PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Character - Neya

Luciero_Meliko
06-15-2004, 09:29 PM
This is Neya. Shes my second and first organic model I have ever done. Im currently working on a second girl which will be released soon I hope, work is eating up all the free time.

Inspiration was all the Final Fantasy works that have been done. Shes fully rigged with muscle deformations and hair particle and cloth dynamics are all animated but rendering is taking to long so it will be this picture for awhile.

Enjoy :-)

http://members.shaw.ca/martyb/NEYA_FINAL.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/martyb/NEYA_WIRE.jpg

Fox Mc Cloud
06-15-2004, 11:25 PM
What the heck ? no replies on this one ok then i do because you have done a
really good job on this one the only thing what is bugging me a bit is blury render
please do sharper one in 50% grey so so texture work could be seen a bit better
otherwise tasty model.

Greetz Fox Mc Cloud

gent_k
06-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Excellent model. The texturing is great, except for her skin(it looks too plastic). But it's still top notch work.

trison
06-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Great Work! I love it

fallencat
06-16-2004, 12:41 AM
really nice ;) match the same style as original..

Man
06-16-2004, 01:04 AM
very final fantasiesque

great modelling and texturing but the skin shader could be improved [as mentioned]

great work

Raventengu
06-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Very nice Great job!!!

Can we see more pic's :)

Keep up the great work

Alphonse_Elric
06-16-2004, 01:55 AM
hey martin

looks great man... i love it... there are tiny little issues that arnt even worth the trouble... o well.... by the way this is francois

:buttrock:

TraceR
06-16-2004, 02:14 AM
hey nice job, cool scence.:buttrock:

Stonepilot
06-16-2004, 02:33 AM
Its not to bad. Nice textures on the pants. I'm not crazy abou the face. The arms are a bit weak. The contour of the arms doesn't have much shape. Also the arm pit is deforming weird. I would work on the skin textures on the skin a bit more it doesn't appear to have the regular skin blemishes that people have.
The eye that is winking at the viewer although its okay the brown on top doesn't appear to have moved much.

An artist once said.
"people are stupid, when you're drawing to get the point across hit them over the head with it, meaning that if your chacracter is running don't just give the impression that he's running, make him look like he's life depend it on it. only than will people look at the drawing and say. Aaaaah that guy is running.

Over all nice composition. I like the fact that she's not right at the center but off to the side.

cycom
06-16-2004, 03:02 AM
Nice work man,. It's just like combination Yuna and Rikku in one..hehe..just wow :buttrock:

lesterc
06-16-2004, 03:19 AM
whhaaa crazzyyyyyyyyy :bowdown: :bowdown:

RockmanZero
06-16-2004, 03:42 AM
Now thats some professional work right there, I tell ya what.

Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmmm!

Good stuff MB! You're my hero!

animation-angel
06-16-2004, 03:42 AM
Hey Luciero_Meliko,

Real nice model. Looks like you put a lot of work into it. Your final fantasy style definetly comes through here. My only critique is that i would have liked to have seen the model in a more dynamic pose. Or if you want her to stand like that, maybe shift the weight. Also female final fantasy characters and female japanese characters in general can be quite "cutesy" and I see that you did that with Neya, but it would be nice to push it further to give the character more personality. :thumbsup:

Luciero_Meliko
06-16-2004, 04:04 AM
HEY EVERYONE! thanks for the replies , i really appreciate it. The skin without a doubt i will work on for my next model. *Animation Angel* i agree on the pose. When i was making her i wanted a straight simple yet interesting pose but now when i look back on her i definetly should of shifted her butt to the side or something haha....

Shaykai
06-16-2004, 04:36 AM
I think that the proportions need work (the legs mightbe too long, and the hands too small?) But i'm not sure. Great image though :)

Shaykai

WhItE CoFfEe
06-16-2004, 04:49 AM
Nice wallpaper! I'm saving it.

WANLOR
06-16-2004, 04:49 AM
"Luciero_Meliko" is that Japanese? Well anyways your knowledge of anime and FinalFantasy style definetly shows. Great syle! I love all the little details you added to the picture! I also love the fact that she has no bra. However could we please get high res boots? (and maybe more high res booty while you are at it ;)) Also as mentioned above do fix the winking brow. Overall, great stuff! :thumbsup:

Glam_World
06-16-2004, 05:01 AM
Hey Hun, yea I'm going to have to agree.. she needs some work on her skin BUT other than that i love it! Awesome job and keep it up! Sending love,

Megan :beer: :beer:

AndyH
06-16-2004, 09:44 AM
Wow! that looks like 'proper' final fantasy game art!
Very well done on the look - very nice design and colours.
Im currently working on a final fantasy style girl (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147294) in low poly - id appreciate feedback being as you certainly know what youre doing with this one!

I dont suppose youre from china / japan? Asian CG artists are very good at designing these kind of characters

Keep it up - hope to see more pics soon!

JOSICH
06-16-2004, 09:58 AM
WWOOOOWWW :eek:

Brutal :applause:

logistiks
06-16-2004, 01:16 PM
nice work! ;) crazy texturing job mate.

speedhorse
06-16-2004, 02:17 PM
good work & nice wire!!!

Luciero_Meliko
06-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Thanks a bunch for the feedbacks everyone .It inspires me to do a great job on my next girl.
and in regards to your question Andy H, im actually European, from Poland but live in Vancouver Canada, add me to your msn I would gladly give u feedback on your own ff model @ martyb@shaw.ca

:)

Kel Solaar
06-16-2004, 04:49 PM
Yeahh She is cut and the design is very close to the ff style!

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Roach
06-16-2004, 07:24 PM
Pretty good! Nice BG! But I think she should be carrying a chainsaw. Swords are so over used! Better yet an AEG…inside joke!

Roach
:buttrock:

fayin12
06-16-2004, 08:02 PM
hay man this is one hell of a job , this is great man i dont know what to say , this is cool , make some more :beer:

neversong
06-16-2004, 08:05 PM
nice work.

frameless
06-16-2004, 08:49 PM
yep really great work. very clean modelling :thumbsup:

Slater
06-17-2004, 03:30 AM
Nice work Martin, at first glance the still definately passes as the FF character style.

What have you got setup for an animation? Is all of the cloth and hair dynamic? If so...It would be awsome to see some ambient movement of her standing in the wind !

Can't wait to see more!

Luciero_Meliko
06-17-2004, 07:38 PM
HAHA Roach i totally agree with the chainsaw :beer:

Luciero_Meliko
06-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Thanks for feedback everyone :thumbsup:

Luciero_Meliko
06-17-2004, 07:40 PM
Thanks for feedback everyone :thumbsup:

QuantumPixel
06-17-2004, 07:44 PM
Hey good job,, when do we get to see animation I cant wait..
also cant wait to see the next one. bend those knees mang tilt thos hips lol... posing is super important.. lets see another pose.

Waaa Friends for ever.. ha ha . see ya at work.

Matthew Baldwin
www.3dref.com Resource Arkive..
www.farsightcg.com

QuantumPixel
06-17-2004, 07:45 PM
also cant wait to see the next one. bend those knees mang tilt thos hips lol... posing is super important.. lets see another pose.

Matthew Baldwin
www.farsightcg.com

QuantumPixel

Matthew Baldwin
www.farsightcg.com

QuantumPixel

Matthew Baldwin
www.farsightcg.com

QuantumPixel

Matthew Baldwin
www.farsightcg.com

Magic Butt
06-18-2004, 07:34 AM
hey Martin , good job la . This is Jimmy. like people said ; your body proportions are bit off. Your arm is short and your head is bit small, but overall it looks great, nice texturing job.

Hows everyone doing now?

Jimmy Chang

asugi13
06-22-2004, 03:38 AM
Hi... really nice looking model.... can I just ask as to what software you used? Coz i'm interested in how you generated the hair and cloth animations. I'm a fairly new 3ds max user and could really use some help in the hair and cloth departments.

woadiestyol
06-22-2004, 03:45 AM
She looks damn fine man, I love it. I definitely can't wait to see the animation, even if it is just an animation of her with some wind blowing around her hair and her clothes and stuff. Nice job!:bounce:

SoulsStrife
06-22-2004, 03:53 AM
thats amazing work there my friend, u are my idol lol

siye
06-22-2004, 04:27 AM
I love it!

Heber
06-22-2004, 05:17 AM
very nice work , pose is alittle stiff for my liking though ,

Luciero_Meliko
06-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Hey everyone, for those who were wondering which software i used it was Maya 6 w Syflex plug in and Photoshop CS for compositing.

xjgd4321
06-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Good work!Very like!

Beauty, lovely of young girl.Good poly technique!:cool:

Busterblues
06-24-2004, 08:41 PM
I like it!! :deal: :buttrock: :deal: :buttrock: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FishNose
10-08-2004, 08:24 PM
This girl (and everything she is wearing and carrying) is of course Poser stuff. All of it.

Is she good old Posette with one of the Jpanese Poser artists' head morphs, or a later standard Poser mesh, like DAZ' Vicki?
Is that the DAZ morphing sword?

This is no more an original creation thatn the other girl you posted recently. Sad.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.