PDA

View Full Version : PDF, EPS and Postscript import

jbengt
06-15-2004, 09:19 PM
I am developing a plugin that will import the graphic objects embedded in a Postscript, PDF or EPS document into Cinema 4D.

I am looking for users who might be interested in such a plugin. I am interested in expanding on the capabilities of the current Illustrator import, so I wouldn't mind hearing from folks who use this feature regularly.

Specifically, I am thinking about:
1) Finer control over the grouping of objects, such as the outlines of text to allow for easier extrusion, etc.
2) Selective import of embedded images.
3) Better stroking of lines and curves.
4) Proper treatment of filled areas, specifically the non-zero winding rule.
5) Object color?

JJ54
07-09-2004, 03:03 AM
Jon

This looks great!! I didn't know it was in any way possible to extract images from PDF files into C4D!! My expeiments with using Illustrator files have been less than spectacular :rolleyes: I would be very interested in this as I tend to "print" many things as PDF files.

/Jim

umblefugly
07-10-2004, 02:43 PM
1) Finer control over the grouping of objects, such as the outlines of text to allow for easier extrusion, etc.
5) Object color?

Id love to see these 2 implemented.
As for image extraction from .pdf files I usually just export the image/s from Acrobat Pro then import into C4D.

Good luck on the plugin and keep us posted! :thumbsup:

acmepixel
07-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Thanks for posting but put it in the general area. This area is for resources only, not questions.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.