PDA

View Full Version : Realism: solitaire & awale game

Tazintosh
06-11-2004, 03:35 PM
Hello,
Another finished work. Made on Cinema 4D, hope you'll like it. Any comments are welcome.

http://tazintosh.free.fr/posts/Jeux_final.jpg

You can take a look at the "making of" just here:
Making of (http://tazintosh.free.fr/jeux/)

Gohann
06-11-2004, 04:42 PM
I like it, but the bench is too small. unless it's a childs bench.

francescaluce
06-11-2004, 04:59 PM
well.. the wood is terrible good, like the inlay.

ciao
francesca

4saken
06-11-2004, 05:17 PM
damn, this is some incredible work you got there. I dont understand why only one person replied so far.
the first two pics are definetly frontpage material in my opinion

Avenger_CG
06-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Wow this is amazing work... The texturing is superb. I really love that top shot. The detail in the wood is amazing... It is soo photo realistic and very well composited. The only crit i would have is on that second shot. That bucket on the ground just doesnt look quite right and the bench looks a little to worn out. But other than that awsome work! Keep it up!

All the best,
Avenger

OberonX
06-11-2004, 05:27 PM
The wood is very nice; is that a relief map, or is the carving actually modeled?

I would have expected the marbles to be a bit shinier, and the depth-of-field is a bit strong, but there's very little to criticize with these. I thought Mancala only had 2 rows of 6 holes on the board, not 4 rows, but maybe this is a variation I haven't heard of.

Good stuff!
:thumbsup:

Tazintosh
06-11-2004, 05:34 PM
OberonX, I've made a displacement map to create carving.
And you're right saying this is a "variation" of Mancala. We call this in french an "Awalé" and this one is double (it really exist).

4saken, I really appreciate your comment but I don't think I'm so good :cry: :)
Thank you very much to all other for your comments. This will help me.

-cain-
06-11-2004, 05:39 PM
looks cool

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.