PDA

View Full Version : character: character body WIP

InfamousChris
06-12-2004, 06:36 PM
this is a character im working on for my demo reel..i assume the anatomy is probly incorrect compared to real life..but i dont intend to model every detail in..hopefully i can fix some things with textures because i plan on having him armoured up

any comments or crits are welcome..thanx

http://www.cdis.org/~chris_v/body_test.jpg

damageINC
06-13-2004, 04:34 AM
I really like the style of the head.......and for the most part, the physique looks spot on. I'm still trying to get a grip on making the body for my current ptoject. About the only thing I'd say to change are the abs......either they are too high up (which I think is the case), or the space under them to the bottom of the groin is too large. Good work, though.

InfamousChris
06-13-2004, 06:21 AM
thanx for the feedback..it's good to know other ppl are liking the look of it..i'll see what i can do about the groin area and see if i can fix that problem with the space being to long..but thanx

Tahl'eN
06-13-2004, 12:37 PM
It's a good start, and it's a little of both: the abs are too high, and there's a little too much space below them. Doesn't help that the poor guy has no package either. He also seems a little swaybacked--like he's pushing his hips back and the lower end of his ribcage forward.
His eyes may be a little high on his head, too. Though it might be the angle.

Keep it up, and remember that having a good base makes adding to it that much easier.

InfamousChris
06-13-2004, 07:59 PM
ah..thanx again for more feedback..i tried lowering the abs a bit and making the space between the bottom of the abs and the bottom of the groin area not so large..as for the eyes..i think its just the angle i believe..i'll post other renders..but i have them placed roughly in the middle of the head[from top to bottom]

i'll post some new updated renders soon..

thanx again

jrwells
06-14-2004, 04:36 AM
The upper portion looks great, I really like the style you have added to the head, it looks like it has more character than many models I have seen.

I think the biggest problem so far is how low the hips are. In this picture you have the oblique muscles (love handles) below the third layer of ab muscles, which I see as a problem. I might be wrong about this, but it looks off to me, like the torso is too elongated.

InfamousChris
06-14-2004, 08:00 AM
thanks for the new feedback..now that i look at it..i think that your right..the love handles probly are a bit low..im going to move them up and do a test render to see how they look

and im glad your feeling the look of the head..always good to know ppl are liking the look

i'll post an update soon..if i can get some more feedback on the new one..that'd be great

Stahlberg
06-14-2004, 09:44 AM
The pecs seem to droop too low before the armpits, I think they'd be stretched a bit higher in this pose. The clavicle should maybe be straighter from this pov, not so concave. Good start.

InfamousChris
06-14-2004, 08:21 PM
thanks for the feedback stahlberg, now that i look at it some more..your right about the collar bone there..it is too concave...i'll try to bring it out and up a little..and i'll try to bring the pecs out a bit as well..and see how it looks..i'll post new pics soon..just gotta wait to get back to school..

haha

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.