PDA

View Full Version : Characther Studio : Motion Flow problems

Traker
06-15-2004, 08:30 AM
I have lets say 5 animations of stand,walk,crouch,run and jump all a a separate .bip file and all going in the forward direction
Does anyone knows why when i join/stich these animations with motion flow the characther seems to rotate and change direction as the animation flows?

There is no transition between them..the transition is set to 0 so all the animations have fixed frames.0-5 stand,0-10 walk,etc...

Is there any way to fix this other than the "Angle" option from the edit transition?..i want the characther to keep it`s normal forward state and just follow the keyframes stored in the bip files without any angle/direction change done by motion flow

I have looked at my animations and they all have rotation keyframes and the begging and at the end so it`s not a problem that he wouldn`t know how to rotate the model...i don`t understand why in motion flow the characther changes direction instead of going always forward.

Anyone had any of these problems?

Traker
06-27-2004, 05:05 PM
Still looking for an answer on this...anyone?:)

eliwolff
06-28-2004, 05:25 PM
Hey, I've had that same problem too.. as far as I can tell, it's a bug with CharStudio.. basically what happened for me at least, is when the center of gravity rotates for let's say the walk cycle, then when the motion flow loads into the crouch, it keeps the center of gravity rotated, even though you didn't animate the crouch that way.. very annoying.. the only way I found to fix it was to not rotate the center of gravity, but of course that makes your walks and runs look really stiff and fake..

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.