PDA

View Full Version : Users of Community3D.com -- Please Read.....

ACFred
01-31-2002, 12:42 PM
Hey folks.

I just want to thank those people who've found the Community 3D Private gallery useful for posting images here.

I do have a request, though, for all of those who use it currently or plan on using it in the future.
Please try to keep the file size of your image to a minimum. Not only for my sake, but also for the sake of people here on the board who have slower connections. Having to download a series of 300+ KB images only slows down everyone and takes up space on my hard drive -- although I'm not fearing that I'll fill up.

Just a gentle reminder.

If anyone has an idea on how I can make the service more useful, please let me know.

Thanks,

Alec
Community 3D
alec@community3d.com

Dragonius
01-31-2002, 02:59 PM
how do we see our private galleries? and how do we delete old images?

at some point that will be necessary i'm thinking...

ACFred
01-31-2002, 11:55 PM
Hey Dragonius,

Those are good points. I graduate at the end of march and will have much more time to put into implementation, but here's what I'm thinking and would like input:

1) User login - 1-time login in order to keep track and edit images.
Pros: People can add and remove images without my intervention and I'd be able to more quickly monitor usage.
Cons: One more login for people

2) Deleting old images -- I have an unofficial policy of deleting images after a month. I'm not sure if I'll actually stick to that, since these contests last longer than that. I'll not delete images for now unless the disk approaches capacity.

Anyway, I'll keep it short. Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Alec

Dragonius
02-01-2002, 02:15 AM
perhaps give people a limit of 20 images and have them cycle though the slots when they add more?

i'm guessing that the more prolific artists will have their own webspace...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.