PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Ed Le Ninja.

L.John
06-15-2004, 04:01 PM
http://gci.info.free.fr/raz/Ed_Ali.jpg

Hello there! I just finished my short! The story is about a Ninja and a bot that meet each other. Nothing more :)
This was done for school with 3dsmax 6/Cs 4/Combustion and Vegas for sound design stuff.
I used the default scanline renderer from max.
I Hope you will enjoy this one.

====HERE IS THE LINK==== (http://gci.info.free.fr/raz/Ed_Le_Ninja_DIVXWEB.avi)
File size: 10mo
Codec used: Divx 5.11

Take care!
John.

L.John
06-15-2004, 07:49 PM
God why is it always that hard to get an answer ? 120 views ffs 0 reply cant believe it :X damn ppl just give a few second of ur time and lemme know what u think of my work!! i feel like i did shit actually :)

Thanx Take care ;)
John

AFU
06-15-2004, 08:07 PM
ok man , i will reply, i like it overall had a good feel, good start to the animation world. now one quick trick u ned to learn. when tehy say ur never really standing still doesnt mean ur char has to always move, makes it unrealistic and too distracting. dont be afraid to use still poses when u need them, we do that. the backround needs something, poles from a dock something. and try to stay away from the classic box drop ending, its kinda weak on ur part. but very impressive if ur just starting. love the character.:applause: :applause: :applause: :thumbsup: :beer:

Pengy300
06-15-2004, 08:11 PM
Hey there I'm no expert but I'll give you my 2 cents worth. I like the characters I think they have appeal but the story and set are very weak. I find the gags are there for the sake of being there. The ending confused me, did the robot drop the box on him? 1 idea might be to have the ninja accidentally open the box containing the robot or maybe he was sent to steal the robot. The animation and music are great IMO although I found the whooshing sfx to be a little annoying by the end. Make a better story while keeping these aspects and I think you'll have a killer piece.

L.John
06-15-2004, 08:18 PM
haaaa there we go!!! some answers :) first of all thanx for replying and comentin.

To Afu: Well i cant say anythin else than "U are damn right!" I knew my character was movin a bit weird but wasnt able to figure out why! and obviously the problem is he simply moves too much :) This is kinda too late for me to change anythin as the deadline is on friday but i will probly improve it later for myself. And only to let u know, I started learning animation seriously this year. last year i mainly focused on modeling more than everythin else.

To Pengy300: i did a lot of work on the appeal of the characters so im glad that u like them so far :) About the story: the thing is that i really had a few time to do this. Like 8months or so. And i had some other works to do in the same time. Im not tryin to hide behind some lame excuses but i know my story is not the story of the year! I thought it was beter to improve my animation skillz before anythin else so i focused on it. And yes i have to admit i missed some idea for the story too :x.

Thanx again for ur tricks and comments

Cya around
John.

ps to Others: GOGO reply !! :buttrock:

PC-Junkie
06-15-2004, 11:55 PM
i liked it. vary nice cartoonie feel, and most of all it was entertaining, which is after all the point of animation right?

pic2230
06-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Really nice animation, had a good feel to it. My favorite part was the ninja run, looks good. Nice expressions on the robot to.

SweetBlood
06-16-2004, 02:22 AM
i think it was very nice work

i'm a student right now and i'm just starting to try to get the hang of animating, i wish i could get my stuff to move that well.

L.John
06-16-2004, 08:46 AM
Thx both always good to have such comments \o/

Take care !
John.

L.John
06-16-2004, 12:37 PM
!!!!Warning this is a flood message !!!!

Reply!!! \o\ Reply!!! /o/ Reply!!! \o/
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.