PDA

View Full Version : YEAH: Amination "Dancing Boss" with new music and sfx

Waywyn
06-16-2004, 03:11 PM
hello together,

i just wanted to post my new reference work.

tho i am a composer and sounddesigner but love to participate in this forum i think it's okay to put that into the 3D-section, because the music is not just music but connected with the animation itself :)

most of you guys maybe know the video, but for those who want to check it out with new sound and music i would be glad if you would take a look ... or a listen ;)
the whole band except guitar is sample library stuff ...

here are three different versions:

http://www.cellarroom.de/media/ani/yeah_boss_dancing.mpeg
http://www.cellarroom.de/media/ani/yeah_boss_dancing.mov
http://www.cellarroom.de/media/ani/yeah_boss_dancing.avi

have fun!!!

Dr. Ira Kane
06-16-2004, 04:19 PM
i think that it was much better with previous music, the new one isn't that good, however still nice.

Waywyn
06-16-2004, 04:28 PM
hmm matter of taste ... :)

... and what about the sound effects ? just collecting some critics and comments.

the music before was just the song: "see you later, alligator" so nothing special or unique really for the animation ... hmm

but thx anyway

Dr. Ira Kane
06-16-2004, 05:25 PM
to be honest i didn't notice any changes in the sound effects, i think they were already very good in the old version, i don't have the old one to compare. and about the music, the one "see you later, alligator" fits better to this animation, is more 'lively' if you know what i mean, the new one isn't just as funny as the old one, but that's only my opinion, let's wait what will others say.

Waywyn
06-16-2004, 06:27 PM
yeh, i hear you ...

it's hard to compare to an old version unless you do a AB comparison.

i did all sound effects complete new, except the last growl of the big boss. they liked it like it was, so i left it ...
in the old animation there was just three or four noises but in the new one, there is everything synched with noises, from the steps of the boss over the small little creatures. everything got it's noise and i think that makes the ambience better, even tho you don't hear noise clearly, like in movies etc.

about the old song, i think the feeling was a bit better, because i know that Vadim, the modeler did the animation over the "alligator" song, but the advantage now is, that the song is an individual one especially for the dancing boss animation. so for the guys who didn't see the animation with the old song, there shouldn't be anything negative i think or any difference. hope you understood what i mean, sometimes my english leaves me :)

Dr. Ira Kane
06-16-2004, 06:50 PM
overall was very good,making music especialy for animation is much better than using songs well known, but the first impression is always very strong that's why i remembered it so much. the whole animation is well composited, i mean the motion and sound, makes you play it several times and you're not bored, also the character is great. I noticed that you created the soundtrack with wery similar style to the old one and that's very good. I do not know much about creating music, but can notice if it's not well made ( i listen to music a lot, many types), and yours is good, so to sum it up i think you did a very good job.

Pengy300
06-16-2004, 07:46 PM
I really like the movement in this and the quick story works well. As far as the music is concerned it sounds like a sample of "Shake,Rattle & Roll" to me, if it isn't I apologize. If it is why not forget the sampling and come up with an original piece. I think the animation definately lends itself to some very creative music ideas.

Waywyn
06-16-2004, 07:54 PM
hey pengy and thanks for you comment:

first of all i wouldn't steal just a sample :)
all music and sfx are composed, arranged and recorded by me.

before this new song, there was "see you later alligator" under it and the maker of this animation applied the animation on the song. so he asked me if i could compose and arrange a simliar song so that the animation still fits to the new music.

the clue about my own new composed music for this animation is that i adjusted the room and reverb like it would be on a live recording from a jazzclub or whereever to get some more lively feel.

but to familiar feeling to other songs is because it's just a blues chord progression and there are millions of song, using this chord progression - maybe thats why you think i took a sample from another song ;)

Pengy300
06-16-2004, 08:16 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. there was no offense applied when I asked if it was sampled. Rap and hip hop guys do it all the time;)

Waywyn
06-16-2004, 08:35 PM
hehe yes, i didn't see it as an offense,

it is just like...hmm ... how to explain...

... imagine you are a professional painter and when you show your selfmade picture of a porsche to people, somebody comes along and says, that you just took a fotograph of a porsche on the street :) lol, i hope you understand the comparison :)

beausj
06-17-2004, 03:28 AM
very good!
what by rendering?
ths!

Waywyn
06-17-2004, 06:56 AM
hi beausj and thank you,

for questions about rendering or details about the movie in general you might want to visit: www.yeahthemovie.de (page is english)

i just did music and sfx, no clue about rendering and animation :D ... but i did read that it was made with brazil.

webhead
06-22-2004, 02:13 AM
I really like the animation in the clips I've seen from Yeah The Movie.
Is anything happening with it, or has production halted or what?
I haven't seen or heard anything recently.
I'd love to see some wires or nice renderings of the Girl and Boss.( If that
is the right name.)

Waywyn
06-22-2004, 06:42 AM
hoi webhead,

yes there wasn't an update for a long time, but i know that work didn't stop.
as you can see on the yeah-website there are already animations of the girl and i know that there will be the whole movie, but unfortunately i can't give an exact date. i just did the new sounds and music, so if you have more questions about it or want to know details it would be better to directly contact vadim :)

Tocpe
06-22-2004, 01:47 PM
I like the new animation. The music fits well with it.

Waywyn
06-24-2004, 07:42 AM
thanks, tocpe.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.