PDA

View Full Version : vehicle: Renault5

mrtprodz
06-10-2004, 08:27 PM
oue oue :D

this is the first car I've ever made, hope it looks like a renault 5.. i'm talking about the old 82 model. I know this is not that perfect than other car model here in this forum but i'm curious about your opinion. be rude! :buttrock:

(the floor map is kind of stretched, i'll fix it in a near future..)

thanx for your c&c.

http://www.mrt-prodz.com/mrt/picz/r5/r5-08.jpg

wireframe
http://www.mrt-prodz.com/mrt/picz/r5/r5-09.jpg

update (final):
http://www.mrt-prodz.com/mrt/picz/r5/69-high.jpg

d4mo'
06-10-2004, 09:28 PM
Pretty good for a first attempt. Just keep doing em and by the 5th or 6th time they will be damn hot. As with most things in cg, it comes with practice. Be careful with smoothing though, i think you need to add more geometry around the windows especially so you dont get that rounded/inflatable look. The front of the car looks a lot flatter than it should be too.

Keep at it :)

mrtprodz
06-13-2004, 07:19 PM
thanx a lot for your crits! well for the front of the car i'm not really sure about it, i made the car from blueprints but i have many things to fix with textures. (many peeps told me some stuff to fix)

thanx a lot for your comments! :D

ReSeT
06-13-2004, 08:45 PM
Well, as already said, not so bad for a first attempt.

A few suggestions from me, how you could improve the quality of your image:

First of all you should change your camera position. Put it a little bit more far away and a little bit more down, so the front left tire doesn't end with the image.

I think the materials need some little tweaking. The car paint isn't reflective enough, maybe it seems so because of the noise. Maybe you just adjust the fresnel value of the reflection, don't know.

The shadow under the car is too strong imho and it should be more soft and gradient.

As you already mentioned the floor texture is somhow stretched. In some way it does not fit with the background. (Is it a photo or did you model it?)

There's an edge in the car hood that the Original R5 doesn't have, and the front should be more tapered. The model really needs this details, because this shape makes the R5 so unique.

Just a few thoughts ;)

Keep up the good work.

Greetz

ReSeT

mrtprodz
06-13-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by ReSeT
Well, as already said, not so bad for a first attempt.

A few suggestions from me, how you could improve the quality of your image:

First of all you should change your camera position. Put it a little bit more far away and a little bit more down, so the front left tire doesn't end with the image.

yes the picture that end with the tire isn't that great :D i'll fix this one now.

I think the materials need some little tweaking. The car paint isn't reflective enough, maybe it seems so because of the noise. Maybe you just adjust the fresnel value of the reflection, don't know.

yes you are not the only one who told this, in fact in the beginning i had this idea to make the car dirty, but the reflections give the reality looks that i'm looking for. well i'll tweak it and make some experiments as you suggest.

The shadow under the car is too strong imho and it should be more soft and gradient.

many peeps told that too, i deffinitely have to fix this too.

As you already mentioned the floor texture is somhow stretched. In some way it does not fit with the background. (Is it a photo or did you model it?)

yeah i don't like it neither, i have to change the texture or add some stuff on the floor (barrel or something), the background is modeled (i'm currently surprised and pleased that you asked this lol)

There's an edge in the car hood that the Original R5 doesn't have, and the front should be more tapered. The model really needs this details, because this shape makes the R5 so unique.

Just a few thoughts ;)

Keep up the good work.

Greetz

ReSeT

well i'll check some ref picz to make my r5 looks closer to the real one, thanx a lot for your c&c i really appreciate that you take your time to help me making it better ;)

thanx

mikepolizos
06-14-2004, 06:38 AM
Hey My friend!
Nice car for a first attemp!

Although there are some problems I really thing that you are on a good way!

Great to see you again!

Be good!

(GEIA SOY)
:beer:

Arcturus
06-14-2004, 06:46 AM
looks great

Only thing is the overall material looks a little plastic.

Ogi
06-14-2004, 09:47 AM
i think u have done a great job for the first time..
Keep it up :applause:

mrtprodz
06-14-2004, 01:48 PM
mikepol |3D|: prepei na vrethoyme kapia mera stin athina, konda eimaste xexe :D

mikepol |3D| and Ogi : thanx a lot for your good words i really appreciate ;) i'm actually tweeking it with the c&c people told me.

mrtprodz
06-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Arcturus: did u meant that the car paint looks like plastic? i do not have exactly the same feeling about it, but maybe there is a toy looks in it :D

d4mo': i've checked the front of the car in reference pictures and yes you were right, it's flatter than the real one :hmm:

unfortunately at this stage i can't do that much tweeking on the mesh, well.. my next car will looks better :shrug:

thanx

mrtprodz
06-15-2004, 08:13 PM
well, this is the last update (1h58mn of render, i get bored while waiting for the final pic) hope this is not so bad, i'll make a better car next time ;)

the pic is on the first post, the update (final) picture..

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.