PDA

View Full Version : still: my first pic here

oj3332
06-10-2004, 06:31 AM
hi guys please don't be too hard on me this is my first pic here! Just a quick job I did of a tube station/train for a little clip in a movie.

Notes - I know the station floor isn't dirty enough, and the sign casts an inaccurate shadow on the ground...that kinda stuff needs to be fixed. Also a couple of things with the train interior. The lighting calculation probably took longer to do than model the whole train lol...my computer is too slow! I'm still working on the internal textures/modelling also.

Anyway C&C always welcome of course :)
PS - ignore the writing on one of the images...

http://www.fsatcn.com/oli/tubeselect.jpg
http://www.fsatcn.com/oli/tuberender14_train.jpg

Olz.

Michael Chen
06-10-2004, 08:51 AM
Come on everyone ... feedback for this new guy :bounce:

Here's mine :D
I'm not a 3D expert or anything, but your images look not bad.
The models are pretty good. I think you could do a bit more work on the lighting and texture.

Overall I think it was a great effort :thumbsup:

oj3332
06-10-2004, 09:30 AM
thanks for the reply!!!!!!

yeah lighting I am redoing...this was basiclly a finished work months and months ago...but its pretty much the only finished 'okish' thing I have....all my good stuff is all unfinished..and my latest stuff has been rendering for the past 5 days and is still going...LOL

Olz.

Nocturn
06-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Not bad at all :)

I think just play a bit with levels and contrast in PS for the finished interior image. To make it "pop" a bit more. Also the metallic texture for the floor doesn't really fit in. Do they really put that kind of floor in? Looks very rough compared to the rest of the interior. Perhaps just scale it down a bit.

logistiks
06-10-2004, 12:38 PM
good models!

just one curious thought, do trains in UK actually have that colour scheme?

i dunno that looks little fruity. baby pink baby blue, purple seats and yellow bars to hold on to... thats one train i will never go into... i will come back out supporting barney and his friends :beer:

nice model

MaxParticle
06-10-2004, 03:09 PM
As one who's experienced the London Underground at rush hour at Christmas, it's very strange to see it so empty!

Great modelling, great lighting. More grime and dirt would add to the realism.

logistiks - yes, the seat material really is that bad! But normally much more worn out and threadbare.

SideShow
06-10-2004, 03:25 PM
i like everything about it, the location , the objects ...

except the texture on the 'dont know the word', the sitting thins

:hmm:

:)

oj3332
06-10-2004, 04:39 PM
thanks for the replies guys :) I guess some positives is def a good thing :)

yup those are the colours of some of the new trains! it's crazy! only on the tube tho...

ok so far I've listed...add some more contrast tot he interior shot...make the station lighting a little better and overal some more dirt everywhere! thanks for the tips guys :)

Olz.

Ludovicus
06-10-2004, 06:09 PM
The only thing that comes to my mind right now is:

MIND THE GAP

:scream::thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.