PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Roof terrace

AndersSundqvist
06-13-2004, 12:27 AM
Hey everyone.

Made with 3ds max 6.0 och Photoshop. Rendered with the defualt scanline renderer.

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload6/final.jpg

Elie
06-13-2004, 01:19 AM
You have alot of good things going on here. I really like your ideas and your attempt to recreate such a beautiful scene.

The only critiques I can offer are:

The leaf ropes around every other pillar are a bit flat, they seem almost like a ribbon with a slight green texture.

Also, if you were hoping to make this terrace to seem HUGE, it's hard to tell where the terrace ends, or even get a good picture of where the railing/fencing is going and ending, which is deminishing the overall vastness of this beautiful work.

Keep up the good work!

- Elie

jcbray
06-13-2004, 06:04 AM
i agree about the vines wrapping around the columns, very flat - also, there's no apparant sourse for them, they seem to grow out of the flagstones. It also seems odd that they only grow on every second column.

Other than that, really nice. The broken stone is a nice detail, though you might want to expand on that idea. Because that hasn't been removed, it suggests the place is in disrepair perhaps. Maybe add some leaf-litter and dirty the place up a little.

Last thing; you've got a cloudy sky, ou might like to soften the light, as it is, looks a little too strong for the sky you've created.

Cheers.

grid_crawler
06-13-2004, 08:21 AM
I agree with the other.
Great looking scene.

The plants around the columns look out of place.
I try and not push my own ideas on other people but
i can't resist. I'd get rid of them and go with some potted plants.
IMO that would server this scene better.

I do have one question for you.
Are the floor just a plane or modeled tiles?

AndersSundqvist
06-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks a lot you all.

I've rendered it all in passes so it's just 4 clicks in Photshop and those damn plants are gone. ;)

I might try the potted plants idea.

I modelled the floor tiles. I first set them up as a grid and then messed them up a little.

Elie
06-13-2004, 04:51 PM
One more thing, are you going for an instance shot? If so, then your picture looks fine. If not, the chunk of the cieling is needs fixing, because if it falls, it's not going to just stand on it's edge. Even if it's standing on that small ledge, then it must have hit the pillar on the way down, therefore you'll need scratching on the pillar.

Also, when debris falls like that, it's not a few big pieces, it's a good measure of white dust, cedement and smaller chunks, all alongside the big piece.

Hope this helps :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.