PDA

View Full Version : needing critique

rstratton
06-16-2004, 02:58 AM
been working on and off, here and there for the past few days and would appreciate any advice that could be given...thanks

http://www.randystratton.com/10_sec.mov

-randy
email@randystratton.com

rstratton
06-18-2004, 03:30 PM
no criticism at all :surprised if its that bad i can take it

mkt
06-18-2004, 06:19 PM
the animation is pretty good esp. at the beginning but the way this is staged its hard to figure out who he's talking to and where he's going.

Mooncalf
06-20-2004, 07:24 AM
Hey Idigm,

I like your acting choices. :)

The thing that really stands out to me, though, is I don't really feel the weight of the character. I think that has a lot to do with his bent legs when his arms are around the rooster. (around the words "the problems of") If you try to squat and hold yourself in a position where your legs are that bent, you won't find it easy to maintain your balance--especially on roof like that. I'd either have him grasp the rooster tighter, for balance, or have him stand up straighter with his knees less bent so he is more centered in his gravity.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing the finished entry! :)

- M

rstratton
06-20-2004, 08:37 PM
thanks i will put this advice to good use and hopefully get a better animation, thanks again

-randy

rstratton
06-23-2004, 05:34 PM
updated the .mov file with what I think may be the final version but I would still appreciate any comments if you want to check it out, thanks
www.randystratton.com/10_sec.mov (http://www.randystratton.com/10_sec.mov)

-idigm
email@randystratton.com

KielFiggins
06-24-2004, 12:53 AM
His left hand snaps out when he say "dont amount to a hill..." and just stays there, point towards the horizon or make a "mound" gesture with his hand, try not to leave it static. Also if hes talking to the chicken, more eye contact to match the physical contact would work well. Also for nitpicking, the camera cut for the end is a bit predictable and offset. Prehaps as his hand makes the out gesture, you could just back the camera up to reveal most of the barn where the focus can still be the character and you wouldnt have to deal with a camera cut. Other then that, nice start.

EthanReitz
06-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Looks pretty good. The mood and lip sync and his attitude seem to fit the text.

Physically I don't buy that he is standing on this steeply slanted roof. If he could hook his heel over the peek somehow or as Mooncalf said hang on to the Rooster a bit more tightly. It kind of looks as if both feet could slide out from under him landing him squarely on his groin. This isn't bad tension to have but it's good to have the character aknowledge this danger physically.

Good luck with the 10second club comp :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.