PDA

View Full Version : Manually set password always invalid

MasterZ
06-09-2004, 11:55 PM
Every time I manually set my password it does not work!???
:scream:
I then bounce around with reset password emails until your reset password 'number' does work. (Sometimes with instant email delivery other times it takes hours.)

I used a password with 6 characters with varied capitals followed by the number zero. [Opera 7.23 Web-Browser Windows2000 not important] (password totals 7)

What are the rules for the password? And way does it not tell me it's invalid (and not going to work) when I change it manually. (initial application also)

With no private email addresses for such things I have now revealed enough information to have to try a different password anyway.

Also I noticed midnight constitutes a 24 hour time period.
So password reset requests can potentially expire within 1 minute (no biggy just though you might have missed that).

MasterZ
06-10-2004, 11:34 PM
Well this time I can add, I tried to set my password to a word with capitals (this time) no numbers.
Same problem after accepting the password change the system then barfs at login.
I return to resetting the password which after double emails the system sends me an eight 'number' password that works.

MasterZ
06-16-2004, 12:14 PM
I'm thinking maybe this relates to cookies now.
[Current State]
No solution found, No problem solved, No response from anybody here or in support.

At this point I will just stick with the generated number password, because I'm starting to remember it.

Strange when developing this one would think you make a username+password system that works before you proceed... but no I guess not.

I suspect people or working on this but nobody knows for shure.

Look at my settings, replicate another account like it (with a different username), no cookies etc. and observe this login failure issue.
Actually since this works with numbered passwords that's likely not the problem.

Good luck I give up trying to inform you of this ... for now.

Why nobody is replying to this issue here I don't understand either

To those finding a similar experience of fustration with this problem... it seems hopeless to actually set your password at cgfalk. Just use the robots random numeric one (if you can manage to remember it).

:cry:

DEADGIRL
08-30-2004, 12:38 AM
Is this the same Craig Young from Santa Cruz California who is not only a fine artist, a digital artist but also a tattoo artist and a world-class surfer?

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.