PDA

View Full Version : still: Autumn

AtmaWeapon
06-11-2004, 12:10 AM
First Work I've Posted Here :wavey:

Thanks to everyone who helped me on this one. Thirteen hour render time... I need a faster computer. C&C welcomed as usual.

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/beiy/images/3dWorks/autumn.jpg

Keiyentai
06-11-2004, 01:33 AM
Verry nice. What program? 13Hours? :surprised thats a long time. Now the less it looks verry nice. Great job

foxco
06-11-2004, 02:32 AM
ya 13 hours lol, say what app you are using and somone will give you tips on render cheats to get the same effect and avoid heavy render times..

nice lighting and realism.. i think tho a couple brances are too strait.. a few more bends and twists and you got it

/fox

AtmaWeapon
06-11-2004, 12:41 PM
3d Studio Max 6
Photoshop

Global Illumination, FOV, Opacity Maps, Bump Maps.
I don't know what took so long. I'm guessing its the global illumination calculations with all the different leaves all having opacity maps to them.

My computer specs:
Athlon XP 2000+
512 MB Ram
GeForce4 Ti4600

Any tips on improving render time would be appreciated

Dutchman
06-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Hey! That's a really nice image! Congratulations! I think the leaf-shader is really awesome; can you post an image with that shader on a teapot or so? :bounce:

For improving the rendertime: I also have had the same problem... I've seen it's especially about the FOV; you can speed up by rendering seperate layers witch you can combinate in Photoshop, and adding a 'Gaussian Blur' effect to it :) You can find a tutorial for speeding up that FOV HERE (http://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorials/ashishzdepth/ashishzdepth.asp) . Good luck ;)

AtmaWeapon
06-13-2004, 07:41 PM
Here's the two leave shaders I used for the leaves. As you can see, nothing to special, one diffuse map and one opacity map.

JOSICH
06-13-2004, 11:27 PM
I think like XsifoX and you can search a other composition, with a better read line. But donīt repeat the render, search a good friend. :D

Good work

Ciao

Wongedan
06-14-2004, 01:24 AM
btw....
U catch the FX..!! nice..

it just you need to cheat the time...:D

btw try to reduce the transsluency, cos, .. the leafes start to turn blue..
:scream:

AtmaWeapon
06-16-2004, 12:05 AM
I'm trying to cut down on render time, i've got down pretty well now, but I'm trying to add translucense now. Any way to cheat that as well?

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.