PDA

View Full Version : short anim fx shot

amckay
01-31-2002, 08:28 AM
hoy hoy, this is a few weeks old now but I'm about to get back onto work now and work on finishing it up. Figure any feedback I can get would be great, I've got a few things to do to it like camera shake and rain falling on the camera ect.

It's for a short I'm working on in my spare time, I've got two more shots to do for it before it probably goes into limbo, but I'm going to try and finish it :)

I think it requires divx to play, so www.divx.com if you need a codec.

http://www.3dluvr.com/machette/VIDEO/rising.avi

woop!

Taoizm
01-31-2002, 08:14 PM
I love it when stuff blows up and falls over. :) This is a really good piece. The only crit that I have is a lack of debris when the pillars crack in half. There is no debris from the crack. Pleanty from the ground, but it leaves a hole in the dirt. (I wonder if that only makes sense to me?) :D Add some dust or rock fragments in there to dirty it up, and I think you can call it a wrap.

Kaos
05-16-2002, 09:27 AM
very nice indeed....... the pillars, while falling seem like they will bounce off each other for some reason......................... but then they don't... they break........

hypercube
05-16-2002, 10:43 AM
very cool! I agree there should be some extra debris from the column hits..also perhaps a bit less rebound or rocking after the fall, makes the pillars feel less than heavy. Might be nice if the rock were a little darker/rougher as well.

The rest is badass though. dig the grass and rain..is that some kind of 'thing' in the fire that roars overhead? almost seems sentient.

extremely cool stuff. love to see more.

powerwave3d
05-16-2002, 11:25 PM
Inspiring:) keep it up

Kirt
05-17-2002, 10:19 AM
:thumbsup: Cool! But, what is exactly making the pillars fall over? The firestorm hits after they are already on the ground. Earthquake? I don't see the ground moving, the grass moves in the wind ... but nothing else.

Also, the third pillar back on the right has a top that seems to jump off on it's own free will. I saw it on the second or third playback and it kept bugging me after that.

Freakin' A-some firestorm and flying chunks of rock!!

:buttrock: MORE! :buttrock:

JoBbE
05-17-2002, 11:03 AM
great shot, will you post the url to the final movie when it's done?
-> the shot roxx :buttrock:

amckay
05-17-2002, 11:11 AM
Hey Guys! Thanks for the response! Only took 4-5 months to get some reply's ;)

Like everything else I haven't had a chance to do any more work on it lately unfortunantly, I've been busy working on a couple of feature films around Sydney and the rest of Australia so I had to put the project on hold, although I'm looking forward to getting back on it.

Kirt, in regard to your message, it's not an earth quake, I know this scene kind of hard to tell since this is a shot in the middle of the whole short, but it's kind of all conjured up chaos from a character who's summoning a demon (a bit clich`e I know).

check out www.3dluvr.com/machette/ for some of the other stuff I've been working on, and I'll keep you guys posted :)

Allan McKay
http://www.3dluvr.com/machette/

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.