PDA

View Full Version : Critique my character plz!

Bakedpotato
06-11-2004, 09:07 AM
Hey guys, this is my first post here. I'm in my second year at AI Burnaby. This is an early pic of one of the characters for my demo.
More details on it to come!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid121/pcaf59fe94accb62609e241be7ae28d84/f8515cec.jpg.orig.jpg

Ilikesoup
06-11-2004, 05:21 PM
ImageStation.com won't let me view the image. Sez I'm "trying to access an image from outside of ImageStation.com."

Anyway, it's hard to critique your figure because without a head I'm not sure the age of this woman. The legs look too long, the shins especially, but that may be a style choice. She's got a bulge in the pelvic area -- there's some excess weight/mass that might settle there if she's 30+ years old. Arms could be thicker -- she's not model thin and she's wearing a jacket. Breasts do look squared. Lastly, I'm not an expert on women's shoes but those heels probably shouldn't stretch the width of her heel.

Good job so far, but when does she get a head?

4 low
06-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Image Station doesn't allow hot linking.

http://www.imageshack.us/

that's a pretty good site for hosting images, and it's free.

Tahl'eN
06-13-2004, 12:47 PM
And now, for a little constructive criticism. As always, multiple views and wireframes make things easier on those of us looking to crit stuff. From here, she looks like she's off to a good start. My sense of proportion isn't as sharp as others on this board, but from here it looks like the hips and thighs are too short by about the same percentage. Also, the outside lower corner of her breasts looks a little squared off. --Though realistically, a leather (assumption) coat wouldn't fit as tightly as this (and most cg coats for that matter) does.

Otherwise, it looks like you've got most of the basic shapes down pretty well. Are you using any sort of reference for her?

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.