PDA

View Full Version : Intro to 3D Modeling

randyrives
06-13-2004, 04:37 PM
ANOUNCEMENT:

Eclectic Academy is offering an Intro to 3D Modeling class. The class will run for 6 weeks and will cover many

types of modeling skills. All students will receive a copy of Cinema 4D CE. C4D CE will be used in the class. The class

is for people that want to learn the basics of 3D modeling. This is a very inexpensive way to explorer the world of

3D. The cost of the class is only $20.00 and that includes C4D CE.
The class starts July 11th and enrollment ends July 7th.

Check the school out at http://www.eclecticacademy.com/index.html
Direct link to class description: http://www.eclecticacademy.com/newclasses.htm#3Dmodeling
click on the Enroll Now link to join the class.

Xtrude
06-14-2004, 02:54 AM
44 views and but no reply's?

Hey, I understand that most in this forum are pretty much beyond the intro to 3d stage, but man, are there not any noobs who would find this a cool thing?

You more advanced guys could endorse this, if just for the fact that this is a terrific way for a new user to get a licenced copy of C4D CE and get up to speed with just how great C4D is... :)

This is very cool IMHO, and go Randy go... I hope this brings new user's a running, and that their time learning C4D with you is a happy time filled with wonderful new creative talents realized :thumbsup:

Ollarin
06-14-2004, 03:04 AM
*Reads*
*Reads again*
*Faints*

Holy Muffin! This is awesome!! I'm thinking about signing up! O_O

EDIT: By the way, what are the timings, and how does the class work? *Sorry, not really taken an online course before:/*
And when does the course start?

randyrives
06-14-2004, 03:45 AM
Sorry for not including that info in the post. It is available at the website though.

The class will start July 11th and will run for 6 weeks. You must enroll for the class by July 7th. The class will be repeated for those that can not make this term.

The class will consits of 6 lessons (one for each week). The students will work through the lesson during the week and post any questions on the classes message board. The instructor will then answer the questions. Instructors are required to read the message boards at least 3 to 4 times a week, but most do this daily. Each student will post their homework assignments to their webpage (instructions for finding a host are available) and post a link in the class message board.

The cost is only $20.00 that is less than $4.00 dollars a week.

Admiral Ra - Hope to see you in the class.

Ollarin
06-14-2004, 04:00 AM
Sounds good! :thumbsup:

I'm going to ask Dad to sign me up today evening! :beer:

EDIT: Read intructions on the site. Answered my question.

Per-Anders
06-14-2004, 05:16 AM
it might be worth shifting this to the news section where you'll get more coverage.

randyrives
06-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the suggestion mdme_sadie. I will do that now.

Cybernut
06-15-2004, 03:28 AM
Hi Randy

I enrolled... please take it easy on me. Is there any chance of downloading the software before the class so I can start to play with it?

C

randyrives
06-15-2004, 11:36 AM
Cybernut - Thanks! I don't think the software is going to be available untill the class starts. I will have to check on this. When I get an answer I will let you know. I think it might be available after July 7th which is 4 days before class starts.

When I find out for sure, I will post here.

Cybernut
06-16-2004, 12:32 AM
Hi Randy

It would be nice if it was available... installation and getting used to the interface comes to mind. Push it if you can!

Cheers

C

solarundies
06-16-2004, 11:15 PM
I JUST enrolled......sounds great!!! and i was also wondering if there was anyway i could get the software before classes start?.......THANKS FOR POSTING THIS:scream:

randyrives
06-17-2004, 12:16 AM
solarundies - thanks! I am working on trying to arrange a download site for those already enrolled in class. But I am not sure if I am going to be able to swing it.

I am a newbie instructor there, so I don't carry much pull. But I am working on it.

Thanks!

ambas
06-17-2004, 02:08 AM
im gona take that class :thumbsup:
i gota clear my schedule first

Asyoo
06-26-2004, 02:53 AM
Very good,It is a pity that my English not so good

randyrives
06-26-2004, 02:01 PM
I am sure your english is better than my chinese!

Versus
06-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Hello,
I read the course description and it sounds very interesting. I know it is an intro class, but I was wondering if you had any thoughts on how far the class would go into the modeling process? I guess what I am trying to ask is what would be the most complicated model we would have to make? Thanks for your time and any info you can supply, I plan on trying to take the course if I can get the time.

randyrives
06-27-2004, 02:13 PM
Nothing to complicated. Here is the final project. The class covers modeling everything in the scene. So I guess the Tube of paint would be the most complicated. We also model a simple human eye in lesson 4.

http://www.rrives.com/c4dce/FinalProject_FinalRender.jpg

Goblin1
06-28-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm a noob to this and beginning with Lightwave 7.5

Is it usefull to join them in this class or could better follow a lightwave course?

Versus
06-28-2004, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the reply, that looks very good. I hope to sign up as soon as I know I will have the time.

randyrives
06-28-2004, 11:26 PM
Goblin1 - You get C4D CE free to use in the class. The methods of polygon modeling should relate to Lightwave. The tool names, and implementation of the tools I am sure are different, but you should be able to take what you learn and apply it to Lightwave.Will this course teach you how to use LW no, but I really think you will learn something, that will be worth the $20.00 dollars.

captain chapo
06-29-2004, 01:42 AM
hey what about us unfortunate souls on dial-up, i imagine C4D CE isn't a small download...Is there some other way for us to obtain it to take the class? thanks.

randyrives
06-29-2004, 03:28 AM
The program itself is about 5.5 megs while a large download, dial-up can be done. The manual is 12 megs though. The tutorial files that Maxon has is another 34 megs.

You only need the program file for the class.
But if you like we are making arrangement to burn and mail CD's for a very small charge ($4-$5 dollars US Only payable through pay-pal)

So it is up to you, but we will try and accomdate everyone.

ambas
07-03-2004, 01:14 AM
i am now enrolled

randyrives
07-03-2004, 01:55 AM
ambas - Thanks! Look forward to seeing you in class.

randyrives
07-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Tomorrow is the last day to enroll for the class (July 7).

http://www.eclecticacademy.com/newclasses.htm#3Dmodeling

adb
07-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Hi,

Cheeky question, do we get to keep and use the Cinema 4d software after we have completed the course :)

cheers

randyrives
07-06-2004, 04:24 PM
adb - yes, you get to keep the software.

adren@line
07-09-2004, 05:08 PM
I cant enroll anymore? :(

randyrives
07-10-2004, 12:28 AM
I think they are taking late enrollment. Try it, if it doesn't work post back here with your email address and I will see what I can do.

Cybernut
07-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Hi Randy

The classes start this Sunday and I haven't received the logon information. Did I miss something via email? I thought we were to be given a class to enrol by now and a download location so we could get used to the software... I'm starting to get a little nervous

randyrives
07-10-2004, 01:07 AM
I am suppose to get the enrollment list tomorrow and I will email you the classroom link and the the link to the software then. If for some reason I don't get the list, I have heard that admin sometimes don't get all the lists out till the day class start, send me a PM tomorrow, with your email address and I will see what I can do to get you the software.

Don't worry the school is legit, and I will make sure you get the software as soon as I can.

Ollarin
07-10-2004, 02:08 AM
I didn't get my email on the login information and links to the software too. :(

My friend didn't get it too. :shrug:

randyrives
07-10-2004, 02:30 AM
That is because they have not been sent out yet. As I said in my last post they will not go out until tomorrow. (July 10 )

Ollarin
07-10-2004, 03:50 AM
Ahhh...I see. Thank you! :)

It's already the 10th for me. So i guess, when it's the 11th for me. I'll get the information. :P

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.