PDA

View Full Version : Environment: House/Street

Wout
06-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Here it is then, my first environment, perhaps not quite there yet but I'm gonna start with something new. Thanks to everyone who helped me out !
http://users.pandora.be/Wouttgh/Street_House.jpg

alexyork
06-15-2004, 03:13 PM
The texturing is excellent, but the image lacks a strong lighting scheme I think. You do have a key light in there, I can see the shadows being cast off the wheelbarrow, but it's perhaps not quite obvious enough. A little more contrast and a stronger, more obvious direction of light might make this stand out more. I'd also be tempted to desaturate it a little too. I love the shadow of the tree branches/leaves on the ground and building - nice and dynamic.

The spray paint job on the fence is a little distracting to my eye. Also you seem to have a strange arc line above the door, looks like a renderable spline to me :)

Otherwise, excellent stuff! Composition itself is strong.

Wout
06-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Hey there,

The spray paint job are actually posters/flyers :). And as for the spline above the door, well it's a spline above the door :), no it's supposed to be an electric wire just like the other one going to the lamp.

-cain-
06-15-2004, 05:12 PM
good work. i would like to see a mexican with a sumbraro sleeping next to the door. that would make it perfect:thumbsup:

JOSICH
06-15-2004, 05:37 PM
You are going for the very good way.

Good textures.;)

See you

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.