PDA

View Full Version : Game Art Competition #8: Typhus - Games Workshop

Bigglzee
06-15-2004, 01:21 AM
Ok, this guy is REEEEALLY bad, like, "Im gunna destroy a world today and slaughter all the women and children and muate and kill and spread big deseases and flies and MUAHAHAHAHA and blah blah" bad:applause:

Heres a reference, Im gunna draw a concept so its easier to model...
http://store.us.games-workshop.com/games/40K/chaosspacemarines/catalog/images/Typhus_c.gif

Peace out Pestilent Homies:bowdown::drool::bowdown:

Bigglzee
06-15-2004, 03:52 AM
Heres the concept post, all Ive done so far:
http://home.netspeed.com.au/mcmillans/GAC8/scythe_cncpt.jpg

LordDubu
06-15-2004, 04:54 AM
LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR!!!

Dude, you already have my vote simply on subject choice.

I -love- LOVE 40k...

In fact, if you love 40K as much as I Do, see Chronicles of Riddick.... if you can sit through that movie and not notice that someone is a huge fan of games-workshop then you aren't paying attention.

LeeSalo
06-15-2004, 05:02 AM
dude what kind of referances do you have? i own the old and new choas codex's, i'll look for some shots of typhus

cheeers

Bigglzee
06-15-2004, 05:26 AM
Thanks alot guys:thumbsup: I love Warhammer as well, I have 5000 points of Death Gaurd (instead of a new car :P) so you can see why I chose this guy:buttrock:

Also, Lee thanks alot man, I appreciate the support! Although I do not have the Death Gaurd or EoT Codicies my local shop didnt have them so I am ordering them in, any help until then would be great.

For my first work posted on CGtalk, Im very happy with how this turned out, I started on this because it gets me in the mood (btw I did that concept:applause: and Im proud of myself) This is actually the second model ive ever attempted with a limit of over 1500 tris, so its gunna be nuts!

Ok well, heres the scythe, 450 approx tris
http://home.netspeed.com.au/mcmillans/GAC8/scythe_progress.jpg

Is it ok to have this on a seperate map? I read the rules and it didnt have anything about having more than one diffuse map, so I guess I cant, bugger.

P.S I will definately see Riddick, its not out in Australia yet so Ill catch it as soon as It does! Looks very yummy...

EDIT: oops its acyually arounf 450 tris, I was counting the polies :blush:

Bigglzee
06-15-2004, 07:34 AM
Progress: Done the UVW Map, 256x256 *.tga the body is gunna be 1024x1024 and its gunna have one alphamap, I dont need a normal map although I may make one when Im finishedm just for fun...

SOuNDSNC
06-15-2004, 02:53 PM
well, done, matches the concept that you drew almost exactly, the only thing is that it looks a tad flimsy for that huge mech.

Bigglzee
06-16-2004, 07:36 AM
:beer: cheers sound, Im gunna scale up the handle a bit probably

Progress: dont the feet, looking good so far :buttrock:

Bigglzee
06-17-2004, 09:58 AM
ok, heres the legs and a start on the body, nothin special I guess, but Im happy so far...

http://home.netspeed.com.au/mcmillans/GAC8/body_wip.jpg

he doesnt have lots of the bulk in the concept because his pose is not bunched up and he doesnt have his chunky ass weapons and shoulder pads:buttrock:

Lekku
06-18-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Bigglzee

Ok well, heres the scythe, 450 approx tris
Is it ok to have this on a seperate map? I read the rules and it didnt have anything about having more than one diffuse map, so I guess I cant, bugger.

P.S I will definately see Riddick, its not out in Australia yet so Ill catch it as soon as It does! Looks very yummy...

EDIT: oops its acyually arounf 450 tris, I was counting the polies :blush:

Sorry I didn't catch this sooner - I've been looking at all the pretty pictures! Anyway, try to keep it all on a single map. If there's a major outcry from everyone, I may allow a seperate, smaller map set for weapons and props.

Bigglzee
06-18-2004, 06:50 AM
Thanks lekku, ill keep that in mind:thumbsup:

Bartosz_Milicja
06-20-2004, 03:34 AM
lol i was thinking of entering a GW thing but im just to amature
*goes plays around in max some more*
Kasirkins Lead the Way!

Bigglzee
06-20-2004, 07:14 AM
BAH Kasrkin are pussies :wip:

Im very amateur too, just give it a go, even if you dont finish :thumbsup: and, Kasrkin arent evil :P

Bartosz_Milicja
06-20-2004, 07:08 PM
i know
i play IG
Ill see if i find something evil, if anyhting ill do a Necron
and DuBu, in COR, you talking about the guns w. the wide clips? =D

Paddy
06-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Sorry I didn't catch this sooner - I've been looking at all the pretty pictures! Anyway, try to keep it all on a single map. If there's a major outcry from everyone, I may allow a seperate, smaller map set for weapons and props.
Lekku,

I don't mean to be discourteous but I just want to question the one map rule. I'm no expert but I've mainly worked with console rather than PC's. On only one occaision have I ever been allowed to use one map for a character and that was when I was asked to re-do a load of characters for a PC OEM where the graphics card in question handled one big texture better. Other than that, for the last, oh 5 years, we've had to lead on the (heap of junk that is) PS2 which means we're generally limited to 128x128 with occaisionally upto 512x256 in extreme circumstances. Usually we have to texture over 5 or six maps especially if we're to mix and match body parts for variety. SO in my opinion limiting to 1 map is a bit unrealistic these days for the majority of developers.

I suppose you could suggest that PS3 and XBox2 will nullify this. I'm not so sure. XBox is a dream to work with and I'm sure XBox2 will blow away all our expectations. But if the public are any indication we'll again be having to lead on PS3 which judging by Sonys past efforts will not be the leap forward we expect.

Just my opinions.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.