carpet sized tongue at right, look messy. Is that intentional? No offense, but it wouldn't hold my attention.

idiot box
06-18-2004, 06:50 AM
The site is just for my art work, so far you are the first to not like it, everyone else seems to so far.

But I appreciate your opinion, I just wish you woul have given me some more c/c cause I like getting better with my work.

Thanks.

Goliath
06-18-2004, 08:24 AM
well
i think atleast you should make the eye more interesting, something to catch the wievers attention.
cant really see whats going on the place it says "follow the leader" think u should post a fullsize screenie ;-)

personally i like it when the buttons are on top of the text box, so that if you have a smaller resolution than the page is made for, you dont have to scroll to the buttom. but its no biggie

and i think you should work out a way that looks interesting for the head to blend in with the blue. like wiers or hints of metal bit for futuristic look, or whatever you think looks nice

Ilikesoup
06-18-2004, 03:24 PM
I wasn't sure what the website's purpose was because a) It wasn't stated in your post, and b) There's no visual cues that would indicate that this is a portfolio site. The graphics are stuck to the field of blue but don't look united by style or subject matter. I assume that the buttons above "Follow the Leader" are for illustrations, 3d work, etc. but IMO they should be stacked vertically, and put the "coming soon" button at bottom. That way you have two solid vertical columns, one for buttons and the other for your News/Updates. Also, I'd prefer to see two or three thumbnails of your work as buttons for your illustrations, etc rather than the two-tone icons that you have now.

I've never designed a website and mine is just one man's opinion, but I think many people will decide in the first 10 seconds or so whether to explore your website or click to another. Try to make your best work as noticeable and as easy to access as possible.

idiot box
06-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Thanks, i'll most definetly make those changes. Appreciate it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.