PDA

View Full Version : Beast of burden - Character & Contraption - Apt Pupil

Apt Pupil
07-21-2002, 08:24 PM
If the pictures don't show, just hit the refresh button. I guarrenty it will work in less then ten tries (I have just got to change hosts *sob*)

Oh why not, I guess I'll try to enter this section as well. Someone (ZrO-1) said that my sketches look a little like DaVinci's sketch book, so I figured, I will try and enter them here:shrug:

So, that is what I am going to aim for, making my stuff look like DaVinci's sketches heheheheh

If you don't already know my subject, I am going to create a pheonix type bird, pulling a holy boat through the skies.

These are the sketches I have so far, but I am probably going to redo them all so that they are all consistant and fit snuggly in an 800 x 600 dimension. My entry will look like a technical schematic mostly.

Well, here is what I have so far:

http://www.magicswithin.com/extras/boats01.jpg

http://www.magicswithin.com/extras/boats02.jpg

http://www.magicswithin.com/extras/BiggyBoat.jpg

I'm aiming for finishing the bird and figurehead for tomorow, and after that, little by little I will work on revising everything for the next two weeks.

Comments and Critiques are always appreciated.

puddlefish
07-21-2002, 08:36 PM
Very nice. I'm not entirely convinced of the figure head design, but the rest is superb. Are these had drawings or computer?
The only crit I would have (and this is me being super picky) is to watch your perspective on the details, such as the grating over the door in the detail on the third piece, also the line of the roof (when compared to the lines of the front facing windows) looks a little off.

Still, your designs are sound and your attention to detail impressive.
Keep us posted!

jeroentje
07-21-2002, 09:19 PM
Oh! My! ****ing! GOD!!! :eek:
We are all in serious trouble here... :xtreme:
I love it!

jeroentje :bowdown:
(btw, Check this one out on my HP: www.geocities.com/superjeroentje/davinci.html )

Apt Pupil
07-21-2002, 09:38 PM
Hey thanks puddlefish, if you should find any more errors, don't hesitate to tell, me. The sketches are created by hand, however, sometimes i have to fix things up in photoshop with the distort tool to correct certain perspective issues (which I am going to have to do with your suggestions:) )

However, just thought I would mention that my initial sketches are created with a blue pencil, and then I just convert it to brown in photoshop. But I am probably going to really mess things up in my final to give it that sketchy feeling:)

Oh, and thanks jeroentje . . . I swiped your picture. It's gorgeous. I love the textures of the pages and the nice coloring of the . . . coffee. I don't think I will try that, but you never know. . .I might spill my coffee when I dose off on this project :p But thanks, I really apprieciate the helpfull pic. Hopefully, I can get mine to look something close to it.

Sleepless
07-26-2002, 06:51 AM
Update:) or are you very, very busy modeling this? I never have the patience or stamina to do that much detail work. Amazing.

Apt Pupil
07-26-2002, 08:21 AM
Sleepless -- > Yup, you guessed it, I am extremely busy trying to model this behemoth :sad: :cry: :cry: Of all the things, I decide to model a freaking church!! . . . and in the last two weeks on top of it :cry:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.