Hope you like it.

Greetz
PRO

Rasper
06-17-2004, 12:09 AM
Great stuff!
Cool renders :bounce:

Final Toon rules.
You can really render nice stuff with it.

maitor
06-17-2004, 04:56 AM
nice model & nice render :)
wondering what reference you used ?!
neat

Digitals
06-17-2004, 06:06 AM
Wow i like very detailed i wish i was that good...or had a better comput but about your image i like it are you going to give it soom maps or textures if so keep up the good work:buttrock:

TIMTHESORCERER
06-17-2004, 10:44 AM
he used no "true" reference, ldraw creates bricks for you.

PROtecta
06-17-2004, 12:26 PM
regarding the reference matter...

http://www.protectacrew.de/show/wip/LEGO8453_WEB04_Parts.gif

I also used a original buildplan by Lego.

Greetz
PRO

yuchenpan
06-17-2004, 01:18 PM
:applause: :applause: One of the best toon image i've ever seen!very unique :thumbsup:

just wondering, what's LDraw software like, is it a Cad software? and what format did u use to import to max, sometimes when I import IGESwire format from Alias studio to max using IGES file, I too got those broken surface, it's driving me crazy! ANyway nice work!

iam4
06-17-2004, 05:39 PM
:thumbsup:
Look very good!
Want to know your exaggerate the machine?

maitor
06-17-2004, 06:26 PM
i c, well it's a very nice model, and i really like the attention given to the detail. :)
any idea what you are going to do next with it?

Dementor3D
06-17-2004, 07:01 PM
Great Picture :beer:

DrachenVFX
06-17-2004, 09:56 PM
That's a couple of really awesome renderings. The final toon really does so well in giving it that techincal drawing feel. Nice job on the rebuild in max, thats some nice clean geometry. Glad to see you recognize the difference and put in the time necessary.

I also think that the combination of final toon and final render really makes these images successful. Where I work we have Vray for global illumination and we recently got final toon to do some cell shaded stuff, but the two will not work together. Such a shame because your stuff looks so sweet!

MuzzzY
06-17-2004, 11:26 PM
good construction!!

ambas
06-18-2004, 01:22 AM
whoa good stuff! :thumbsup:

sempiternal
06-18-2004, 02:04 AM
:) yeah like everyone else has said so far, great render and model, i can't find anything to crit, really impresssed, just love the look of it. are you gonna do any more models??

PROtecta
06-18-2004, 01:52 PM
@yuchenpan

Yes, LDraw is some kind of CAD program. It's actually the GUI for a program called MLCad...not to mention it's for free.
I used an external LightwaveExporter to get the model from LDraw to a *.lw format, because all parts were exported separately. That's a big advantage in comparison to the *.3ds exporter who transforms the LDraw model to one single mesh.
After that I used PolyTrans to get the final and better 3ds-file.
It doesn't solve the flipped normals problem but it's easier to control.

@Dra(hen
I think there is no problem to get the same results with Vray and FinalToon. I used 2 layers to compose the renderings - one GI pass & one FinalToon pass. I combined them in PS and used an AlphaMask to adjust the colors.

http://www.protectacrew.de/show/wip/LEGO8453_WEB04_PS.gif

@all others

I'm not sure what to do next with it but I think a photoreal rendering would be next - at least the attempt would ;)

Will there be more models of this kind...quite sure!

Big thanx for your comments.

Greetz
PRO

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.