PDA

View Full Version : still: Philips Phone

Arcturus
06-14-2004, 02:34 AM
This was my original model I created earlier last year when i was initially learning LW. I just found it again recently and thought i'd patch it up a bit and add some better lighting. There are some model issues still present from learning the program but i'm not going to change that now. It's an old Philips phone with a monochrome screen, hope it's not too bad, the aim is photorealism.

http://www.markschumann.com/phone.jpg

otacon
06-14-2004, 05:41 AM
Looks pretty good to me.:thumbsup:

tomaa
06-14-2004, 07:01 AM
yeah, looks very cool, specially the metallic part... but there is something in the display... isn't a bit too shiny?

Arcturus
06-14-2004, 07:07 AM
The display has two parts - the actual screen which has a slight luminosity value, and the outer glass which is slightly reflective and transparent. The screen has a slight glow to it, which looks good with low lighting but appears strange in full light. I rendered this for someone else and they liked the glow better :)

killed
06-14-2004, 07:22 AM
Looks real to me. Great job!

UnlikelyCorny
06-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Let me ask for the wire, than others can discuss wether we are being tricked here.

WIRE PLEASE! ;)

Arcturus
06-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by UnlikelyCorny
Let me ask for the wire, than others can discuss wether we are being tricked here.

WIRE PLEASE! ;)

I guess i can take that as a compliment? :) Here's the wire, being my first few posts on this board i have to wait for moderation approval of all these posts so who knows when this will show up :)

http://www.markschumann.com/phone-wire.jpg

Arcturus
06-14-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by tomaa
yeah, looks very cool, specially the metallic part... but there is something in the display... isn't a bit too shiny?

Looks like i can finally post properly :) Yeah the screen is made up of the actual screen with some luminance and the glass cover which is transparent and slightly reflective. It has a glow applied to it which looks good in low-light but a little strange in that light. This render was actually done for someone else who liked the glow :)

UnlikelyCorny
06-14-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Arcturus
I guess i can take that as a compliment? :)

yes you can ;)

ya3
06-14-2004, 01:20 PM
that. is. a. brick.

nice model though :)
you got the photorealism right, and the metal looks superb :D

Arcturus
06-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by ya3
that. is. a. brick.

nice model though :)
you got the photorealism right, and the metal looks superb :D

heh thanks, as you can see by the date on the screen, it was modelled about a year ago, having purchased it about a year before that. I have it right now in front of me, only now there's no aerial, the whole thing's chipped and dented, and the battery life is halved (i should point out i'm still using it because the battery life was so good to begin with - 3 weeks).

Anyway, the mesh i posted isn't very clean as I was still learning the basics of LW.

lac
06-14-2004, 04:47 PM
wow, really cool man!

off: what does "superb" means? :rolleyes:

davhub
06-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Look at this mesh! :)

Very very nice! well done, I agree with others about the screen..
but as you said.. it depends on the overall lighting conditions..

the table / wood florr is nice and integrates smmothly..
thanks for posting!

:beer:

Davihub

Arcturus
06-15-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by lac
wow, really cool man!

off: what does "superb" means? :rolleyes:

Thanks lac, superb means "really really good" :p

dotzro
06-15-2004, 05:55 AM
It looks good to me too!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.