PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Hammer Fight

KielFiggins
06-16-2004, 04:40 AM
An Ogre completely smashing the female hero with dual Hammers. Crits Always welcome.

http://www.3dfiggins.com/animations.php?m=107#107

cinefx007
06-18-2004, 10:56 AM
hey whats up i had you for VE @ FS saw the clip very nice , but it just seems to pop in the the action other than that very fluid , maybe a camera shake on tha last hit.

KielFiggins
06-18-2004, 06:45 PM
Glad to hear it man, though i dont know where the "pop" is in the animation? As for the camera shake still kinda in the air on that one. Im still trying to determine if that helps that animation or just helps the presentation?

Anybody got any words or advice on that?

tfall
06-24-2004, 07:43 PM
Not sure where the pop is either, I think it looks really good. The ogre is very fluid, and I like the dynamics of the woman as she hits the ground and is struck. Possibly the feet bounce a little too much, like they are very hard, but the head bounce is probably right.

The first step of the ogre looks wrong, though. It looks like the weight never shifts to the right foot or the weight was already there. The rest of the walk is good though.

- Terry

BumRigger
07-01-2004, 01:57 AM
Hey Kiel...

Looks cool, and I looked around at some of the other stuff on your site and thought that was great too.

The 'pop' that cinefx is referring to is in the right leg on the second impact, over about two frames it changes direction and there's not much reason for it.

The only other thing that looks a bit off to me is that she's beginning to pull her torso up before she has any support in the arms. The right hand looks planted, but the elbow is off the ground.

Still, very cool. And like I said the other stuff on the site looks sweet too.

bluemagicuk
07-02-2004, 07:30 AM
Very nice indeeed , i especially liked the mechanical quadruped.

KielFiggins
07-02-2004, 01:47 PM
gald you liked it, though i have to point out that the mechcanical vechicle is a triped (hoping thrid hind leg) the guy who modeled it would freak if i did. Never the less, its all good, thanks again.

bluemagicuk
07-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Sorry keil, ... triped, I made that post at 7:30am after an all nighter testing a Maya rig. Guess that scorpion tail like grabber looked like a 4th leg hehe

Really nice animations imo all very clean.

KielFiggins
07-02-2004, 06:58 PM
No biggie man, glad you liked it. Keep looking for updates. The Walker has been textured (reedcasey.com) by the same guy who built it, the animation/rig has been revised and updated, and soon might even be composited into live action. Im going to see about getting the textured vesion and the new animation together for the updated render for my site until then...

Michael Chen
07-03-2004, 02:11 AM
I wouldn't want to be that person :D

I think I saw an overlap (it's about half way through the movie). It's when the hammer is lying on the ground the small spike seems to sink through the ground.
Also the person's hand overlaps the ground about 2/3 of the way through the movie (right after the last hit from the hammer).
Probably that was your intention, I don't know :shrug:

Anyway the "animation" bit was superb from my point of view. :thumbsup:

KielFiggins
07-06-2004, 07:31 AM
Very keen eye man, im impressed. Your the second person (my self being the first) to see the hand go through the floor and the hammer going throw the ground. Those will be worked out over the next week or so, when i revise my animations again before demo reel.Thanks for the crits. Keep em coming.

DrAdamDinosaur
07-07-2004, 12:09 PM
nice peice, I think that when the girl is knocked to the ground she starts getting up fairly slowly. I think it might work better if she stays down a little longer and then try to get up quickly before getting slammed by the hammer.

KielFiggins
07-08-2004, 01:23 AM
Good call. There have been a lot of people mentioning the timing of that part of the sequence. So i will definatly be reworking it to see if there are any better solutions. Thanks for the crit.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.