PDA

View Full Version : Terregen: Paradise Lost

Keiyentai
06-13-2004, 08:03 AM
It's been a while since i have posted any work. Been busy but i made some Terregen renders when i had some time. Did this one elier tonight. Render time was 44 minutes or so. Tell me what you think. Still trying to pull stuff like this off in LW.
http://www.neospawngames.com/pics/paradiselost.jpg

Keiyentai
06-13-2004, 10:37 PM
Isent anyone going to comment or anything? If not I will take it down....

ambas
06-13-2004, 10:46 PM
the sky and the clouds look great. but i duno about the water. The texture onthe water is fine its the water close to the horizon that bugs me

JOSICH
06-13-2004, 11:35 PM
Beautyfull sunrise.

But i think that you can work more little the ireland texture. With this the image wins. :)

Good clouds.

Ciao

Dr. Ira Kane
06-14-2004, 12:09 AM
Sky looks very good, the light beams are to strong for me though, the water looks ok, but the land in the background looks the worst. Higher AA would help to (although i know it's very time consuming in this app, and not only this one :)). Overall looks quite nice.

Keiyentai
06-14-2004, 02:04 AM
Thank you for the comments. Unfortunatly unless you register terregen you only have 1 level of AA. I think I will rework the land though.

the sparky
06-14-2004, 02:45 AM
I would lower the brightness of the ambient light (I don't remember what they call it in Terragen). The back of that island is too bright.

Also, I find that a good solution to the 1 level of AA thing, is to render large, and apply a little bit of blur in photoshop, and then shrink it down a bit. It'll look smoother.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.