PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: F2004 Ferrari

TLovett
06-11-2004, 10:54 PM
Hi everyone,

This is one of my first posts and also my first 3D project:

Lowpoly, Ferrari F1

I used MAYA & metalray for modeling and Photoshop for textures.
Feel free to give me advise

Sorry, but I don't know how to put images straight into the posts (and I didn't want to give you a 20Kb thumbnail) so I've linked to the image...

Here -> http://www.timlovett.net/3D.htm

Cheers

tomaa
06-14-2004, 08:43 PM
I think it's way too round in the front, and the side "bumber" is too long, don't you think?

the back- and frontwings need more detail, they are not only one piece...

sorry to say, this looks like a ferrari, but not the 2004...

but I do like the way you present it.. nice wire... post some colored pictures...

would like to see them, it is easier to find "mistakes" when you make it shiny and colored

tyio
07-02-2004, 07:31 PM
hi man,

the car doesn't look enough accurate, take a look on my portfolio, you'll find good clossup, which made some post whit some expert ;)

RmachucaA
07-02-2004, 07:54 PM
Based on the little wires i saw, theres a TON of wasted polys, shape is all wrong, it's not accurate at all.... even the width of the tires look off.... did you use any blueprints?

flewp
07-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Shape is completely wrong. You really need to look at more reference photos, and quite possibly, start over.

Air intake (the engine air intake box, not the radiator intake) is completely wrong. It is way too small.

The radiator intakes are off in shape too. Your's are more squared, whereas the real F2004 has a distinct shape to them. You're also lacking either gills or chimneys for the radiators.

It also appears you're lacking the periscope exhaust.

Engine cover is the wrong profile. Also, it should come to a thin trailing edge. Your's is too rounded.

In fact, I would say that overall the whole design of the car is too rounded.

TLovett
07-15-2004, 06:54 AM
Thanks for all your crits,

No, I didnt use any reference photos or blueprints,
I just wanted to try model something in 3D (first project).
Yeh, it is way way too rounded and the overall shape is
wrong. I basically modeled it using mental pictures
from f1 races and various sites, so thats probably why it
looks hardly like the real '2004'....ohwell, it was still fun
to do and i've sorta worked out how to use maya......
...kinda.

do you guys know any where I can get blueprints of cars and stuff?

Thanks again for your replies.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.