PDA

View Full Version : iPod,give it a chanse plz :D

Raksol
06-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Hi, what do you think? Made in Lightwave 7

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload6/iPod3000100010001.jpg

Aden
06-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Well im a long time viewer and never post :D hehe but i want to comment on this work cause no one has yet :P.

I must say the render is nice :D and its a great job so far, with a little work this could be great :D Try modeling it in parts... Like look at the iPOD and see it has two halfs... a top and bottom half. Look around these halfs, the detail in them, like headphone jacks, buttons and many others.

Look at these little details... do they have like as i would call extrusions with other objects in them (e.g a button would have a hole them button inside). The buttons can be made seperate to enable better texturing for text and things. Also look at head phone jack, you could model this in parts too.

Well i dont know if this will be any use its what i think in my head when i model things. I dont know why i posted i usualy dont but i wanted to help some one, cause i never get help come to me in real life. Im mayjor depressed right now because the girl i loved for like 3 years now doesnt want to be with me anymore and i love her to ****ing much.... my day just keeps getting worse, i needed just to help some one to make things feel better.

I hope it helps, and im sorry if it doesnt...

Good Luck

-Aden

ambas
06-16-2004, 08:46 PM
hey thats pretty good

except the wire looks kinda funky being all crooked and not smooth

BillSpradlin
06-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Soften your normals on the ear plugs, I can see the edges of the polys. Also I'm not sure what you used for the wires for the plugs, but if they are polygons you'll need to make that more dense as I can see the polys there as well. If they are NURBS, then you'll need to increase your tessellation so that they will render smooth.

I can also see the poly edges on the other object (not sure what it is) on the inside of the handle around the curve.

kay-sea
06-16-2004, 10:09 PM
not bad.

Although I am tired of seeing these type of models. It wouldn't hurt if people modeled something original ... or at least something that hasn't been created 1000 times before. I'm not singling you raksol but I am addressing it as a whole.

... also cars enough already

Raksol
06-16-2004, 10:15 PM
Thank you for all your answers! DidnŽt think I was gonna get any :P Altough I am a noob,and this is a professional forum but,thank you!! And I will be posting a update soon so stay tuned! ;)

/Raksol

Aden
06-16-2004, 10:31 PM
Kay-sea : Im sorry but i disagree with being tired of seeing same models, people new to the 3d world need to experiment making anything and everything they see. All part of the learning phase. Its not about what we want its about what they want to model and us helping them to understand there errors and help them to correct it and learn more in the 3d world.

Raskol : Looking forward to update :D ill check back for this post hehe i wanna see how you progress.... but i sugest posting in WIP forum hehe.

Raksol
06-16-2004, 11:42 PM
Okey,hereŽs an update :D Better huh?? Oops! Thought Í have posted in WIP :S can a moderator move it?? please?

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload6/iPod3.jpg

/Raksol

sikeman
06-17-2004, 12:09 AM
looks better, but your headphones cable is waaayyy too short! Also the metallic tone on iPod side isn't that reflective is it ?

here's a ref:

http://www.lojapple.pt/info_fabricantes/apple/ipod_imagens/ipod.jpg

Also you could probably try to tone down your light a bit, iPod is white, but not THAT white!

Aden
06-17-2004, 12:20 AM
Well i must say BIG improvment.... dont be afraid to bump up the polys, its gunna be a still not in game :D hehe, well as i was saying, big improvment the wire is getting better needs a bit more work and it seems to be refining more now :beer: hope to see more updates :)

Aden
06-17-2004, 12:31 AM
http://www.asystem.com.tw/product/images/ipod-920428.jpg

If that dint work The image (http://www.asystem.com.tw/product/images/ipod-920428.jpg)

It may be chinesse, Japanesse but its a good ref pic with this ref pic and the one sikeman found you can get a good view of what the ipod is like hope it helps

Good luck

-Aden

Raksol
06-17-2004, 02:11 PM
Okey guys,time for an update! :D The cable is still to short but, IŽll fix that later :P , but now the cable is the right thickness, the last one was way to big. Hope you like it!

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload6/iPod30001000100010001.jpg

Cpt. Jack
06-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Your headphone jack looks like it's over to the right. It should be dead center.
Also the iPod has a thick, clear plastic shell over the white part of the device, the scroll wheel and buttons are indented into this, that doeasn't really come across in your render.
Tighten the corners of your viewscreen, they're rounded but not that rounded.
And the headphone wires need to be about 5X longer.

Raksol
06-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Okey guys,time for an update! :D The cable is still to short but, IŽll fix that later :P , but now the cable is the right thickness, the last one was way to big. Hope you like it!

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload6/iPod30001000100010001.jpg

Hansybear
06-17-2004, 03:16 PM
really good!
The reflectiv epart is a bit dark.

Auctane
06-17-2004, 04:16 PM
That wire looks silly. I can see your square polys, did you sub patch?

Raksol
06-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Yes,i did subpatch it =(

Raksol
06-17-2004, 07:23 PM
Yes,i did subpatch it =(

Raksol
06-17-2004, 07:33 PM
Yes,i did subpatch it =(

LarsSon
06-17-2004, 07:45 PM
Sorry to say this, but don't we have the WIP forum for
this kind of threat? And then when we are finished we can
publish our works here.

-LarsSon-

Auctane
06-17-2004, 08:19 PM
I think you did it wrong, maybe you should subpatch it again.

AndrewE
06-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Personally LrasSon,

I have to agree, but yet disagree.

I love to see aspiring artist see something as finished, but have the ambition to continue on. So I love to see WIP on a "finished" model.

Anyways Raksol,

You must freeze your model, and subpatch again if need be.

Try...

Aden
06-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Right sorry i didnt reply :surprised

I woke up and noticed one error, look on the ref pics at the dock it seems to be centered in the middle of the metalic part, thiner but longer than your image:p work on that area a bit

Very nice to see it has improved so much since i last saw :buttrock:

You make me want an iPod :D hehe

Ne ways Good luck

-Aden

phillycheese81
06-18-2004, 02:38 AM
I pods are over priced, you can get more for less money and the same quality. the only thing you loose is the stupid calander/contact/game crap.

but as for your model... its looking better, maybe some specularity? and a reflection map to give it some depth.

Auctane
06-18-2004, 11:57 PM
now seriously, what is you subpatch level set at for render, 3?

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.