PDA

View Full Version : Character: Young adult African American Female

Mpenzi
06-10-2004, 02:58 AM
She is a character that will be used in some upcoming animations for my church

http://www.tendo-technologies.com/cgtalk/cgtalk_bethany.jpg

The base model was from Poser. I created the textures and morphs (modifications) from a living reference model. In order to duplicate her for upcoming animations I will be doing.

Critique is welcome

Visit my website:
www.tendo-technologies.com (http://www.tendo-technologies.com)

honkie
06-11-2004, 12:06 PM
no replys yet?
looks very nice, i like the skin shader...
but i think the eyes point out too much

nice work!:)

vlad74
06-11-2004, 12:49 PM
good modeling.The skin looks dry. You have to add some specularity. And the render is a bit dark. Anyway good job.

Da3X
06-11-2004, 02:05 PM
This is looking really good - I like it!

Maybe you can randomize the curls in her hair some more and the eyebrows look kind of blured to me.

Keep it up!

smudgefoster
06-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Hi there Mpenzi,
there is some nice texturing in there ,and she looks quite cute...
I think your lighting and framing could help you alot though,if you look at a lot of fashion magazines the flood light into pretty girls faces....bringing them out of the shadows....just turning your model to a three quarter view ,would help ......you just arent flattering her much at the minute....nice stuff though eyes and teeth are always tough to light ..........just toning the whites down 30percent will help.......goood stuff though nice texturing
look forward to seeing some more........smudger:thumbsup:

Shaykai
06-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Right now i think she looks really tan, not black. I would tone down the freckles and imperfections (keep some, just not as many as you have now) and make the skin more of a chocolate color. Oh yeah, better lighting too, but that's been mentioned :) Great job!

Shaykai

OberonX
06-11-2004, 07:34 PM
Well, I'm sorry to say this, but this looks very much like DAZ3D's Vicky and Gel Hair. This isn't a problem in and of itself (I use Poser figures quite a bit myself), but I hope that people aren't of the belief that you created the model itself.

I have to agree that this character doesn't look at all African American to me. The facial features are very Caucasian, and the skin texture looks like a very deep tan. I think you can do better...

:shrug:

KolbyJukes
06-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Her skin is far too noisy, tone that down.

-Kol.

Charkins
06-11-2004, 10:25 PM
Did you model this? Or is this Poser?

The skin tone/color doesn't match the physical attributes.
The eyebrow looks somewhat smeared.
I would up the texture resolution cause it looks a bit pixilated.

If this is your model, you did a great job!

Mpenzi
06-11-2004, 10:29 PM
The model's base is from Poser, but the character was morphed/created after the features of the woman who will narrate some upcoming animations.

The living model won't allow me to post her picture (which was my reference). I was shooting for realism as an enhancement of the animations

Is there a rule against models not built from "scratch"?

squidinc
06-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Mpenzi
Is there a rule against models not built from "scratch"?

no, but if you've used poser always state that at the start of the thread, rather than just taking compliments for something you didn't make

Mpenzi
06-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Understood

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.