PDA

View Full Version : character: Young Wolves In Love

Amadhi
06-14-2004, 05:19 PM
http://yerf.com/albetimo/bestfriends_sm.jpg

Character test for a project in development.

- Amadhi
http://KazeGhostWarrior.com

lac
06-14-2004, 05:46 PM
great work :)

Yakov
06-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Wow, for it being 3D and rendered as a cell shaded image, it looks excellent. The models look extremely well done and at first glance I thought it was an actual 2D cell. Good job!

J.K.Makowka
06-14-2004, 07:52 PM
Very well done, but sooooooooooooooooo cheasy :rolleyes:

The heart in the background is really too much.

GradiusCancer
06-14-2004, 11:01 PM
Holy crap! ya, I thought it was 2d, man that's nice! Memories of Balto. :)

DrachenVFX
06-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Very nice job. The poses of the wolves are very convincing. What cell shader are you using?

Amadhi
06-14-2004, 11:33 PM
I'm using the UnReal Extreme (http://webclub.kcom.ne.jp/mb/dhm/plugin.htm) cell shader. It's got the most robust engine and easiest to use interface of any cell-shader I've come across yet.

However... there are still many issues when you need to do the "Disney Line" and "tufts" which break the Silhouette, as with this project. (For the example above, the line-weight is controled by a specific Light's Incidence Angle.)

I've got a programmer working on some aspects of a cell-shader that would be able to quickly, accurately and easily generate the kind of look Traditional Animators take for granted.

I imagine I'll need to wait 'till development funds get solidified for this project before I can really focus programmers onto solving the issues. And I very much look forward to that day.

Complete render time for the wolf elements (at 4K 2.35:1 resolution,) was five minutes.

Posing took perhaps ten minutes.

I'm hoping to convince those people who can make the decisions that even though Traditional Animation may be a luxury in the times to come, that the look of beautifully drawn, emotive works that have all the richness and bredth of feeling-ranges that Traidional Animation affords can still be done, and done using "Micro-Budget" Production techniques... and all on "ones."

- Amadhi

Bigglzee
06-15-2004, 12:03 AM
:applause: Damn, thats awesome man, extremely Disney-esque

:thumbsup: keep it up

ehulser
06-18-2004, 09:06 PM
These renders are sick. Very nice work and I also thought it was 2d at first. Can we see wires? Sweet work. I swear that Kaze-Ghost Warrior is the best singlehanded 3d animation I've seen. I watch that trailer a lot for inspiriation. I was checkin through Borders the other day and saw the book about the production and had to get. Congrats all around man, and let me know when I can get the DVD.

Jeremyi
06-19-2004, 04:09 AM
Nice to see somthing differnt here
and something so well done ;) great job i love cell rendering:thumbsup:

danielkenobi
06-19-2004, 11:49 PM
:love: very nice pick :scream:
:banghead: everithink is soo pink but any who....... I mean way :D

costas
06-20-2004, 12:23 AM
:applause: keep up the good work bravo!

smogchild
06-20-2004, 07:02 AM
Brilliant!
:buttrock:
I would have to agree on the golden heart though..its a bit too much. The composition stands without it, specially from the fantastic pose and expression. If the golden heart is not a client request, I would consider using something else to fill the middleground!
Other than that - IT RULES! :drool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.