PDA

View Full Version : Apple releases new shake

pwhitlock
07-22-2002, 08:58 PM
Apple has put up the new Shake web site. The price for the OS X.2 version is $4,950 (with an annual maintenance fee of $1,199), while the price for the Linux, IRIX, and Windows versions is $9,900 (with an annual maintenance fee of $1,485). http://www.apple.com/shake/ :hmm:

Cman
07-22-2002, 09:09 PM
http://www.apple.com/shake/specs.html:
"Shake 2.5 for Linux, Irix and Windows is available for a suggested retail price of $9,900 (US) with annual maintenance of $1,485 (US). Existing Shake customers will be given the option to double the number of their existing licenses at no additional cost by migrating to Mac OS X.

*Shake 2.5 for Windows is available to existing Shake 2.46 Windows customers only."

moovieboy
07-22-2002, 09:29 PM
Damn, Apple is really playing hard and fast with this one. They're gonna p*ss off a whole lot of current Shake users, unless they're willing to jump over to the Mac ship.

But, for those who thought Apple was doing a major stab into Adobe's back can calm down... The $5,000 price tag aims it squarely at Combustion-level pro-sumers...

Still, as a mac guy, seeing any decent program drop 50% in price makes me smile...

Okay, it also makes me a little nervous, but whadda ya gonna do? :D

-Tom

Grey
07-23-2002, 06:52 AM
<----wonders how successfully Digital Domain is getting word out about NUKE...

anyone hear anymore about that blurb?

I only saw the first one, I'm curious how they're luring the shake crowd to nuke...

is Combustion ported to the Mac? (thought Discreet didn't do Macintosh)

Leonard
07-23-2002, 07:06 AM
Yes, Combustion is on Mac.

The new price of Shake on OS X truly competes with Combustion.

Exciting stuff!

:applause:

Leo

KayosIII
07-23-2002, 11:00 AM
Why do I get the feeling that this is only the beginning.....

Can't wait to see the faces when Microsoft buys out Adobe and kills off Photoshop on the Mac platform.....

Actually I hope that the guys on the ground using the products don't get too hurt out of this.... When Apple finds out that It doesn't do too well as an apps provider and decides to palm these companies off. (By that time shake might be dead)

beaker
07-23-2002, 08:05 PM
Well they are selling shake on linux/irix for the same exact price as before Apple bought them. So it really isn't that big of a deal. A large percentage of the users were allready on linux anyways.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.