PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Hopper- crits needed

the_gibble
06-16-2004, 04:51 AM
I did a short animation that originally started out as a simple squash + stretch exercise. I added a few more shots to it though and it sort of evolved into a short piece [very short! Don't expect anything deep and meaningful here!] But critiques would be appreciated.
:: view it here :: (http://linklater.ca/hopper/)

Also, any other exercise ideas for this critter would really be appreciated. Thx.
http://linklater.ca/furball/furball.jpg

bawhabmw
06-16-2004, 02:03 PM
nice short. i liked it!
i think the squash and stretch was good but towards the middle to end it started to be a little bit much. maybe that was a certain look you were going for? I'm not sure. To me the guy started to loose his shape too much towards the end.

other than that, very qute and endearing.

liked it a lot.

//benno

posetopose
06-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I think he did lose his shape too much near the end.

Keep his volume in mind when you're squashing him...too much deformation and you'll have him looking like a water balloon with no internal structure.

For the record, I liked your previous "look" better, when it wasn't composited on a photoreal BG.

Cheers,

Greg

the_gibble
06-16-2004, 08:50 PM
Good points Greg & Ben, I think I am going to add a blendshape or two to give him better 'stretch' formations. Using a deformer got me 80-90% of where I needed to go but I think I'll have to add a bit more control from this point on. [it would have worked with a denser lattice but that would have made it trickier to control as well]

Thanks for the comments on the 'look' too Greg. I did like the original cardboard composit but I lost alot fo definition when I had the close-ups of the eyes- which is why I jumped to the photoreal BG.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.