PDA

View Full Version : Character Monologue...

paul k.
06-12-2004, 05:43 PM
OK so here is my first WIP on the forum, It is a scene from Amadeus, 20seconds long. It took me about 50 hours or so. It's still a work in progress so I just rendered it as an Open GL test.

Please forgive the sound, it is a little funky because I was trying to keep the size down. It was modeled and set up in Lightwave and then animated in Motionbuilder. The eyes are a little hard to read but that will be corrected when I do the final render. Also some of the deformations of the shoulders and arm pits will be corrected when it's time for final render. I hope you all like it. Please let me know what you think.

Also thanks to Howard M. for hosting the file.

Here ya go. 4.5 megs. zipped.
See Later Post.

mkt
06-12-2004, 06:22 PM
very nice character design and modeling!

Acting choices seem a bit puzzling though. the gestures aren't expressing very well - it all looks kind of random. I'd suggest acting this out a lot more, focus on the motivation and thought behind the words - then post just the blocking.

you have everything going but the 'acting'.

FLX
06-13-2004, 12:21 AM
i agree with mkt. at one point, toward the middle, the jestures started to make some sense, then u just started repeating motions. there also needs to be a bit more movement if you want it to be more dramatic... a step to the left, a turn to the right... the character comming forwar or leaning.
but it is not too bad over all

paul k.
06-22-2004, 11:27 PM
Hey guys,

here is the update as promised any feedback that you may have would be very appreciated.

As for the comments, In the different forums I posted the original animation in the general consensus was that it
1 felt to pose to pose, and as a result lacked a bit of life.
2 the lip sync needed more defenition and exageration.
3 the hands and arms felt too much like IK and seemed to hang in the air at times

I think I have corrected most of this I still need to animate the eyes moving, especially when he says " Torture " and looks towards the sky, in the final version his eyes will look up. Other than that it is pretty much there unless I am missing something. Thanks.\\Here ya go//...

www.theobject.net/margol/2ndpaul.zip

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.