PDA

View Full Version : RGB split

JCGA
06-10-2004, 05:25 AM
Is it possible to split the RGB channels, add separate operators on them and then combine them? If not, are there any plug-ins for this?

I'm using Combustion 2.1.

PiXeL_MoNKeY
06-11-2004, 10:36 PM
Yes you can. The way I have done it is to connect the source footage (or paint in this) into 3 Discreet Color Correctors. I have set the Histogram output for the various channels as:

Red = Red 255, Green 0, Blue 0
Green = Red 0, Green 255, Blue 0
Blue = Red 0, Green 0, Blue 255

You then apply whatever operators you need and set the Transfer Mode to Screen for all layers.

Attached is a combustion 3.02 cws set up and ready to be examined for other users.

PiXeL_MoNKeY
06-11-2004, 10:39 PM
Doh just saw that you are on 2.1 here is an image of what I did for the Red Channel on the Green Output.

JCGA
06-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Thanks a lot man. I just figured that it would be a layer setting or an operator thingie.

Much appreciated.

interference
06-16-2004, 11:42 PM
maybe there's an other way to do this using the compound RGB operator, first apply your effect to your layer, then a compound RGB, and set, if you want you effect to be only on your red channel, the green and blue operators to "set", your green and blue inputs to "green" and "blue", at "G and B layer" pick your footage. this has to cancel the first operator for those channels, and now your effect is only on the red channel
it doesn't solve everything but could help :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.