PDA

View Full Version : character : demon

Skjoldbroder
06-12-2004, 05:43 PM
i posted this on zbrushcentral as well, so some might've seen it already. it's a zbrush model, roughly at 1.5 million polys. the background colouring is done in photoshop and i've touched up a few things, added a little more contrast, etc.

also, i'm on a laptop, so my colour correction might not be optimal, but i hope you enjoy it anyways. :)

http://www.skjoldbroder.dk/gfx/models/daemon3.jpg

http://www.skjoldbroder.dk/gfx/models/daemon2.jpg

http://www.skjoldbroder.dk/gfx/models/daemon1.jpg

all the best
/plaf

RhyderKey
06-12-2004, 05:48 PM
That is .... i dont know what to say, ist great its super its its....

Words sometimes fail me

xjgd4321
06-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Very fine model::thumbsup:
Be in need ofs point angry

Skjoldbroder
06-13-2004, 09:43 AM
thanks!
im not sure what this means, but i'll just leave it i think :)

Be in need ofs point angry

/plaf

nendo_3d
06-13-2004, 11:50 AM
i like it. its looks alot like ifrit from final fantasy. :thumbsup:

Skjoldbroder
06-14-2004, 07:56 AM
you're right, it does actually (now that i've looked him up on the internet and seen who he is).
You're not the first to say that, either. hmm. and i HAVE actually played final fantasy X so I guess I should know what he looks like. oh well. so much for long-term memory. I guess it just shows that the square concept designers / japanese style concepts have made a lasting impact or something, cause I sure like big appendages like that :)

- the head obviously has a little balrog influence - but then again, the balrog is a pretty classic demon really, isn't he?

Da3X
06-14-2004, 02:16 PM
That's one of the few ZBrush-models that actualy shows some creativity! I like it. But as with all ZBrush stuff around you should try to smooth some things off. People tend to bump their models to much with ZBrush... especially the lower legs are to confusing to me.
:wavey:

Skjoldbroder
06-14-2004, 10:46 PM
thanks! and you're right, dude. i've been thinking about animating him as well, particularly how i'd do a walk cycle with those f***ed-up legs. i'd probably be wise to just go back and change them, but i'm not sure i can be bothered now =) might as well move on to something new and more shiny.

look, a 50p coin!!!

neverman
06-14-2004, 11:09 PM
The origional geometry, the initial stage after the Zbubble, looks like it has alot more insight into the anatomy than the final piece at some places like the toe nails and the inside of the upper leg. Other places it transitioned well like in the area around the joint for the wing (is it a wing?) bone and the back.

It also seems to me that some of the detail could have been more unique. It all looks very similar like it had a texture bucket dtopped on it when various accent textures unique to different parts of the body could have created a better flow around the body. IE scales from the feet to the knees fading out to skin then a touch of scale on the knuckles but no where else - this would show scales where it needed armor for clawing or stomping or whatever. Then the course bumps on its back like a build up for elemental wear - sun snow whatever. It looks like you did this in some places but it would be nicer to see it more pronounced.

Well good study in any case - keep it up.

Skjoldbroder
06-15-2004, 08:07 AM
It all looks very similar like it had a texture bucket dtopped on it when various accent textures unique to different parts of the body could have created a better flow around the body.

you're not far off the mark here. i must admit , for this one all i was interested in was learning how the detail tools in Z work, so I didn't put any thought what so ever into the things you mention, I actually just used the same detailing tools all over the mesh (to some degree or other). ahem. now i'm feeling a little ashamed *blushing*

so!

i'll put more work into the correlation between texture, details and logical distribution of details in the next study. I'm glad you pointed it out mate, it's a constructive thing I can work on, so thanks!! :)

all the best
/plaf

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.