PDA

View Full Version : Borg (New artist) critisize me!

Mr. Pale
06-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Done in pen and ink, Shaded in photoshop. Looking for some CONSTRUCTIVE critisism of my work. I have hundreds more picts, but untill the book they are in is published, (End of month) I'll have to wait to show you.
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v295/MrPale/borg.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Mr. Pale
06-10-2004, 11:01 PM
:rolleyes: Now don't you all start posting at once, This overwhelming response I've gotten so far is overwhelming me. (Insert humorous sarcasm here.)

If anymore people respond I'm going to have to hire someone full time to look at this site for me.

Seriously, doesn't anyone have something to say about this pict? Could really help.

sypherr
06-11-2004, 12:47 AM
I find that not alot of the users like to comment on inked images.

Its very good looks like its from Warhammer? or inspired by it

Only thing i can crit is the lightsource i think its left to right? but some of the parts have shading on their left.

Ilikesoup
06-11-2004, 03:04 AM
Your picture is so full of weaponry that I'm not entirely sure of what I'm looking at. It took me a few passes to find his right hand on the trigger of an enormous gun that I thought was his arm. His left appendage with the blades -- I don't see it as an arm with a full range of motion, necessary to slash or stab, and it wouldn't be extended while he's firing a long range gun. All the tubes and belts really clutter the picture. And your character needs a wider stance so all that heavy ordnance won't tip him over.

I don't mean to be harsh. I can see that you are a skilled inker and all the shapes are well rendered and shaded. But to effectively showcase what your character can do, IMO you need 2 or more separate poses. One with him shooting that cannon, both hands on the gun. One of him, claws extended, ready to stick, slash and move. Remove all excess wires and ammo belts, give him a neck, etc. These are all just my opinions, but that's what you asked for.

JARhead
06-11-2004, 05:28 AM
Sorry I saw this when I was about to leave my house , I was in a rush so I didnt have time to post anything abou it .

It looks nice , vary good ink work . But I dont remember any borg carrying around a gun , but this could be a new kind of borg :D

I do agree with Ilikesoup that thers so much I dont know what Im looking at . I thought at first glance that the gun was his arm as well , intill I read Ilikesoup post . But after all that it looks vary good ! keep up the good work !

Mr. Pale
06-11-2004, 02:34 PM
Good points, I do have the tendency to throw in way more detail than a picture actually needs(Tubes and wires ect..) I'll have to watch that in the future.

Thanks for the critiques. I appreciate that.

VIVI
06-11-2004, 05:11 PM
cool..........

mikecarry
06-11-2004, 11:49 PM
It's a bit distracting in the chest area. And the pose seems very forced.

Mr. Pale
06-12-2004, 12:13 AM
This is some of my earlier work. Yes I am already aware that the arm holding the sheild looks a little funny. Just thought I would give you all something a little more to chew on me with.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v295/MrPale/Lancer.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.